• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BigKrazyKag

Private
26 Badges
Nov 23, 2013
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
I just got this game and just like I was at first for Hearts of Iron III I'm a bit confused on what I should be building and doing. Does anyone know a good format for building up Armies and fleets? Especially Navy because I'm completely stumped there and have no clue what would help make an effective force to take on enemy fleets. ( Especially those of Great Britain. What a major head ache I've found out they are. ) Any kind of advice to help put me in the right direction would be just great.

I can tell you, right away, that if you're new to the game, and you're trying to take on Britain's navy, forget it. Not saying you're incapable of it, but the game, out of the box, is mega-biased toward the British Navy.

What I would recommend is getting the current 1792 mod in the Mod Section. There are some great guys who have recharged that mod, it's deeper, more balanced, and quite honestly, damn fun to play. Get used to how that mod works because the costs of units and the types of units are way different than the base game. The coolest part of that mod is that it's a great work in progress and more work is being done on it as we speak. Give that a shot, play around and familiarize yourself with the game, follow that thread, and you'll be learning quite a lot. Those guys know the game and are more than happy to lend some good advice!

I can tell you, right away, that if you're new to the game, and you're trying to take on Britain's navy, forget it. Not saying you're incapable of it, but the game, out of the box, is mega-biased toward the British Navy.

What I would recommend is getting the current 1792 mod in the Mod Section. There are some great guys who have recharged that mod, it's deeper, more balanced, and quite honestly, damn fun to play. Get used to how that mod works because the costs of units and the types of units are way different than the base game. The coolest part of that mod is that it's a great work in progress and more work is being done on it as we speak. Give that a shot, play around and familiarize yourself with the game, follow that thread, and you'll be learning quite a lot. Those guys know the game and are more than happy to lend some good advice!
Thank God. I was hoping there was a mod that was more balanced out there. I did a little bit of that mod but I barely touched it and chose a minor nation which ended up being a bit boring. I will try a bigger nation this time just to see what's up. Thanks for the heads up. The regular game is just to unbalanced I guess.