Teleglitch Introduces New Ways to Die in Free Update (Patch 9.3)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Survive the Horror of Arena Mode, and Also Survive the Reduced Prices in Steam Sale

STOCKHOLM — May 21, 2014 — Paradox Interactive today announced a free content update for Teleglitch: Die More Edition, the critically acclaimed survival-horror roguelike action game from developer T3P. In addition to interface improvements and bug-fixes, the new patch introduces Arena Mode, a brand new challenge for seasoned veterans of Teleglitch.

Players who are not owners of Teleglitch: Die More Edition have the opportunity to fix that problem today thanks to a 66% discount on Steam until May 27th.

Divided into four ‘chapters’ of challenges, Arena Mode thrusts players into the middle of overwhelming enemy hordes with predetermined weapon loadouts, challenging them to kill every deadly creature in their path – or simply survive for a set amount of time. The full patch notes are available on the Steam hub.

The new update is available free of charge to all owners of Teleglitch: Die More Edition.

Thank you soooo much for the latest updates.

I fell of the game hard after the Die More edition was released on Steam because the new difficulty setting drained everything that was fun for me out ot the game because it became mostly about gaming the AI and the level for maximum efficency, which at least for me isn't any fun at all. I was one of the people who some months ago asked if it would not be possible to add a 'classic' difficulty level for us players who were in it more for the atmosphere and exploration.

After having heard that you rebalanced the difficulty level and the way items are spawened it took me a while to find the impulse to play the game again but obviously work was being still put in Teleglitch which once was among my favourite game. I am absolutely delighted with how it has come out. I actually reached level with more than 0 bullets and actually got to enjoy one of the new levels for the first time since its introduction.

Oh and the AI tweaks are also great. The way the AI works now makes the game tense is always good for a few (un)pleasant surprises without it devolving into the earlier Benny Hill kiting train with RDX500 punchlines at the end of earlier version.

I am incredibly greatful for these changes and I know quite a few people who will be too, some who were fans of old like me and others who bounced off after trying the steam version.

All that said I hope that the random starting gear tweak and possibly other options are still there to please the Die More edition fans as I see no reason why we can't happily co-exist together.

I am impressed by all the work and love you have poured into this game.

P.S. After getting back into the game and finding my long lost love for it again I had time to think about it a bit more and I noticed especially comparing with some of the tips of advanced players that the 9mm gun is basically my 'knife' I use it for pretty much every monster I encounter until level 3 or four leaving all other weapons for especially sticky situations or troublesome monsters.
The same goes for the nail gun later which becomes the secondary 9mm. I never use the knife attack unless I have run out of all other options. I'm not sure why this is but the way it works makes me really loath to use it.
Also the 9mm does give me a bit more of tactical space when facing off against stronger monsters and hordes which makes it more rewarding to use compared to the knife. Making ammo more plentyful for it (and has the damage increased again?) makes it a great base level weapon making it very useful for a long time as it allows to conserve the scarce ammo of the better weapons, requires some skill to use well and can be used for spacing and delaying attackers. Making it useful again really helps the game in my opinion.

I also had just a run where third of the rooms I encountered where empty, which was great for added tension and suspense because I always suspected a trap or was worried that sooner or later I'd get killed by a mutant just because I let my guard down.

Last edited: