Paradox Unveils New Europa Universalis IV Mini Expansion to the Public

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What the hell does this have to do with EvW?[/QUOTE]

Other than Paradox is wasting money developing for DLC like 10 people want rather than spending money on a game that practically everyone wanted because "MUH REPUTATION" "MUH BUGS" "MUH MUNNY"

Please make money a more central aspect than it is now then. Make it relevant somehow other than just for a war chest. Make it possible to bribe other nations into doing stuff, make supporting rebels a better experience with clear cut interface that really shows you what your support rebels money has achieved.

STOCKHOLM — JUNE 17, 2014 — The new mini expansion, entitled Res Publica, will introduce new systems of governance and trade to the game

wait, wasn't the last expansion about all the trade?

I'm still waiting for the 'Art of War' expansion (assuming that's what you're going to call it)...

Other than Paradox is wasting money developing for DLC like 10 people want

Their DLC model has proven very profitable for them.

I, for one, am conflicted. On the one hand, I'm really happy they're fleshing out Republics more, and giving us what many have specifically asked for: internal management.

On the other hand, I've been in a Republic playing mood lately, so now I feel like I'm going to have to stop those games so I can play a more engaging replay of them in a few months.

Eh, while domestic policy and internal administration could definitely use some fleshing out, it doesn't sound like this "mini-expansion" is going to do that in any meaningful capacity. To improve those aspects of the game, at the very least a more comprehensive factions system would need to be introduced, preferably in addition to deeper dynastic gameplay and custom territorial divisions. New government types and idea groups just won't cut it; it's just adding more fluff when the game's portrayal of empire-building is ultimately much too simple. As such, to me this seems more like a cynical monetized attempt at pandering to those asking for better internal management gameplay than a sincere effort to improve those aspects of the game, but we'll see.

Last edited:
I vote for please fix the bugs and balance issues in the game before nickle and diming us paying customers. I have bought all the past dlc to support you, but it is getting tiring now.

Their DLC model has proven very profitable for them.

I, for one, am conflicted. On the one hand, I'm really happy they're fleshing out Republics more, and giving us what many have specifically asked for: internal management.

On the other hand, I've been in a Republic playing mood lately, so now I feel like I'm going to have to stop those games so I can play a more engaging replay of them in a few months.

I know exactly how you feel. I've been giving each republic a good run for the past week or so, but now this... ah, Paradox always chooses the most terrible times to release DLC!

Eh, while domestic policy and internal administration could definitely use some fleshing out, it doesn't sound like this "mini-expansion" is going to do that in any meaningful capacity. To improve those aspects of the game, at the very least a more comprehensive factions system would need to be introduced, preferably in addition to deeper dynastic gameplay and custom territorial divisions. New government types and idea groups just won't cut it; it's just adding more fluff when the game's portrayal of empire-building is ultimately much too simple. As such, to me this seems more like a cynical monetized attempt at pandering to those asking for better internal management gameplay than a sincere effort to improve those aspects of the game, but we'll see.

I absolutelly agree with you, especially with this points: deeper dynastic gameplay and custom territorial divisions (in Europe and in colonial and commercial areas).

So... We will finally get something resembling internal affairs? It's ok I guess, but I'd really like something more complex, that would finally change game from mindless blobbing to thinking if I can actually afford to catch extra province.

If the ideas are free pretty sweet! It seems smaller so I'd say it's around 3-5$ but if the ideas are free i'll pay that price to just to support them. I'm hoping for Aztec, Inca, Maya, and Georgian ideas. How will this dynastic stuff affect the converter I wonder.

In Roman law res publica was state's property while res privata was property of individuals. "Republic" originates from "res publica" (public thing, something which concerns everyone, political sphere); in Polish "Rzeczpospolita" (translated to "Commonwealth") means exatly this - "rzecz" means "res", "pospolita" is "publica" in old Polish.