[Linux] Crash in Cities in Motion with Paris map

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

julek91

Recruit
4 Badges
May 17, 2014
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi,

I've remarked a crash with Cities in Motion on Paris map, when using it in SandBox mode.

Reproducibility : always
How to reproduce :
DO : open Paris Map
DO : go to the south west of the map, around Avenue des Champs Elysées and Avenue Kleber
EXPECT : the map is displayed
ACTUAL : game crash

My system :
AMD Phenom x4 9850
Kubuntu 14.04 LTS AMD64
8 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 660 Ti w/ NVidia binary driver 331.38-0ubuntu7 installed

Could you fix it please ?

Thx

This sounds like a bug that was previously discussed on this thread. Unfortunately, CO was not able to correct it:

Hi, we were unfortunately unable to reproduce this bug and while it seems to happen for some of you, I hope you'll forgive us for this glitch in the map. I'm afraid we will not be fixing this issue.

Hi,

I just got to the Paris scenario, and discovered the same problem as julek91 reported.
Exactly the same situation, right after a clear start, no changes have been made yet whatsoever, just have clicked to the same west part of the city and crashed to the desktop.

My system:
- Arch Linux (with all latest updates)
- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz
- 3GB RAM
- [AMD/ATI] Turks XT [Radeon HD 6670/7670]

This sounds like a bug that was previously discussed on this thread. Unfortunately, CO was not able to correct it:
@Steve, I can't open that thread URL being blocked for some unknown reason, but the people who pay for the product should get a correction of such bug. There are already several people reporting this problem, so there must be a way the developer can reproduce the problem.

That thread is in Tech Support. Your game needs to be registered to access it. But there's really not much there. Oddly it only happens to some people and it didn't happen for the devs, so they couldn't correct it. I seem to remember that the work around in the campaign was not to place the bus stop directly in front of the library. I tried to find that thread but couldn't remember where I saw it, but it worked for me.