• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gunther_hammer

Corporal
37 Badges
Oct 4, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I think it's time to post this thread. Personally, I was very disappointed by CIM2, but I want to be positive and I'd like to think that CIM3 will be a great game thanks to the experience CO gained with the previous title.

Before writing my personal suggestion list, I apologize for my bad english, It's many weeks since I wanted to make this thread but I never find some spare time. Now I found 10 minutes to write it and I won't have time for correcting typos and rewriting whole phrases :)

Basically my wishlist is split into two parts: the first one is about improving the current features of the CIM serie, the second one is about adding new features: I'd suggest CO to take inspiration from the A-train serie (which, AFAIK, is at dead-end) and implement some of its features.

So here it is:

1) A better algorithm for path-finding of the cims. This is a must. As many users have already written on this forum, a transport simulation game with a bad transportation algorithm can't be a good game. The CIMS must be able to choose the most logical path. Also, if there are different routes that can bring them to the location they are heading to, they will have to bring the vehicle that is available first. This features is so important because it lets the player try different ways, different strategies to the same game. Also, CIMs should generally prefer having jobs and organizing their activity as close as possible to the place where they live.

2) Time-schedule that actually works and makes sense.

3) More architecture variety (different bridges, tunnels, retaining walls, roads, pedestrian paths, different sport fields and stadiums, ecc. ecc.)

4) New class of CIMS: commuters (they spend the daytime in the map and leave it before the end of the day. They can move by car or public transport)

ergo:

5) Inter-cities transportation = connecting the places inside the map with (virtual) adiacent cities outside the map: basically if you bring a line to the edge of the map, it will automatically reach the adiacent city on that side of the map.

ergo:

6) Trains: metropolitan trains and intercity trains

7) Featuring transportation of goods! It can be done in a simple and easy way (I don't want CIM to become a new transport tycoon): just introduce the CONTAINERS (just like in the A-train serie), generic unities of generic goods that are to be moved from place to place (for example, from an harbour to an adiacent city, from a factory to a mall) and that are needed in order to build new objects (buildings, roads, bridges etc.). Containers can be transported by trains or trucks

9) Harbours and Airports (time schedule for flights and ships so you can sync the arrivals and departures of your vehicles with the activity of the harbour/airport)

10) More varied activity of the CIMS. For example, a CiM could be willing to have a walk in the park or go shopping in the high street, they could go visit another city for holidays, need to go to hospital etc.

Uh! Last but not least:

11) The game should be mod-friendly. Developers should focus on making a good core engine, AI, and developing key-features for the game. The community of modders will then provide tons of vehicles, buildings, graphical, sound, interface mods :)

The game should have a dynamic building generation system. This will then make city's look better, but mostly make European like city possible as the building will fit a odd shaped road layout.
Also bring back the a historical time line, it's was that think I missed most in CIM2.

What I'd like to see is

Depots
I like the fact that they were implemented into CiM2, but it's surreal that every vehicle needs to visit the depot every single round they make. In addition to that I would like to be able to let metro's have a terminus without a loop or depot at the end of the line.

More types of metro stations
Platform in the middle/on the sides and interchange stations for crossing lines, like in CiM1

Tram track
-The ability to build tram rails on gras without building a pedestrian road to fit them on, like in CiM1
-Tram Catenary (already discussed in this topic http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?671085-Tram-Canternary)

Popular demand
-The return of main hubs like Train Stations and airports, I also like the idea of a ferry harbour.
Control Cars on both ends of the custom metro's.

This looks so awesome, I get an orgasm just when I think about it. It looks so beautiful and it would be a dream. Never again 2000 same houses in the same streets, individual generated buildings (like in TrainFever) and the possibility to change the street without destroying the half city.

I love the timetable but we need a more realistic pathfinding. A pathfindig without a hard stop radius would be awesome. We already had this topic here in the forum.
I would love much more realism. Trams run in the middle of the street, If the tram have to turn, they need a much bigger radius than in CiM2. Even the busses have an so unrealistic turn radius, as a bus driver this drives me insane to see this. The edges of the crossings are to .. edgy, to hard. And there are soo more other things I can't translate in english .. the German forum is full of this, we have a big discussion about this.

Street names that actually mean something, not changing every block. I feel like I know the local streets here in south korea better than I know my cities in CIM2. And we generally have no street names, just #s

Stop coverage should be street based as used in CitiesXL.
This defines stop coverage as a distance to walk to the stop along roads (and footpaths); NOT simply the distance as the crow flies. This is far more realistic as it based on actual walking distance to the stop.
This would prevent the silly situation we have in CIM2, where pedestrians can walk vast distances to reach a stop where there is no direct access.

Stop coverage should be street based as used in CitiesXL.
This defines stop coverage as a distance to walk to the stop along roads (and footpaths); NOT simply the distance as the crow flies. This is far more realistic as it based on actual walking distance to the stop.
This would prevent the silly situation we have in CIM2, where pedestrians can walk vast distances to reach a stop where there is no direct access.

+1

In terms of CiM3, I would like to see:
Something probably more graphically closer to CiM than CiM2. I found CiM2 always quite dark and gloomy looking compared to the first which was bright and vibrant.
Moddable. (And by extension mod friendly. In other words with a GUI that caters for larger numbers of vehicles and such more easily and mod tools/vehicle import tool)
Landmarks like Stations and Airports and perhaps even Harbours. As well as the other touristy attractions (And with that the ability to place connectors on the map edge to generate train traffic/road traffic to from the map)
Different Size Maps. Bigger and smaller ones.
Keep Depots and scheduling (in some aspect.)
Different Avenue Types. Tree lined Avenues, BRT (perhaps with BRT stations), grass/tram on grass, concrete/tram on concrete, metro track.
Keep Road Tool but also add in the ability to, say paint on bus lanes, instead of it always being the outside lane.
Bridge Tool, to allow the building of specific different types of bridges that can be connected using just the normal road tool.
Footbridges and Stairs.
Ability to reverse trains and trams (and have tram and train terminus stops.)
More variety of buildings.
Pathfinding changed to stop ridiculous trips.
Zoning paintbrush for building generator.
+1 on stop coverage being street based.

In terms of less important things,
Ability to choose roundabouts/trafficlights/non signalled intersections
No Left/Right Turn
Options for vehicles driving on the left
Im not too fussed about the timeline. I prefer to play with vehicles that are more modern, but that is just me.

It would be a lot of work, but I would pay much much more (like regular game retail prices) if I could combine the best of CiM1 and CiM2 and know it would be even better as mods and DLC came along.

I would pay like £30-40 for this to be some form of addon to the current game if they where able to do it. But i doubt they wouldn't be able to and if they did it would only be a compromise :/

I would do CIM3 with a paid Alpha / Beta. So there will be enough time / Money to implement all Features and the puplisher is not going to cut of most of the Features due a fix timeline.
So Players can decide, how many Features they will pay for. And if there are difficulties, they might get help from the community.

CIM 3

1. CIMs read scedules and plan journy from there.

2. Lines are sets of one or more terminus Stations. Each Terminus Station is bind to a Depot, which do not have to be the same on a line.
Each Terminus Station has a Scedule. (Terminus Station - Depot routes should be able to set via waypoints)

3. Scedules are free designable. So you have an Interface with checkboxes (MO-TH) (FR) (SA) (SU) And 3 Textfields (FROM) (TO) (Frequenzy), 1 Pulldown (VEHICLE SIZE) and 3 Buttons (ADD) (DELETE) (MODIFY) [Modify for Vehicle Size]
For easy Copy you should be able to copy from another Line and be able to make an offset of +/- Minutes.

4. TaxiStand on a Station should increase the Station range.

5. Signaling on Metro, Commuter Trains

Simcity like parts to the game / a city sim + full transportation control.

Toll roads

more rail types

more roads types

lane control / more intersection control.

easy 2 way to dual one way joining / splitting.

Mid road / left side ramps.

Better control of where rail stops put there pedestrians links.

Being able to join stops / stations / have one station be linked to more then one stop type / set of tracks even if just free transfers.

full pricing control / have some lines / systems be zoned based and others be just pay one on enter and go anywhere on the same over all rail system with out needed to pay to transfer to an other line.

Express trains that can pass non express trains / have lines that can be setup with peak time express A B stops with the same line having non peak make all stops.

Better multi track track cross overs / spits

More ideas

I wanna see the ability to be able to just have night routes only where sims will only wait for that service in times of operation, once the last one has gone they stop waiting for that bus to turn up. I also want to see the ability to set different departure times at each end of a line so that the service can be evened out with terminatus stations where the metro trains will reverse out of like in CIM1.

Much of this has been mentioned, but here is what I'd like to see:

-No more depot requirement at beginning and end of line
-Ability for railed transport vehicles to reverse at terminus stations
-More control over city building/growth. Don't mean this game should be the next Sim City, but it would be nice to have a greater control over where buildings pop up, and what kind.
-Greater modability, building packs should be something that the modding community can create!
-Customizable paint colours on vehicles, giving our transit fleet its own unique look