• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for for brilliant AAR and awesome reading! How many brigades have you got at the outbreak of war? Why Germany has republican flag? authoritarian, militaristic, monarchical, conservative French Empire vs republican, secular, democratic, liberal Bundesrepublik Deutschland - interesting historical reverse!

Last edited:
Thanks for for brilliant AAR and awesome reading! How many brigades have you got at the outbreak of war? Why Germany has republican flag? authoritarian, militaristic, monarchical, conservative French Empire vs republican, secular, democratic, liberal Bundesrepublik Deutschland - interesting historical reverse!
when germany has a certain amount of reforms their flag changes, i had roughly 200 brigades at the outbreak of war before mobilization and the Germans had about 220

how many reserve brigades have you mobilized? In OTL united Germany in 1914 have more population and manpower than France
i checked after mobilization they had around 80 more brigades than i did, so i was outnumbered especially when you include Britain and china as well.
Edit- just noticed i passed 1000 posts a few post ago so yay :cool:

congrats on your 1000nd post!

Part 23: Imminent victory

We are on the brink of victory as almost all the remaining German forces on the western front have been defeated and we can now move into Germany almost unopposed. It is now simply a matter of defeating their remaining armies and moving into Germany, this however may take a very long time. On the 28th of April we defeat the Germans in the battle of Besancon.

A5YvAM.png

dfBLT8.png

Despite most of the German armies being already defeated the amount of dead bodies continues to grow as vicious battles rage in Franche comte. For months brave men have attempted to cross no man’s land in Epinal without much success. The air reeks of rotting flesh and the landscape is scarred and the air filled with smoke. As the dust clears we see our flag rise and with it so does the moral of our troops because the battle is won. In what is probably the largest battle of the war we held out and ultimately defeated the German invaders, we have won a great victory but we have also lost so much.

gC1Uos.png

On the 14th of May yet another battle comes to an end as our troops defeat the Germans in the battle of Nancy. The following day we get a political victory as Austria Hungary finally decide to join us in this war. Of course their entry will do little to change the outcome as victory was already assured but their entry will make it far easier to occupy Germany. It is clear the Austrians only joined to see what they could grab at the negotiating table but their help is appreciated none the less.

mAoUT8.png

6nNADv.png

On the 25th of May we defeat the British in the battle of Hasselt in the Netherlands. Our forces where initially heavily outnumbered and suffered heavy casualties but ultimately we were able to win the day once fresh reinforcements arrived. Three days later we win another large victory over the Germans in southern France in the battle of Grenoble.

nnXAbQ.png

1JBHoN.png

On the 22nd of June yet another German army is completely defeated in the battle of Tournai. During the battle we lost 2,518 troops but in the process captured 30,000 Germans and killed an additional 30,000. Despite suffering constant defeats at our hands they continue to fight desperately trying to postpone the inevitable. On the 8th of July the Germans are defeated in the ruins of the city of Brussels but once again they continue to resist and the remainder of the army retreats from the city.

oGSKJ8.png

6q7Pgh.png

On the 29th of July the battle of Asyut in French Egypt ends in a victory after our force attacked a smaller Dutch force that posed a threat to our positions further north. On that same say the battle of Luxembourg ends in yet another French victory. On the 5th of August the Germans are defeated at Montauban in southern France.

cpSZ1W.png

mJukrT.png

By the 15th of August the Austrians have occupied most of Bavaria and we are slowly re occupying southern France. We defeat the Germans at Chaumont the same day in a minor battle. We have gained the advantage and now we will prepare to occupy Germany and liberate southern France and northern Italy.

GqbMdc.png

Author's note: hey guys of this update i will not be able to update as frequently due to work. sorry guys i'll try and update as soon as i have free time to write the next part, hopefully it shouldn't be too long.

Victory is near, but at what cost for the Germans and what conditions? :blink: