• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Day five of European Parliamentary elections

This vile populist from the Balkans tried to stage comeback and hoped for crowds to greet him as the Lion of Balkans. However, once his airplane landed in Brussels he got quite the nasty shock.

64730880-slobodan-milosevic_zps03bbe73d.jpg

He was promptly shipped off to Hague for war crimes tribunal. It’s disgrace how a dirty populist like Slobodan Milošević (THE_SPLIT) could even have entered the ballot but now the mistake is corrected and European democracy defended.

Game ends in goodie victory

[video=youtube;Jo_-KoBiBG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_-KoBiBG0[/video]​

Winners:

Lars Løkke (Wagonlitz), normal politician

Lars_Loslashkke_zps0deeb6b5.jpg

With the populist threat vanquished he can be assured the money for new suits will flow freely.

Naut Nautilu (Hax), normal politician

russian_cook_zps0d0b815d.jpg

With the good relations guaranteed between Russian Empire and European Union he can be sure gas- and oil money will keep flowing allowing him to cook various vodka-based foods in the future.

Kaiserin Angelma Merkel (GreatUberGeek), normal politician

Angela_Merkel_2008_zpsa83cb620.jpg

Der Kaiserin (and yes, it’s as gender-neutral as Angela Merkel will go) will continue dominating Mittel-Europa, just according to the old German plans of 1910s…

Victor Degiovanni (madchemist), head Maltese communist party and the investigative journalist.

head_of_maltese_communist_party_zps403a2f96.jpg

Being the head of Maltese Communist party was merely a brilliant cover. Under such obvious disguise nobody would have guessed that he was in secret working for the European Union directive of freedom of information – in other words project to find out the populists who threaten the status quo of current political establishment. Being a good communist was merely a bonus for this assignment, a fact corroborated to him by the current president of European Commission and ”formerly” ardent Maoist.

And with such jubilant results the progress, humanity and European Union will march onwards towards the bright future where no populists will ever disturb the peace of mind of the politicians!

Sometimes the most fun times you have in werewolf is when you're an outed baddie and you're trying to convince people otherwise. In such a scenario you have nothing to lose, can do whatever the hell you want, and anything other than getting lynched that day is an achievement.

My attempt at doing that a few months ago got the leader rules changed. Not quite the right reasons, but it was entertaining all the same.

Day one final vote count

leksu: 3
Ithvan [147 EUROO7 -> 181 Hax -> 208 Sleepyhead -> 223]
Arkasas [152 EUROO7 -> 226]
madchemist [122 EUROO7 -> 161 Wagonlitz -> 215 alxeu -> 229]

Ithvan: 3
leksu [142]
Nautilu [148]
tonkatoy5 [140 marty99 -> 184]

alxeu: 3
GreatUberGeek [128]
THE_SPLIT [123 marty99 -> 221]
marty99 [125 Wagonlitz -> 169 Hax -> 216 Sleepyhead -> 217 alxeu -> 224 Ithvan -> 236]

marty99: 2
oyoyoy [135]
Hax [153 marty99 -> 162 Ithvan -> 173 Hax -> 188 unvote -> 198]

EUROO7: 1
Wagonlitz [156]

Nautilu: 1
alxeu [124]

madchemist: 1
Sleepyhead [151]

Hax: 1
aedan777 [154]

not voted: 1
EUROO7 [130 madchemist -> 144 marty99 -> 160 Ithvan -> 168 Hax -> 218 alxeu -> 227 leksu -> 247 unvote]

Thanks Hax, that'll really help with the rest of my analysis. :p

Luckily Mr. Farage survived the crash but he is in hospital care at the moment. Eyewitnesses report that he was shaken, not stirred, and apparently had a nervous breakdown. In any case it’s clear that Nigel Farage (marty99), normal politician, will have to give up politics after the incident.

The Farage has been barraged.

I sacrificed myself to draw out the wolves, the same way Nigel will sacrifice himself to...yes.

Not sure if he'd get the epithet "normal politician", though. ;)

Oh, I just noticed, in the RP updates, I was the only one to 'die'. Clearly the conspiracy against me is deeper than I thought.

Call Today

Vet Pussy Syndrome is affecting our veterans.

VPS is the debilitating condition that causes cowardice, aversion to good play, and a general feeling of inadequacy in the face of superior adversaries.

It breaks our hearts to see any vet fall victim to VPS.

But with your help, we can vote for the cure.

By donating just fifty cents a day, you can help us fight VPS until it is nothing more than a bitter memory.

Vote for The Cure

Vet Pussy Syndrome is real. The Cure must also be.

Anyone want to GM next? I really really want to play again. I'm starting to finally get back into the form I was in back in early '10. And since I was fifteen then I'd hope I can improve a little bit more than that. :p

Oh, I just noticed, in the RP updates, I was the only one to 'die'. Clearly the conspiracy against me is deeper than I thought.

European politics is clean business, eh? :D

It's already over? Time's been passing by so quickly...

Well, I was planning on starting the next one, however I'd also like a chance to play. I think I'll give it a day and then if no one has started a new one I'll get to it.

I won't GM next one but I'd like to play. *wink wink*

Anyone want to GM next? I really really want to play again. I'm starting to finally get back into the form I was in back in early '10. And since I was fifteen then I'd hope I can improve a little bit more than that. :p

Not a chance, old age has struck. Twilight is upon you and soon the night must fall...

I sacrificed myself to draw out the wolves, the same way Nigel will sacrifice himself to...yes.

I posted that without having read all of page 26 and 27. Sucks for you, marty.

But well done, village!

Democracy once
More reigns supreme in Europe.
Rejoice, oh rejoice!

Well done, especially the seer. A most brilliant performance, considering that first three-way tie...

Nah, I got lucky. All my scans on even-numbered nights happened to hit wolves, and my JL member never got hunted, so I could always safely out each one. My first win, though, so that's nice.

I volunteer to GM game after next. And annoy Euro in the process!

Still, congratulations to the goodies. After the disastrous first day I thought it would go to wolves. And thanks all for playing, though once again activity could be higher. And the RP was nice as always on those who bothered to do it.

edit: when looking for Ode to Joy I came across this:

[video=youtube;xBlQZyTF_LY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBlQZyTF_LY[/video]

Jeez, the amount of performers...

I volunteer to GM game after next. And annoy Euro in the process!

You can't annoy me, Ark. You're not incompetent enough.

Lars Løkke (Wagonlitz), normal politician

Lars_Loslashkke_zps0deeb6b5.jpg

With the populist threat vanquished he can be assured the money for new suits will flow freely.
The funny thing is that the scandal of Venstre buying him suits for 20.000€ and giving him and his family free vacations actually netted the worst result since 1989 and probably was a huge contributing factor in giving DF(extreme right) 26.6% of the votes. This scandal is not the only one concerning Løkke though. In the fall it was discovered that he as chairman for the climate organisation GGGI had flown first class for something like 110.000€ and there is an even older case where among other things he didn't properly hand in how much he as a politician had taken a taxi---on the taxpayers bill. Now a member of the main board of Venstre has called for his resignation.