• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thingy Person

First Lieutenant
17 Badges
Jul 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
I wonder if there'll be an update to the converter because of the Wealth of Nations expansion like last time. I've tried updating it myself, but those religion icon graphics files are killing me.

Did you make a mod for the converter?

As has been said and as is *known*, the converter really needs an update. The religion icons, the cultures from RoI that translate into noculture and the dodgy country tag assigning.

Ethiopia and Abyssinia not being considered the same along with Koln and Cologne among many others such as Khiva not converting to Khiva are all tag problems that I've noted myself. Hopefully they do an update, the converter is the coolest thing Paradox has done IMO.

Ethiopia and Abyssinia not being considered the same along with Koln and Cologne among many others such as Khiva not converting to Khiva are all tag problems that I've noted myself. Hopefully they do an update, the converter is the coolest thing Paradox has done IMO.

I'm trying to make a mod where countries convert properly to their tags, but am encountering problems where the mod doesn't seem to load... Quite a shame.

What I'm attempting so far:
Abyssinia -> Ethiopia
Julich -> Aachen
Lombardy -> Milan
Trinacria -> Sicily
Sicily -> Two Sicilies (custom nation)

Miaphysite -> Coptic
Nestorian -> Assyrian (custom religion)

Those are the few I'm trying.

Also, the Ashkenazi and the Sephardi has localisation problems which the converter should've fixed.

Lombardy -> Milan
Trinacria -> Sicily
Sicily -> Two Sicilies (custom nation)

Milan is a seperate title in CKII files, so Milan -> Milan. Otherwise you could end up with two milans in EUIV.
Also, from my understanding, the Trinacria CoA is based on the later CoA od Sicily as to differentiate it from de jure Sicily. This creates confusion when de jure Sicily quite rightly converts to Sicily with the correct coat of arms. Either Naples -> Two Sicilies, or you just create new titles for Trinacria and Naples to convert to.

I did mod the converter, just for a few religion changes:

Jain in the dharmic group
Ibadi -> Ibadi
Mia+Monophysite -> Coptic

These are all working nicely. The Jain icon included in the converter looks really nice for some reason.

But I can't get one graphics file - province_view_religion.dds - to work correctly. The icons are always misaligned.

Milan is a seperate title in CKII files, so Milan -> Milan. Otherwise you could end up with two milans in EUIV.
Also, from my understanding, the Trinacria CoA is based on the later CoA od Sicily as to differentiate it from de jure Sicily. This creates confusion when de jure Sicily quite rightly converts to Sicily with the correct coat of arms. Either Naples -> Two Sicilies, or you just create new titles for Trinacria and Naples to convert to.

Reason I didn't use the actual Milan title in CK2 is because that is an unformable titular title, thus no one can have it without using console. Plus, in the .csv file, it says that Milan doesn't exist in CK2 which is historically correct, somewhat. I decided to make Trinacria into Sicily and Sicily into Two Scilies because the latter represent a unified Naples and Sicily. Not sure about CoA since I don't really care for it too much, but that was my idea.

I did mod the converter, just for a few religion changes:

Jain in the dharmic group
Ibadi -> Ibadi
Mia+Monophysite -> Coptic

These are all working nicely. The Jain icon included in the converter looks really nice for some reason.

But I can't get one graphics file - province_view_religion.dds - to work correctly. The icons are always misaligned.

Nice. Honestly though, these are some of the things that should've been in the converter without modding. Did you directly edit the files in the main CK2 folder or did you make a separate mod?