• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

trevi2

Major
3 Badges
Jul 26, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
I formed the HRE around 1525, and if I would have had the idea before, sooner, which I will do in my next game. The last four phases were passed in less than six months simply releasing countries as vassals, with the bonus of giving them catholicism.

The reasons to do that were mainly two:

a. I was tired of not having money, nor manpower, so I imagined that annexing all HRE was an interesting idea to solve this problem: forming it trippled my monthly manpower, and gave me an increase of +80 monthly ducats with 100 more divisions, allowing me to hire 3 stars advisors, instead of just one star.

b. I lost +15% income, legitimacy +1 bonus, -2% construction, etc. Very few benefits.

My point of view is that the new 1.6.1 conditions generate a situation in which your only view is to form HRE as soon as possible.

I formed the HRE around 1525, and if I would have had the idea before, sooner, which I will do in my next game. The last four phases were passed in less than six months simply releasing countries as vassals, with the bonus of giving them catholicism.

The reasons to do that were mainly two:

a. I was tired of not having money, nor manpower, so I imagined that annexing all HRE was an interesting idea to solve this problem: forming it trippled my monthly manpower, and gave me an increase of +80 monthly ducats with 100 more divisions, allowing me to hire 3 stars advisors, instead of just one star.

b. I lost +15% income, legitimacy +1 bonus, -2% construction, etc. Very few benefits.

My point of view is that the new 1.6.1 conditions generate a situation in which your only view is to form HRE as soon as possible.

Sorry. Wrong forum

Not sure if you realised this, perhaps it is part of the effect. Note I have never formed the HRE myself, only read about it.

If you form the HRE you only get cores on your provinces and the ones adjacent to yours. So if you annex the HRE from a small nation, you get massive overextension, which iwll kill your economy.
A trick to get around this would be to manually annex a few tactically placed states prior to firing the last reform, so that you border many more provinces when you pass that reform, and thus get more cores.

Not sure about the other effects

Not sure if you realised this, perhaps it is part of the effect. Note I have never formed the HRE myself, only read about it.

If you form the HRE you only get cores on your provinces and the ones adjacent to yours. So if you annex the HRE from a small nation, you get massive overextension, which iwll kill your economy.
A trick to get around this would be to manually annex a few tactically placed states prior to firing the last reform, so that you border many more provinces when you pass that reform, and thus get more cores.

Not sure about the other effects

Not being overextended means you're slacking.