• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EUROO7

EUROO7
30 Badges
Jan 26, 2008
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
WEREWOLF
C L X
downton-abbey-logo.png

[video=youtube;GcVdGUvESKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVdGUvESKM[/video]

MY LORD, MY LADY

THE EARL OF GRANTHAM, VISCOUNT WOLFTON, HEREBY EXTENDS AN INVITATION TO YOUR HOUSE, THAT YOU MAY JOIN US IN CELEBRATING OUR DAUGHTER MARY CRAWLEY'S BIRTH DAY. WOLFTON ABBEY STANDS AS ONE OF THE LAST STRONGHOLDS OF CIVIL SOCIETY AS MUCH OF THE COUNTRY SUCCUMBS TO THE DISEASE AND THE SCOURGE OF REPUBLICANISM, BUT WE SHAN'T BE SWAYED FROM OBSERVING THIS JOYOUS OCCASION.

WOLFTON ABBEY AWAITS!

The Rules

§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless they are replacing an existing player who is unable to play anymore.
§1b. If you are listed as a player but haven't received any message containing your role, it means that you are a normal villager (as far as you know).
§1c. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.
§1d. If you are not going to be able to play, announce it as soon as possible. Failure to do so will make you blacklisted, marking you as an unreliable player that won't be given a special role in the next Werewolf game you are participating in; special roles require reliable players.
§1e. Multiple blacklistings may result in you being banned from ever participating again.

§2. The game is split in two phases, night and day. The Baddies hunt during the night and the villagers vote to lynch during the day.
§2a. Orders must be submitted to the Game Moderator before the deadline.
§2b. Lynchings are done by public voting. Whoever gets the most votes before the deadline is lynched. Correct voting is done by typing VOTE [INSERT NAME] in bold letters at the end of the message.
§2c. DEADLINE FOR VOTES AND OTHER STUFF IS (20:00 GMT)
§2d.
A repeated inability or refusal to vote before the deadline results in REPLACEMENT, as well as being noted for future EXCLUSION from the game, UNLESS you provide a warning.
§2e. Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Screenshots of PMs are not. PMs from the moderator are for your eyes only, do not show them to others, as this defeats the idea of the game.

§3. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER REVEAL ANY INFORMATION (COMPILATION INCLUDED).
§3a. ANYONE CAUGHT REVEALING SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§3b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§4. The villagers win when all Wolves are dead. The Wolves win when they eliminate the other evil packs and the evil villagers equal or outnumber the good ones.

§5. The abilities of the special roles override these rules in case there is any conflict.
§5a.
Nightly orders are handled in the following order:
  • 1. Distiller
  • 2. Lover
  • 3. Infiltrator scan
  • 4. Sorcerer scan
  • 5. Seer scan
  • 6. Priest scan
  • 7. Hunter
  • 8. Guardian Angel
  • 9. Doctor
  • 10. Werewolf
If multiple attack orders are sent from the same pack, the last order submitted is the one that counts. Only one werewolf attack takes place during the night (unless no valid hunting order is submitted, in which case there is no werewolf attack at all), no matter how many werewolves or werewolf packs there are.

• 11. Padre
  • 12. Spy

§6. The Game Moderator is always right and can change the rules as circumstances dictate.

The Roles & Traits
  • Villager: Has no special abilities.
  • Seer: May scan one person per night to see if he is a Werewolf or unclaimed Apprentice (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Seer.
  • Werewolf: Will choose a victim to eat each night. More specific eating rules, aka the hunting pattern, will be given to the werewolves but will not be public knowledge.

Note that only the above roles are guaranteed to be in a game (i.e. 1+ exists of each role above, 0+ exists of each role below).
  • Sorcerer: Works with the Werewolves, and wins if the Werewolves win. May scan one person each night to see if he is a Seer, a Priest, an Apprentice or a Cultist (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Sorcerer.
  • Priest: May scan one person each night to see if he is a Sorcerer, an Apprentice or a Cultist (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Priest.
  • Cultist: Works with the Werewolves, and wins if the Werewolves win. May learn the identity of a wolf master at game start and that Werewolf knows the cultist's identity in turn. Cultists may or may not be pack specific, however, once a cultist is part of a pack he will remain part of that pack until his death. If his wolf master is killed, the cultist will take his place in the pack (become a werewolf).
  • Apprentice: Only becomes active if his master is killed. A scanner can have more than one Apprentice but in case of the scanner's death only the first Apprentice will become active. Apprentices works just like their former master. If an Apprentice is in the game, the first scanner who finds him (and survives the night) will make him his Apprentice. An unclaimed Apprentice does not know that he is one until he is scanned. There might be claimed Apprentices at game start in which case these claimed Apprentices will know their role. Infiltrator scans can not detect Apprentices.
  • Guardian Angel: May protect one person against a Werewolf attack, but can't choose to protect the same person two nights in a row and can never protect themselves.
  • The Doktor: May protect one person each night. In case of an attack, the Doktor has a 50% chance of saving that person. The person saved will have no voting rights for the next day as they lie in their dormitory recovering from their wounds. They are also forbidden from publicly speaking and PMing (except to the GM). Cannot choose to protect the same person two nights in a row and can never protect himself.
TRAITS
  • Leader: May declare that the victim/all victims of a lynching will not be lynched, and pick one other character to be lynched instead. However the Leader's charisma can only do so much so he can only redirect the lynch to someone with at least 1/3 of the votes of the lynchee. If the lynched character is not a baddie the Leader ability is used up. There will never be more than one Leader at any given time. A leader that lynches a baddie that is not detected by any scan is promoted to King. A King can redirect the lynch to anyone he wishes regardless of votes. It is good to be the King.
  • Second-in-command: Will become the Leader if the current Leader is used up. There will be no more than one second-in-command at game start.
  • Third-in-command et al: Will become the Leader if the Leader and Second in command (etc.) are used up. There will be no more than one third-in-command at game start.
  • Witness: Once per game, the Witness may try to see the nightly attack. Witness success rate increases by 12.5% each night (12.5% on Night 1, 25% on Night 2 etc). If successful, he learns the identity of one Werewolf in the pack that hunted that night. If no kill takes place, the Game Moderator decides whether the ability is used or not.
  • Spiritual Witness: Once per game, the Spiritual Witness may try to see the nightly scans. Spiritual Witness success rate increases by 12.5% each night (12.5% on Night 1, 25% on Night 2 etc). If successful, he learns the identity of one scanner that scanned that night. If no scan takes place, the Game Moderator decides whether the ability is used up or not.
  • Rivals: These players hate each other obsessively, and must do everything in their power to kill their rival. If they are both alive at the end of the game, they both lose, no matter which side wins, if their rival is killed, they will in turn win if alive at endgame, and their side wins. They will know the name of their rival from the start.
  • Thief: The player possessing this trait will be able to rob another player of his role and traits. The robbed player will die due to complications in the act of being robbed (read: He was killed by the thief). The Thief retains his Thief trait for the duration of the game, i.e., he can keep robbing roles until the end of the game, or until he is dead. The Thief has a 33% chance to be caught, which would mean instant lynching. The chance of being caught increases by 33% every time it is used. When he robs a role, his previous role will disappear, meaning he cannot go back to the role he had before.
  • Spy: If a player has the Spy trait, he will have the ability to spy on another player, revealing clues to the role and/or traits of that player, but never the role or trait itself. Some clues may be useless, others not. The spy may spy on the same player again to try to obtain more information.
  • Cursed: If a Cursed person is targeted by the (Werewolves), they become one themselves. It will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Cursed will be unaware he is cursed until attacked by a (Werewolf). Seer, Priest, Guardian Angel and Doctor cannot be cursed. A cursed apprentice that turns into a werewolf loses his apprenticeship.
  • Blessed: A Blessed person will survive a (Werewolf) attack, but only once (the next attack will be fatal as usual). Will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Blessed will be unaware he is blessed, even after an attack.
  • Spiritually Attuned: A Spiritually Attuned person has a 100% chance to sense when someone is scanning them. If they do, they will have a 50% chance to learn the name of the person and a 33% chance to learn of the actual role.
  • Brutal: If lynched, has the power to immediately kill one person before being subdued.
  • Hunter: Carries a loaded pistol with him at all times. He may decide to use his one shot to kill anyone he wants, or may keep his bullet to protect himself from werewolf attacks (50% chance of killing his attackers). If he manages to protect himself during an attack, he will shoot dead a werewolf, the attacking pack will flee in panic and he will not be killed, but will lose his traiT
  • Plotter: May use PM to the GM for voting in which case the plotter's vote will not be revealed until the final vote count.
  • Ghost Whisperer: May once during the game ask to "speak" with the ghost of the player(s) that will get killed the upcoming night. The Ghost Whisperer will then get to know the ghost's intentions for that night and what that would have resulted in (only for scans) but also every action that was planned against him (but not specifically by whom, only by what). The Ghost Whisperer needs only tell which night he wants to use his ability, not on which player.
  • Distiller: Each night, the Distiller may choose to share a bottle of rum with a player (the target). The Distiller and the target are unable to perform any other action during the night. The target will only learn of the visit if he was stopped from performing a nightly activity. The target will not learn the Distiller's identity (because of the memory loss).
  • Padre: Chooses a person each night, if that person is hunted and killed by a wolf or a hunter, the name of one of the perpetrators will be given to the padre. May not choosed the same target twice in a row.
  • Infiltrator: Can scan a player to get one of the player's trait, excluding hidden traits. After scanning needs to wait one night to recharge
  • Pathological liar: The Pathological Liar lies so much he forgot that some of lies are true. To use his abilities, which he may three times per game and once per day, the Pathological Liar must both post openly in the thread and send a PM to the GM (containing a method for the GM to access the post, such as a link, post-number or quote-link) claiming one role or one trait, listed on the front page (i.e. listed in this post). He then gains the role (or trait) until immediately after the next deadline. He cannot use this power to change his allegiance to another side nor will it affect how he counts for parity.
    By way of an example, were a villager pathological liar claim to be a wolf, he would scan as a wolf and be able to eat people that night (two hunts would happen), but would not count for parity on the wolves' side or learn names of a pack.
  • Seerish Powers: This player have some talent in seeing the future. Not enough to become a seer but enough to give him one single fully* functioning seer scan during the span of the game.
  • Priestly Powers: This player have some divine talent. Not enough to become a priest but enough to give him one single fully* functioning priest scan during the span of the game.
  • Sorcerous Powers: This player have some dark magic talent. Not enough to become a sorcerer but enough to give him one single fully* functioning sorcerer scan during the span of the game.
  • Healing Powers: This player has some healing talent. Not enough to become a doctor but enough to give him one single fully functioning doc protection during the span of the game.
* Xxxly powered scans can detect but not claim apprentices.
* only one Xxxly powered scan of each type will be effectuated on any given night. Should several scan orders be issued the same night one random scan will go through and the rest of the Xxxly powered scanners will have to wait until another night.

RULES/ROLES NOW FINALIZED

Last edited:
Last edited:
In

In, and since this is a British setting, I'm going to be Sherlock Holmes.

An English setting! Why must you tempt me so Euro!

Fine, I'm In.

As Dr. Henry Gray.

I love you, Euro.

In as Lord John Marbury.

Out I am afraid, unless this starts after the 24th (which I doubt it will) or you are ok with me phoning it in a bit until then.

Out I am afraid, unless this starts after the 24th (which I doubt it will) or you are ok with me phoning it in a bit until then.
I'd say play. Phoning it in the first couple of days in a Big isn't a problem, as long as you're able to make a vote and send in an order once a day.

I'd say play. Phoning it in the first couple of days in a Big isn't a problem, as long as you're able to make a vote and send in an order once a day.
Ok then In as Capt. Edmund Blackadder, but be warned that until the 24th there is a chance I may miss deadlines, though I doubt it.