• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TehJumpingJawa

Field Marshal
95 Badges
Feb 26, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars II
The release version [2.1.4] is broken (So many bugs relating to temporary titles that inevitably lead to broken saves)
The beta version [2.1.5.6] is broken (can't plot to revoke titles).

I wish I'd taken a backup of 2.1.5.5; although there were bugs aplenty, it was at least playable.

Do I really need to roll back to 2.0.4 (pre-RoI) to be able to get my fix of CK2? :(

I've been playing 2.1.4 since it came out, including RoI and all other official supplements, and have not had any such problem.

To be clear, I don't doubt that there are such problems, but I think saying that the game is unplayable is going a bit overboard.

I've been playing 2.1.4 since it came out, including RoI and all other official supplements, and have not had any such problem.

To be clear, I don't doubt that there are such problems, but I think saying that the game is unplayable is going a bit overboard.

It it unplayable in Iron Man, as you may have to go back decades to fix a problem.

It's not generally unplayable, though.

What problem? Plotting to revoke? Is this the only way to gain provinces in this game? I'm playing Ironman today without larger issues (some small bugs).
So, it's not "unplayable".

If I loaded up Quake, and found the latest version had no rocket launcher in it, then I'd describe the game as broken.
Plotting to revoke titles from your powerful and/or troublesome vassals is no less of a weapon in CK2, as a rocket launcher is in Quake - thus I feel justified in describing the game as broken.

Regardless of whether you agree with my choice of language, I was hoping this thread might point me towards a version of CK2 that both supports RoI *and* isn't littered with potentially game breaking bugs.

Let me amend my statement: I have been playing 2.1.4 in Iron Man since it came out, including RoI and all other official supplements, and have not had any such problem.
Same.

I've played about 150 hours of CK2 since Rajas came out (almost 900 hours in total) and aside from very minor bugs that didn't really affect my gameplay at all the only problem I've had is one single CTD, so no it's not totally unplayable.

I don't think there has ever been a time when CK2 was totally unplayable. There has been times when it was annoying as hell but never unplayable. Like when Sword of Islam first came out and the Fatimids were basically invincible, that was annoying but also fun at the same time. Or when Republics first came out and Pisa would conquer half the world in the first 50-years every single time. That too was annoying, but also funny and fun.

If I loaded up Quake, and found the latest version had no rocket launcher in it, then I'd describe the game as broken.

And I'd describe you as being a bit of a tit. Small broken features don't constitute an unplayable game by a long way, and your example is even more poorly thought out as it wouldn't even be a bug but a feature you wish was that but wasn't. Hardly game breaking.

Regardless of whether you agree with my choice of language, I was hoping this thread might point me towards a version of CK2 that both supports RoI *and* isn't littered with potentially game breaking bugs.

Your language was inflammatory and unhelpful to actually achieving anything, so no, it's really not "regardless".

Given that you are aware of the latest patch and all the patches in progress, exactly how did you think this thread would point you to anything different?

Plotting to revoke titles from your powerful and/or troublesome vassals is no less of a weapon in CK2, as a rocket launcher is in Quake - thus I feel justified in describing the game as broken.

I've rarely ever found myself in a position where I need to plot to revoke titles. You are blowing this far out of proportion.

It's more like opening DOOM and finding yourself unable to use the pistol once shotgun ammo is plentiful.

While the revoke title issue is a minor problem... the temporary title one isnt, especially from a vassal standpoint.

Those revolt titles are all temporary...and if you get stuck with it...that means no diplomacy ever.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Describing a couple of bugs as 'completely unplayable' is hysteria.

Cool, another "the game is totally broken and/or unplayable because of a small bug" thread.