• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a very simple update, nothing fancy about it.

April 9 1937 Construction begins on expanding the air base in Sofiya.

May 3 1937 sees the Republican forces defeat Nationalist forces in Spain.

October 19 1937 the decision is made to begin aligning toward the Axis.

I'm off to play some more.

Seeing the moves that were being made by Germany under the command of Adolf Hitler, Danail had approached some of those in the Army Central Command to discuss aligning with the German Reich. On March 9 1938 Germany absorbed Austria in the Anschluss which further pushed Danail and his army allies further toward allying with Germany. Approximately three weeks after the Anschluss of Austria army command approved for production trucks for maneuvering infantry more quickly then those on foot could maneuver.

One month after the approval of the infantry trucks for warfare German diplomats approached the Bulgarians offering a strong alliance between the two countries. After much pressure from both the military and civilian leaders Tsar Boris III gave approval for the alliance to be signed. Several weeks later army command approved the production model of a new fighter for the air forces(Multi-Role Fighter).

Early June saw Germany and Japan enter into an alliance against their common enemies. Things remained tense but mostly quiet until late August and early September when German populations in the border regions of Czechoslovakia came under assault. This led to the signing of the Treaty of Munich which ceded the border regions of Czechoslovakia to Germany.

http://s113.photobucket.com/user/PrussianKingTiger/library/BulgariaAAR/1939 Tech Report

May I suggest putting your links to your images between
IMG ] tags (without the space in the end)

May I suggest putting your links to your images between [/IMG ] tags (without the space in the end)? That way we readers don't need to click the link all the time, and, lazy as we are, just see the images in your post ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll do that for more important and visually flashy things like war progressions and such guaranteed. For things like technology updates I'll just provide a link. I just finished playing through 1939, so I have such visually flashy things for the war in Poland. I promise to try my best to post an update for 1939 by mid week, if I fail to do that my secondary date goal is Saturday.

March 24 1939 saw intelligence services operatives deliver to Danail a package containing the schematic drawings of Germany's newest infantry anti-tank weaponry. Ostensibly they were "stolen" but given the relations between Germany and Bulgaria this is likely just a ruse to throw off other intelligence forces. Two days later saw Germany annex Czechoslovakia with the Slovakian's declaring independence receiving Germany's blessing. Hungary laid claim to Ruthenia while Italy annexed Albania.

April 13 saw Italy sign an alliance with Germany followed two weeks later by Hungary. The day before Hungary signed their alliance with Germany army command approved a new service rifle for use by the troops. September 1 sees the first shots of the war which had been looming fired by German forces against Polish troops. Significant Polish resistance came to an end on September 29 as Polish troops began surrendering en masse.

Poland09121939_zps7512f525.jpg

The Polish front September 12 1939

Poland09211939_zps4f7ef54d.jpg

German forces have come perilously close to Warsaw September 21 1939

PolishSurrender09301939_zpsc798c266.jpg

Poland after being partitioned with the Soviet Union​

Glad to hear that you've saved your files. Seems we AAR writers are cursed with harddrive crashes these past few weeks!