• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope this is not going to hurt anyone in the Carnage group. I have interviewed most of you, and I have immense respect for the lot of you. Every single one of you would hand me Berlin on a silver platter in less time than it takes to type this post. But...

Zid likes to have a plan. Careful and methodical. Like Captain America.
CptEasy, on the other hand, sometimes get a little gung ho. Like Spider-Man or Wolverine.
Now, if you put Captain America and Spider-Man in the same group, they are bound to find a way to bring even Iron Man or Thor down.

All I'm saying is, Carnage group, don't jump to conclusions and start changing the rules. Maybe play a game off our radar first. With 3 TFH games down your belts, you will have a more reasonable statistical average to work with.

All I'm saying is, Carnage group, don't jump to conclusions and start changing the rules. Maybe play a game off our radar first. With 3 TFH games down your belts, you will have a more reasonable statistical average to work with.

Yeah. We are currently running our 8th game under TFH and some went straigth to the ditch. Reasons are not always the rules. Most of the time, we found some imbalances (that were corrected with new rules) or we found out people were nmot understanding the rules properly. So we had discussion.

Eager to hear about your next game !

Keep on folks !

1938 start is what makes Carnage series carnage. Also starting from 1936 would highlight existing imbalances in group composition and "dodgy" interpretations of the house rules.

I enjoyed this game as much as I 've enjoyed all Carnage games. No need for drama, it is only one game in the series and members of the group who have good chemistry together like Cpt and Zid have the right to play as team-mates and not always as opponents.

Almost missed this one! Great game to watch as usual, too bad it was a bit lopsided, but I do think the Allies fully earned this win with daring and decisive moves. Had a few operations gone slightly awry, this could have been a very different result.

I was with this when it started, then got distracted playing three different betas. Finally got back to see the finish. I don't think the German player had much fun at all, and it was over much too quick. Nearest analogy would be stomping your opponent rather than a competitive game. Hopefully the next will go better.

Vacation is over for sure. The Carnage is continuing, though, so fear not. In fact, it might be the Carnage Group can offer you something a little extra. We shall see. You will have to wait a little bit longer, but will of course be notified on this thread.

Vacation is over for sure. The Carnage is continuing, though, so fear not. In fact, it might be the Carnage Group can offer you something a little extra. We shall see. You will have to wait a little bit longer, but will of course be notified on this thread.

A little extra, you say? :eek:

I'm very intrigued.

Nearly missed that one ; short, but great as usual.

Historically, the amateurism of allied forces in the first year of the war was one of the most powerful of german weapons ; no surprise, then, that cute players makes german life harder...

Thanks...

Waiting for the next...

I can't believe you've managed to put a teaser into a 'not ready yet' comment :)

Also waiting for it though.

I can't believe you've managed to put a teaser into a 'not ready yet' comment :)

Also waiting for it though.

Oh - but this one IS ready. I realized the index is not properly updated with the last installment but you'll find an"end-chapter" if you search through the comments.

I meant, the new one is not ready for posting yet. I've read this one twice already...

Oh... I see :) No - the new is not ready for posting yet... but in creation.

When the snow piles high enough to force the Scandinavians inside, and after they run out of stockpiled vodka and beer and have to resort to running their computers all night to keep warm... only then will we get more Carnage. :sad:

Any day now. The writing is underway. And it will be something special...

Sadly, I am just now getting around to writing on this thread. Our group plays a few games a year, but typically takes the summer off, so we are only now getting back in to HOI again.

Anyway, I really don't see your rules as any sort of problem. There are many sets of rules out there. Some make the game more historical, some make it slower or faster, some just flat out remove many of the game mechanics.

I really don't want to bruise anyone's ego. However, I really don't think rules are what causes one side to win or another. The bulk of the time it is just skill and your sides chosen strategy.(in that order)

However, there is one thing to note about this past game. I agree with Feye1 on one important detail. Paradox has said time and again that it never updates the 1938 scenario. With every expansion, this scenario becomes more outdated and less balanced. Playing that scenario in TFH, aggressive allied play is highly rewarded and only exemplary Axis play can overcome this.

EDIT: Also, for those who criticize the German players actions I think that most of his action were not as terrible as you might think. The Allies played a great game. Germany did make one big mistake though. It should have waited until Sept 1939 to attack. It would help to mitigate some of the problems it faced in the 1938 scenario and is also just better for Germany in general in TFH. I realize this would mean it would lose surprise, but as many have mentioned before, everyone knows what Germany is going to do anyway. Especially in a 1938 scenario.

Last edited:
Thanks for you comments JDNIGHT. I am in general agreement. There's never such a thing as a perfect ballanced multiplayer game, and there's never such a thing as perfect indicator for what result was due to player quality and what was due to unballance. The judgment generaly shift depending on side and viewpoint. But what war is ever ballanced? The best commander is the one who make the best use of whats available in the given situation.

And on the topic - I hope to be that commander in the new AAR from the Carnage Group

Please follow us for yet another round of Carnage​