• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Phrosst

Private
35 Badges
Jun 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
I am the king of Connacht and I have taken Kildare, Breifne, and dublin. Now it seems that all the counties have lots of allies. I have had no success assassinating the people with ties to their allies. I have also tried to bring in my ally, duke of
Salerno, but he never helped even though he is not at war with anyone. In the beginning when few counties of Ireland had allies I though I would be able to take the rest of Ireland and crush them. I have lots of allies now too though but can
only call Duke of Salerno to war. The allies of my neighbors are not big nations at all, levies are mostly around 1500, plus that of other allies and my neighbors. I can raise a max levy of 2000+. I do have fake claims in two counties. Would like
advice.

Edit: Thomond is at war with scotland and non of his allies can be called upon, so I have my Chancellor fabricating a claim there.

Edit: My first character died. I am the heir of him now and 2 of my brothers own a county.

Last edited:
The Duke of Salerno probably isn't coming to help because it's too far for him (and he might not have the ships). It's possible that he'd join the war if you had really good relations with him, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for troops.

So, are the other Earl's allies people they can call to arms? Even if this is the case they still might not join the war or might join and not materially contribute. You might want to wait fora moment when your target's big ally is otherwise occupied (fighting a war of their own) to attack.

Also, mercenaries! Save up money and borrow money from the Jews if you need to.

So, are the other Earl's allies people they can call to arms? Even if this is the case they still might not join the war or might join and not materially contribute. You might want to wait fora moment when your target's big ally is otherwise occupied (fighting a war of their own) to attack.

Also, mercenaries! Save up money and borrow money from the Jews if you need to.

County of Ossory and Desmond have allies they can call on both on ireland and in wales. Desmond has about 5 allies that he can call on and Ossory has 2. I did try and take Ossory and his ally from wales attacked Connacht, my capital. About the other earls, I don't remember.

When dealing with Ireland, at least in the early years, know that allies from continental Europe aren't going to be much help (and enemies are little threat). There are very few states that have ships.

If you need more men, you can always revoke titles for your temples and cities. You can go "North Korea mode" and imprison your vassals, in order to banish. This gives those barony titles plus a large sum of money you can use for mercenaries, but doesn't win you any popularity contests.

*tip* Having those city and temple titles are great. Hand one to someone that has a strong claim on the county you desire (if you're a Duke), and press the claim.

2000+ men should be more than enough to take on an independent county in Ireland, though. Destroying the main force they raise from the county should give over 50% warscore, and assaulting their main castle should bring you total victory. Usually you can do this before allies can coordinate their forces and launch a counteroffensive.

the ship argument isnt that true anymore... you can conscript 20 ships for 50 gold now through a decision that pops anytime you are at war and by experience the AI loves those ships if it has none for itself...even if it is to send 50 troops around for fun

My current character doesn't have the counties the father (the character I started the game with) did, if i go back on a save how can I make sure my Heir (the guy I am now) keeps all the counties my first king did? By the way my first character died with 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl.

Edit: I just read a loading screen tool tip that said gravel kind makes my counties spread out to my kids, so I have change that then.

Last edited: