• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThaHoward

Field Marshal
41 Badges
Sep 8, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
Hi! I got two questions:

1: When I blockade coastal provinces, do one ship do as much blockading as any number of ships? Or is the blockade more serious/harmful the bigger the fleet is, or the better the ships are?

2: Let us say I am taxing my pops at 30% and have an efficieny at 10%. Do that mean that the pops pay 30% in taxes and I only get 10% of them, or do they actually only pay 10%?

Thanks for your time :)

And a bonus question: I'm having a great war against UK, what kind of peace would be historical plausible? Like would it be plausible to realease Ireland, or to just take Suez and perhaps Singapore?

I'm pretty sure the answer to 2 is that they only pay 10%, that is why it is safe to tax them at 80+ % at the beginning as they only pay about 40-50%

Don't know the answer to the other two, but my guess at 1 is that the blockade is important, not the number of ships involved.

I'm pretty sure the answer to 2 is that they only pay 10%, that is why it is safe to tax them at 80+ % at the beginning as they only pay about 40-50%

Don't know the answer to the other two, but my guess at 1 is that the blockade is important, not the number of ships involved.

Thanks! Would been more interesting if they paid that amount of taxation they were set to, but due to bad economic models and so on only a fraction of it was getting to our pockets.

So one commercial raider do just as much blockade damage as 5 Battleships?

Thanks! Would been more interesting if they paid that amount of taxation they were set to, but due to bad economic models and so on only a fraction of it was getting to our pockets.

So one commercial raider do just as much blockade damage as 5 Battleships?

In terms of blockade damage, yes.

Also, it technically works that way for taxation as well, they are the same, when you look at the pop abstraction that's used. Each pop is a homogeneous aggregate of people in a province. The pops (not individual people) earn and pay tax, and buy needs, so taxing 10% of a pop at 30% is the same as taxing the whole pop 3%, because they all share income.

...So one commercial raider do just as much blockade damage as 5 Battleships?

I would have thought so, I have seen the AI blockade my ports with just two ships and, believe me, it does make a difference to my war score... for the worse!