[The Resistance XXIII] (Avalon) The Imperial Spy Headquarters!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Boy, this game sure is interesting.

Have you never been in a WW game where everybody just cast their vote and nothing much else happened?
But when that happens in WW, it's generally regarded as a bad thing. Here it's par for the course. This game - specifically this Avalon abomination - creates almost no meaningful discussion, even at the endgame.

If I vote yes, will something happen?

But when that happens in WW, it's generally regarded as a bad thing. Here it's par for the course. This game - specifically this Avalon abomination - creates almost no meaningful discussion, even at the endgame.

Maybe this is true to some extent. I think the problem is that we haven't been creative enough in terms of gathering information. We could treat this a lot like a werewolf day 1: figure out which candidates (other than themselves) people would be willing to allow on a mission, determining potential alliances in this manner, and delaying our proposals until we've gathered a consensus. I don't necessarily see anything in the Avalon variant preventing us from acting this way; in fact I think Avalon should encourage it, as a Resistance member who figures out the spies on his own is the best possible means of protecting Merlin. I play quite a bit of Avalon outside this forum, and there's no shortage of discussion in most of the games I play. Maybe the forum just isn't conducive to Resistance in general, as you can spend four whole vote cycles without moving forward, which tends to slow the games down and results in much less content and activity than I'm used to seeing.

I just seem to remember more discussion, and more importantly, a lot more variation of discussion when we played with cards. So many more different possible permutations, strategies and options. In this game, it's simply about the spies trying to get three sabotages, merlin trying to stop it without being too obvious and that's 75% of it/

I just seem to remember more discussion, and more importantly, a lot more variation of discussion when we played with cards. So many more different possible permutations, strategies and options. In this game, it's simply about the spies trying to get three sabotages, merlin trying to stop it without being too obvious and that's 75% of it/

Point taken. The plot cards do generate a good deal of discussion and debate, because it matters who gets them, and you can argue about any results obtained from them. I'll have to see if a normal Resistance game feels different from the Avalon ones here.

The team of

Aedan
Madchemist (button)

Was rejected 3 to 3.

Approve: aedan777, Madchemist, Dr. Livingstone
Reject: alexu, tamius, Falc

Leadership now passes to madchemist.

Also, Marty, (and others), I might look into doing a card game after this one, if I host the next one. Might. If.

IMHO, 8 was the best game with cards that I've played, and 19 the best Avalon.

Well, how about it? Let's try to create some discussion: name one player, besides yourself, whom you would be somewhat inclined to support as the other person on the mission. Otherwise I'll probably just pick at random.

I believe Euro is the least likely to be a resistor. I vote Euro.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

I, too, would trust Euro, with a back up of aedan.

Well if we're putting people who aren't playing on the team I suggest Marty. Since he loves Avalon so much.

Well, this has certainly provoked a lively discussion. Aedan is the one person actually playing who got a mention from anybody, and that was the previous proposal, so I won't re-propose it.

I think I'll pick Livingstone, since he and alxeu haven't yet been involved at all, and alxeu will get to choose next mission anyway if this one is voted down.

Proposed:
madchemist
Dr. Livingstone (button)

Approve