+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox Unveils New Europa Universalis IV Mini Expansion to the Public

Paradox Interactive
    PR

Paradox Unveils New Europa Universalis IV Mini Expansion to the Public

STOCKHOLM — JUNE 17, 2014 — Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today revealed the third expansion for Europa Universalis IV, the award-winning grand strategy game of empire-building and global domination. The new mini expansion, entitled Res Publica, will introduce new systems of governance and trade to the game, including an all-new government type and several new Idea Groups for ambitious strategists to explore. The mini expansion is scheduled to release this summer for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs.

Res Publica, a Latin phrase meaning “Public Affairs,” expands upon the critically acclaimed strategy game Europa Universalis IV, providing players with even more ways to rewrite history and tell their unique stories of conquest. In Res Publica, dictators and diplomats will discover new ways to manage and govern their empires, including additional ways to influence growth, sway the balance of power, and maintain – or shatter – a nation’s stability.

Res Publica adds the following features to the game’s affairs:

Republic Affairs: Grow your influence with the Merchant Republic faction to create new trade posts and reap bonuses, or exploit the inner power struggles of the Dutch Republic and their unique election events
    Meet the New Boss: Try the all-new Republican Dictatorship government type, and decide between increases in power or Republic Tradition in new in-game opportunities and events
    Don’t Fight the Power: Retain power for the ruling family by backing heirs in Elective Monarchies; boost your growth with the National Focus bonus and spend your points on Administrative, Diplomatic, or Military Power

Res Publica will provide grand strategy fans with their broadest set of choices and tactics yet when it releases this summer. However, if you want to see the expanded gameplay in action right now, check out livestream at http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive where we have 32 dev’s playing the latest beta build of the game today from 15:30cest to 17:30cest

For more information on Europa Universalis IV Res Publica, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-...iv-res-publica.

Wow, this looks awesome. I'll check out the stream when I'm home later today.
    Post Tenebras Lux - The Story of House de Geneve (CKII AAR)

Freedom and Chains, a Victoria 2 mod for PDM about slavery and the Confederate States of America.
    Bad Copt, Good Copt, a Crusader Kings II mod adding depth and flavour to Miaphysite Christians, co-created with caocao268.
    Victoria!, a Victoria 2 flavour and overhaul sub-mod for PDM, balancing and improving the game.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

What, this makes me thrilled for sure. Maybe I'm easily impressed, lel.

I have a bad feeling about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Personman09 View Post
    +1

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks interesting but there are already so many issues with 1.6 that adding more content to the game so quickly is probably not the best idea.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Seems like it's going to make Elective Monarchies worthwhile, and give us more to do in peacetime.
    Sounds good to me.

Darkest HourDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 EditionTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I'm still loving EUIV, and I am still having fun playing 1.6. Release the new expansion soon!

Maybe a bit too early after the big expansion that is WoN, but a few new additions and (I hope) fixes would be a nice plus.

Keep working hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsukaze View Post
    Maybe a bit too early after the big expansion that is WoN, but a few new additions and (I hope) fixes would be a nice plus.

Keep working hard!
    Well, I'm guessing that the expansion will probably be available only 2 months or so from now. After all, August is in the summer too

Quote Originally Posted by Bradeh View Post
    Looks interesting but there are already so many issues with 1.6 that adding more content to the game so quickly is probably not the best idea.
    It is a good idea if the goal is to distract everyone from all the issues in 1.6. Odds are we'll see more threads speculating on the new expansion, and fewer discussing what people don't like about the game as-is.
    "A government must not waver once it has chosen it's course. It must not look to the left or right but go forward." - Otto von Bismarck

HOI2 AAR: The Knight in Blue and Silver.
    Complete! Germany under von Lettow-Vorbeck struggles with ancient enemies, communists, evil gods, and aliens.
    Weekly Showcase AAR: December 19-26, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Personman09 View Post
    And what exactly is making your spider sense tingle??

Quote Originally Posted by Bradeh View Post
    I'm feeling a bit leery, as well.

I am with others when I say I don't get the best feelings from this. There are more important things that can be fixed and improved. I hope this doesn't detract from efforts on those.

Great! Looking forward to release.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

all-new Republican Dictatorship
    Hang on, is this right? Doesn't EUIV already have republican dictatorship, or something I'm missing?

This sounds quite exciting though.

Quote Originally Posted by cuffeee View Post
    I am with others when I say I don't get the best feelings from this. There are more important things that can be fixed and improved. I hope this doesn't detract from efforts on those.
    Considering we still have bugs and problems with previous DLC (American Dream) but pushing out new content takes priority apparently, expect things that need fixing to not be.

I think the issue is that, after reading the announcement, I still have no real sense of what this DLC will cover. Looks like a couple of features for the least widespread government forms... but what else is there?

I'm all up for more in-depth country management, as that is something this game lacks. Though I thought the second DLC was the trade DLC. I guess we'll see what this one will actually have to offer in the developer diaries. I'm not one to usually complain about PDS, so I'll withhold my judgement on this until more information is available.
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by VeraPera View Post
    Meet the New Boss: Try the all-new Republican Dictatorship government type, and decide between increases in power or Republic Tradition in new in-game opportunities and events
    But... this is already in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast