• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HiCalCon

Private
40 Badges
Jul 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Vikings
  • Cities: Skylines
I would like honorary titles to appear in a character's main name, replacing his main title. Such as Kardarigan (Black Hawk) instead of Shahzade (Prince).

How do I do this? Or is it too much of a mess of hardcoding? Or does it occur anywhere else in the game? The only place I could think of that would have it is the Byzantines with their Caesar and Despot and whatever. Does it happen there? Haven't checked.

Anyway, yeah. How?

Very easy. Add show_as_title = yes to the minor title you want in the name. If you want it to be higher priority than other minor titles (for example: prince) you need to add dignity = X. Where X = higher than any other dignity in minor titles.

The dignity could be major of a landed title? For example the Margrave of Brandenburg used the title of "Elector" as his primary title and not Margrave (indeed unofficially the State became known as "The Electorate of Brandenburg", too) and the Duke of Saxony was Elector not Duke... too.
Only when they became King they start to use this as a secondary title, so reformulating the question a honorary title could be above the title of Duke but not at the same level of King?

Interesting by the way how much is moddable, right?

The dignity could be major of a landed title? For example the Margrave of Brandenburg used the title of "Elector" as his primary title and not Margrave (indeed unofficially the State became known as "The Electorate of Brandenburg", too) and the Duke of Saxony was Elector not Duke... too.
Only when they became King they start to use this as a secondary title, so reformulating the question a honorary title could be above the title of Duke but not at the same level of King?

Interesting by the way how much is moddable, right?

Correct, dignity is used in landed as well. I was going to tell you about that when I PM'ed later about that other thread.

I did these things and it works, but now it appears my honorary titles have doubled. Not even as in the amount grantable is doubled, but rather they all appear twice in the 'grant honorary title' menu.

I changed the dignity of the titles I wanted to 1, and added show_as_title = yes. I theorize it might have something to do with how I placed the blank spaces in the file... I will experiment.

I did these things and it works, but now it appears my honorary titles have doubled. Not even as in the amount grantable is doubled, but rather they all appear twice in the 'grant honorary title' menu.

I changed the dignity of the titles I wanted to 1, and added show_as_title = yes. I theorize it might have something to do with how I placed the blank spaces in the file... I will experiment.

Sorry I missed your post. If they appear twice it sounds like a duplication was made somewhere. Perhaps a copy-paste error? Changing the show_as_title and dignity wouldn't cause it.

This thread belongs in the modding sub-forum...

Two reasons why this would happen. The most obvious would be that you've copy-pasted duplicate entries... which I doubt. The more likely reason is that you've renamed the file to something different from the default "\minor_titles\00_minor_titles.txt" but kept all of the old entries as well. You should either use the same exact "\minor_titles\00_minor_titles.txt" (so that this mod file replaces the vanilla one) or ONLY include new title entries in the new file .

I theorize it might have something to do with how I placed the blank spaces in the file... I will experiment.
Unlikely.

The more likely reason is that you've renamed the file to something different from the default "\minor_titles\00_minor_titles.txt" but kept all of the old entries as well. You should either use the same exact "\minor_titles\00_minor_titles.txt" (so that this mod file replaces the vanilla one) or ONLY include new title entries in the new file .

I had backed up the original file and forgotten to move it out of the folder. Thanks!

May I just say, after over 1,500 hours in Crusader Kings, thank you? I never knew this was possible. This is an incredible RP tool for those of us who add our own minor titles! Thank you so much!

May I just say, after over 1,500 hours in Crusader Kings, thank you? I never knew this was possible. This is an incredible RP tool for those of us who add our own minor titles! Thank you so much!

Your welcome! I too am a huge RP fan in this game and employ this method A LOT in my overhaul mod.

This is my first attempt at modifying CK2 and I'm having a good time so far. I'm screwing around a little bit and decided to add an honorary title called "Hirbad" for Zoroastrians. How do I make it so I can only assign it to priests? I tried changing "is_feudal" to no in the allow section but that didn't seem to work... Forgive me if this question is too basic, like I said, this is literally my first time!

Edit: So the FROM section determines the conditions for being able to grant it.. Perhaps I should move the is_feudal out of the FROM section and into the allow section.

Edit 2: Just realized the default priest title is actually Herbad. I'll think of something snazzier.

Edit 3: Oh and I got it to work, like a charm. This is fun.

Last edited: