• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

glaivemaster

Captain
68 Badges
Apr 4, 2013
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
Should claim fabrication be more reliable? I get that we don't want everyone having claims on everything surrounding them, a la EU4, but the randomness involved in "do I get my claim on day 1 or year 100?" can be incredibly annoying if you're in the latter boat. Obviously, there are other ways to get claims, but especially in smaller nations and nearer the beginning of the game the ability to get useful claims is very swingy.

Perhaps a system could work like EU4, taking a long time and giving negative penalties of some sort if you're discovered, with more likelihood of being discovered and longer fabrication times for low diplomacy chancellors. In this scenario, it might be better to give a weak claim rather than a strong one, so that claims are not so powerful, but you're encouraged more to find 'claims' on weak looking neighbours, and you're not stuck sitting on your hands while waiting for a diplo 8 character to fabricate a claim (or a diplo 18 one just failing for years on end because of the RNG)

Obviously, this is less of an issue if there's more to do during peace time, which is the preferable option. It's not so bad sitting at peace for years if you've got something to do.

Generally a higher skill chancellor will get claims more rapidly. See if you can attract someone with 27 or higher Dip skill and see if that helps.

I wouldn't want the EU4 version of it ("My liege, I am 43.7% finished with the fabrication!) but would really like some sort of information on how long I have to wait. Same goes for converting provinces. Is it "just started", "proceeding slowly", "half-done", "almost finished", or "any day now"?

Generally a higher skill chancellor will get claims more rapidly. See if you can attract someone with 27 or higher Dip skill and see if that helps.

As far as i know, it actually caps out pretty early. The max chance of fabricating claims is 19.38% (in the game tooltip, i can't be bothered with MTTH', I think the 'max' diplomacy registered is 15 or 16. So despite having a 27 diplomacy chancellor, it won't help at all; he's going to be fabricating as fast as your 15 diplomacy sod. :cool:

Pretty ridiculous that it doesnt scale. I made it scale to diplomacy by modding the files though, felt like there should be an incentive for getting the best talents in the world to your court. Its in your CK2 folder, 'events' > 'job_chancellor'.

As far as i know, it actually caps out pretty early. The max chance of fabricating claims is 19.38% (in the game tooltip, i can't be bothered with MTTH', I think the 'max' diplomacy registered is 15 or 16. So despite having a 27 diplomacy chancellor, it won't help at all; he's going to be fabricating as fast as your 15 diplomacy sod. :cool:

Pretty ridiculous that it doesnt scale. I made it scale to diplomacy by modding the files though, felt like there should be an incentive for getting the best talents in the world to your court. Its in your CK2 folder, 'events' > 'job_chancellor'.

No shit. :(

Another thing to consider is that your chancellor can be bribed to stay idle for 1 year after accepting the bribe.

So, you are saying: I send my chancellor off to fabricate a claim, the AI can bribe my chancellor, and make him sit idle or one year!? How come I never get the option to bribe the AI's chancellors when they come to fabricate claims?

More reliable would be nice, yes. It doesn't need to be a progress bar like EUIV, but just something less... dull. Ditto for proselytising.

So, you are saying: I send my chancellor off to fabricate a claim, the AI can bribe my chancellor, and make him sit idle or one year!? How come I never get the option to bribe the AI's chancellors when they come to fabricate claims?

You do have that option, but only when you discover the AI's chancellors through a random event. It gives you the option to bribe the chancellor, (possibly) assassinate him, or just sit and wait. The AI gets this event, too; it's how it's able to bribe your chancellor.

I wouldn't want the EU4 version of it ("My liege, I am 43.7% finished with the fabrication!) but would really like some sort of information on how long I have to wait. Same goes for converting provinces. Is it "just started", "proceeding slowly", "half-done", "almost finished", or "any day now"?

How about, instead of simply an ending decision, a chain of events including three popups with options for decision-making? And at least one event oper half a year?
It could include things such as the chancellor asking for money to fund his covert mission (for bearing gifts as a guest); or e.g. asking for gold and your support in an attempt to bribe the chief archivist to let him into the records room, or a library. Perhaps a way to go with the local church, and the bishop procuring a falsified document for the diplomat...