• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_martsu

Colossal Order CEO
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Aug 25, 2010
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hi Everyone!

Colossal Order and Paradox Interactive are proud to announce that the Player's Choice DLC will be available on 17th of June, 2014!

Thank you so much for voting and suggesting amazing vehicles! Based on awesome community wishes, we brought to the tracks the Tatra 4m tram and Capitol S metro as well as three new buses to offer a pleasant way for citizens to get around.

It seemed the common theme was to get bigger vehicles to carry more passengers and therefore all the three buses are articulated! All new vehicles carry plenty of passengers and some even do it with very low maintenance cost whereas the others excel in speed.

Get the fan favourites to bring more variation to your fleet! And don't worry if your favourite didn't make it this time. We will be working on bringing content you want to Cities in Motion 2!

screenshot (2).jpgView attachment screenshot_7_.jpgscreenshot (9).jpg

I'm seriously very sad. How is THIS the suggested lion's city GL?????? Like what the hell (I don't like to complain but sorry you guys let me down hugely) :(

1024x576.resizedimage

We wanted a normal articulated bus, we suggested 4-door version we didn't chose mercedes because we wanted a normal modern design (mercedes had 4 sets of wheels and longer), like this:
010473250777095.jpg

And like it's been told before Tatra with doors on both sides?

Last edited:
All the busses look very nice. Also the new metro has a great look. The Tram has some great parts but also big faults: This tram has only doors on one side. It just looks strange. The doors on the left were not needed either. So, CO could you please, please remove these doors with the next patch? This would rise this dlc from a quite good one to the best vehicle-dlc of this game.

Maybe the rear turn signals could also be removed and integrated into the backlight ;) But thats not as importend as the doors issue.

All the busses look very nice. Also the new metro has a great look. The Tram has some great parts but also big faults: This tram has only doors on one side. It just looks strange. The doors on the left were not needed either. So, CO could you please, please remove these doors with the next patch? This would rise this dlc from a quite good one to the best vehicle-dlc of this game.

Maybe the rear turn signals could also be removed and integrated into the backlight ;) But thats not as importend as the doors issue.

I agree!
(And maybe a second version as double traction, like the Prospekta M/L would be so awesome!!) <3

I don't get you complainment in this point, the MAN GL sometimes has 5 doors, > Like here <.
Guess I got it wrong then. It looked to me that the community wanted a more normal bus that's why MAN won over Mercedes, but I guess I'm the only one them.

I don't get you complainment in this point, the MAN GL sometimes has 5 doors, > Like here <.

The both doored Tatra, I am following your point, thats just wrong.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, and i don't like being pessimistic, but i don't think CO is going to redesign the tram to fix a mistake. If they can't put a proper rear cabin or engine on the metros we have now (which I've been upset about for a long time) then they certainly won't do this, or they could read this and prove me wrong. Who knows....

The doors/length variant of a bus or anything is a matter of discussion. But one does not simply make a bad model of the Lion's City. Let's be honest - all the vehicles made for CiM2 could look way better, if someone actually put some effort into shaping and texturing them.

Other than that - we've had "oversize" vehicles all around - double-articulated trolleys, double-decker buses, trams almost twice as long as a tram stop, etc. Can't we have a regular 18m articulated bus and a regular solo 12m city bus for once? CiM2 was AFAIR supposed to be a simulation.

Don't get me wrong - I'm here not to complain. But I've put my effort into writing down useful suggestions and problem solutions, and possible bug fixes after the release, and I rarely had my voice heard over at the CO office. So then I quit praising...

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, and i don't like being pessimistic, but i don't think CO is going to redesign the tram to fix a mistake. If they can't put a proper rear cabin or engine on the metros we have now (which I've been upset about for a long time) then they certainly won't do this, or they could read this and prove me wrong. Who knows....

But a Statement of CO to this issue would be nice. :sad:

Unfortunately we never make exact replicas of the real life vehicle models. The vehicles are merely inspired by the real thing I'm afraid.
This fact makes doors on the wrong side of the vehicle not look less retarded ;)

//Edit:
This has nothing to do with a "real" or a "inspired" version of a vehicle. Doors on the wrong side (especially in CiM, where all vehicles can only be access from one side) are just stupid and would be easy to fix... Anyway...
Asides from this flaw, I really like the new vehicles :)

What I cannot understand however:
Tatra.jpg and gl.jpg

Capacities - as always - only acceptable if you have an open mind ;)
I know that the balancing is (obviously) not related to the look of the vehicles but more of a balancing between the different parameters of the vehicles. However, after CiM 1 I really hoped that CO would take the real values (or at least the look&feel) of the vehicles as a reference and adjust the remaining parameters to fit the balancing. With this DLC I fully lost this hope.
And just to point it out again: I do not cry about it, I just point it out. I am not as disappointed about this nuisance as I not know why CO care so few about realism in this simulation game.

Last edited:
Holy Mac, and I started to feel bad for complaining to put in an North American Vehicle. You guys are ripping this DLC to shreds. (Granted, Doors on the wrong side is a pretty big mistake) Although not a perfect representation, the NovaBus LFSA came out quite nice, and have been playing both the NovaBus and MAN Lion'sCity to death.(I see why our friends in Europe chose the MAN Lion's City, it's a very nice bus)

Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying this DLC at least.

Last edited: