• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

San_Felipe

Capitán general
89 Badges
Feb 6, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
SDZ MODERN DAY SCENARIO Mod update version 3 for DH v1.03 -

Here's the latest version of MDS:https://mega.co.nz/#!yYAQ3Q5J!GZRu9wAbslHEOdSRmrLfyYo6y--JvuEzmFBI_mbfBVk

Below are screen shots of what to expect from the up and coming new version of the mod.

mwtwg2.png

1695gyo.png

fe2iy9.png

2yyb75t.png

2ibyhir.png

xcvwqs.png

2ljs2th.png

2d27w37.png

dzdrhd.png

2eph577.png

1z32u12.png

2k57o8.png

ur66h.png

Simply download and unzip this file to your mods folder located within your Darkest Hour main directory. There's no need to overwrite anything!!!

If you experience any trouble, then please do not hesitate to ask on this thread for help or assistance.

Hope everyone will enjoy this mod, courtesy of our team and to everyone who pitched in to help. Hopefully you'l all like the music I picked. :)

Credits go out

Credits to Nova (Creator of MDS) and everyone who pitched into this awesome mod.
Credits to ModDayScenario2's for uploading his MDS version,
Credits to Timur Khan for uploading his MDS version,
Credits to DreadGrunt for his MDS version which helped fix Tech Teams for both above mod versions,
Credits to CocoBZ for his colour scheme.
Credits to San Felipe for helping to make this mod available for all to use again, for adding new ministers, music and fixing Togo.

P.S. Don't hesitate to PM me if you're having any trouble.

Attachments

• 14306214786_b5eb9ff2f7_b.jpg
    14306214786_b5eb9ff2f7_b.jpg
    255,9 KB · Views: 1.980
Last edited:
Reactions:
I gave tommoxxxxx (where x = a number) the link for novapaddysMDSworking, which is the last working version of the mod. This was because he wanted to continue to work on it. If you have mds 3.1, then that is the old version and old hat compared to the new version. I'm not at home, but I'll post the link here later, when I get home.

I'd just hate to see you playing the old version, when you could play the new.

I withdrew the mod because I was seriously pissed off, but unlike others on this forum, for me it passes with time. Cheers

Hi Nova, Great of you to stop by and leave a post.

Yes, I've been sooooooooooo frustrated with trying to find your awesome mod since the links are either broken, lead to empty or non-existing pages/incompatible versions of your mod for DH 1.03.:sad: I know there are plenty of other mods on this forum with regards to Darkest Hour. However, there hasn't "BEEN" a mod like your which covers the modern era and I think right now with all that is going on in the world, the mod which I think would apply most is yours.;)

Anyway, I'm very excited that you have decided to leave a comment on this thread. I'd love to play the latest version of your mod, hopefully it won't crash when loading up the game or selecting a country to play with and all the units have their proper and respective sprites, gfx in order. That's the trouble I've had trying to play all the other mods I downloaded, with exception to the one I uploaded on mega to share with people. Right now the only problem I seem to be having with the current MDS mod I'm playing is the GFX of the units and sprites. I have infantry unit pictures for UK for example that look post colonial. I would have preferred to dl a copy of MDS with all the correct GFX and unit sprites in place.

Another slight issue I have regards the how the Philippines and its ministers are presented. I'd love it if you could give the Philippines on your mod a Flag displayed on the top left of the screen along with an individual background pics of its own like DPRK, JAPAN, USA, UK etc. I don't know if you are updated with what is going on in South East Asia, but the Philippines, China are in a spat over islands that clearly lie within the Philippines own border and are just stupidly too far from the Chinese coast. There's been a row over this issue between China and its S.E. Asian neighbours. However, I think its appropriate to properly represent the Philippines as a major player on MDS since it is the only country I believe that is arguing over the issue; all the rest are too scared to face the music. Its not the strongest in military comparison to its neighbors, but its bearing most of the brunt China is throwing at it. Plus if further hostilities break out, then I fear that it will be one of the first on China's own hit list. :cool:

I look forward to your reply and a link to the latest and proper MDS DH 1.03 compatible version of this great mod. :rolleyes:

P.S. Nova, can you please look look into the mod I uploaded on MEGA and see for yourself what I mean.

Last edited:
@San_Felipe:

Please find the link to the latest and last version of novapaddysMDSworking here: https://mega.co.nz/#!qgxlGYIB!Ll1ngMYp7CRE5P1smI8vLe6-M49yyOsQeYquAqcS1eE

I don't have a flag (skin) for the philippines, but any Darkest Hour or HoI2 skin will suit. I did do some events for the Spratly Islands bust up with China, but I may have disabled those events.

That mod is a working version only, so not everything works as it should. It contains the sprites afaik?

Cheers

@ ModDayScenario2:

Thanks, I'll give this a go. If it doesn't work, then I'll stick to what I have. May not be perfect, but at least what I uploaded works; hope this one does too.

Cheers!

If anyone's interested I have the version ported from HoI2, fully working and from what I can tell it has no bugs. I'm not sure if it's the version Felipe uploaded but if anyone wants it I could upload it somewhere.

@ Timur Khan - If its okay with you, can you please place the link to your upload on here.

@ gord96 - I'll get on it and let you know how it works out.

@ TeoWolf - Nope, the link I provided at the top of this thread is a fully workable MDS mod, compatible for Darkest Hour 1.03 . The GFX on the copy I uploaded aren't perfect since I had to get the GFX units folder from another version of MDS. However, it all works and all you have to do is copy and paste into your mods folder located inside DH.

@ everyone interested or has a copy they wish to upload - I would like everyone who has a decent or latest workable copy of MDS DH 1.03 mod to place the link to your uploaded mod inside this thread for the time being. This is because the official thread to Modern Day Scenario is already very cluttered, containing many pages that are very confusing. Plus, the links within that thread lead almost to nowhere, due either to broken links, non existing web pages and incompatible MDS mod versions. "ONLY" links to MDS mod versions compatible with DH 1.03 are allowed to be posted here please. :cool:

Hey man, thanks for uploading it, but I can't help but notice that everyone of you uploaded in that mega website. For some unknown reason, I can't download anything from this site. I have tried Opera (couldn't even visit the site) and Mozilla (download was stuck). Any chance to upload it somewhere else or any tip in troubleshooting?

Hey man, thanks for uploading it, but I can't help but notice that everyone of you uploaded in that mega website. For some unknown reason, I can't download anything from this site. I have tried Opera (couldn't even visit the site) and Mozilla (download was stuck). Any chance to upload it somewhere else or any tip in troubleshooting?

Hey TeoWolf, what browser are you using? I know mega.co didn't work for me when I used IE but now that I use Google Chrome it works fine.

@ TeoWolf - No worries. What site have you had success with downloading? If you let me know, then I can try and upload it there. ;)

@ Audience - OK, I've just tested out ModDayScenario2's upload. It works great, very fast loading and a lot of the GFX issues I was having seem to have been fixed on his version here:https://mega.co.nz/#!qgxlGYIB!Ll1ngMYp7CRE5P1smI8vLe6-M49yyOsQeYquAqcS1eE

I'm yet to finish downloading and testing the other two. I don't want to be a brag, but having pretty much exhausted all the other links on the official thread of MDS and any other upload I got from dead links, I feel that I've got a pretty good idea of examining and seeing differences between all the mods everyone here will uploaded.

I will be back soon after I've downloaded from the new links provided. I'm pretty confident that my analysis will meet all our standards, I hope I can provide at the end of all this one sole recommendation of the Modern Day Scenario compatible for Darkest Hour v1.03. So anyone who wants to play this great Mod will only have to download "ONE" version. I'll be back. :cool:

Last edited: