• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sengoku is pretty much built on the early CK2 mechanics, though it's missing a lot of what CK2 ended up with.

It's a fun little game, but it's a fun, little game. I think if it had received some DLC to pump more features into it it could have been great, but as it is there's not much to do except wage war and prepare for the next one (so in that regard I guess it's a lot like EU4). I say try it, but don't expect the play time you'd get out of CK2 or Victoria 2.

Sengoku is a go-to game for me out of the Paradox grand strategy titles. I want to play them all, but dont have the time to play them all, let alone learn them all. Sengoku has the best learning curve of them all, has a great mod to help balance gameplay here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?576172-Monumenta-Iaponiae-Historica-The-records-of-the-Japanese-History-between-1180-1600 and is an extremely charming game.

Glad to see you enjoy the game.