[Forum Game] Master of the Galaxy: Into the Darkness

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SMRT.jpg

The Bevoo'i Robotics Company​

Polity Name: Bevoo'i Robotics Company (BRC)

Government System: Transgalactic Arms Corporation

Leader: The Board of Trustees, headed by CEO Illidan G'y and COO Pstha ranKyo Hompf

R. Positive Traits:
1 - Corporation: A fluid and resilient economic engine that can pick up shop and move anywhere if need be
2 - Flexible: Easily able to work anywhere with anyone in order to make money
3 - Welcoming: Any and all species willing to work for the BRC can
4 - Efficient: BRC is good at it's job, both making money and making goods

R. Negative Traits:
1 - Greedy: Easily manipulated by the offer of money, benefits, and gifts
2 - Cowards: Preferring to use hired mercenaries or warbots, actual company employees shy from fighting in all ways
3 - Factional Leadership: The Board of Trustees is constantly trying to be in control of the company and the positions of CEO and COO, many different factions within the company
4 - Duplicitous: Willing to do anything and everything to raise profits

Species description: Founded by the Entethans approximately 300 years ago, the Bevoo'i Robotic Company welcomes any and all species of the capitalist spirit. Though the COO is of Entethan origin, there is no special privilege to any one particular species. All are open to be used like pawns by the Board of Trustees.

436436.jpg

Station #1 - The Rock

Home world description: A massive, sprawling facility built by the increasingly exploited gas planet of Arootha, Station #1, nicknamed The Rock, is the corporate headquarters to the company. Some of the lower employees superstitiously state that The Rock never stops expanding, and that no individual has been in the entirety of the space station in over 100 years. It is the centre of all communications, plans and paperwork for the entire company.

History: Created by Ptoff ranHyo Bevoo'i 300 years ago, it was created to fill a gap in robotics manufacturing that the Entethans found on the Gyookk homeworld of Gyakk. Dominating the Gyookk markets, the company then began to spread across the local systems, gathering riches and size beyond Bevoo'is' wildest dreams. Since then it has been continually expanding.

Posts of Interest:

BRC Board of Directors, Politics

Last edited:
((Alright, I asked him and he said that stuff will be posted today.))

The Nocoii Covenant

Government: Theocracy, with Prophets serving until death as absolute dictators. After their death, the clergy appoint another using religious rites.

Positive attributes:

- Fervour: The Nocoii are an extremely devout race, with every fiber of their being ingrained with religious morals since birth.
- Educated: All Nocoii people undergo extensive educational trials, with compulsory teaching well into adulthood, with subsequent lessons for any chosen profession, especially the clergy.
- Long-living: The Nocoii race has an incredible natural lifespan, with the average age being a several centuries of age, with the record being 933 years.
- Disciplined: In a culmination of personal restraint and a natural stoic temperament, the Nocoii have created an emphasis in quality over quantity, rubbing off in the limited martial affairs and everyday society.

Suggested Negative attribute(s)

- Religious Intolerance: Although the Nocoii welcome any race of true believers as family, anyone not within their strict moral code is regarded as damned and inferior in all ways.
- Repression: The Nocoii society is a very reserved and monitored structure, with Inquisitions commonplace for heretics.
- Technophobia: Despite the Nocoii accepting the evil which is technology, they hold great distaste for it still, with an increasing hate dependent of the advancement of the technology in question, with AIs being seen as blasphemy.
- Frail: Nocoii make poor soldiers in terms of pure physical stature and would find themselves easily crushed when faced with a proper warrior.

Species Appearance
AOTCtikkes.jpg

The Nocoii people are a humanoid race in stance, with distinct differences abound. Most stand around six feet and five inches tall, a quite tall people, with pale orange skin. Their skin is leathery to the touch, and relatively slimy in appearance. The largest noticeable features of a Nocoii are their three fingers, squid-like heads, and face tendrils, relics from their aquatic days.

Mythos​

In Nocoii history, it was said the sea was their birthplace, apparent from their aquatic appearance. Before their ascension to the land, they were an animalistic and savage race, giving in the temptations of temporal sin. That changed from the divine intervention of Noco, their God from which they derive their name. The tribal chieftains of the entire Nocoii race received clear instructions from above, sent in the form of visions, to unify and create a singular entity, on the surface noless. Thus, the Covenant was formed.

Those chieftains who obeyed the word of Noco became the first members of the clergy, appointing the most devout of the bunch as the official Prophet and leader of both the newly formed nation and religious matters. From there, the clergy caste was born, quickly becoming the most revered, educated, and powerful section of society. The notion of nobility was never recognized, and hereditary leadership was a laughable subject.

The current government consists of a Council of Clergy as the main legislative body, with Prophet Nidhogg I reigning for nearly three-hundred years. The Inquisition acts as a military, secret service, and police force, enforcing the will of God in all fashions.

Planet

The medium-sized fourth planet from the sun, Nocolys, the Nocoii homeworld, although mainly referenced as simply home, is officially titled Fodested, or simply "Birth Place." It's distance from the sun provides a generally temperate, bordering on chilly, temperatures. This is amplified by the oceanic nature of Fodested, with cold winds trailing across the icy waters. Two large continents exist, connected by a nearly straight, as was artificially done, land bridge.

Fodested is primarily a world of minerals, with stone extremely common, and little farmland. This has typically contributed to a lack of agrarian lifestyles, and a focus on hunting and fishing. Animal life is abundant but undiverse, as the Nocoii have simply breed the best possible source of meat and fish, that of a fat pig-like animal and gigantic, yet docile fish.

GM message: Everything is up, Orders due Friday 20th noon EST. Dont forget to get them in!. (this will serve as to check who is in game and who is not returning too.) Noco and tapps stats will be up tomorrow, now Start ICing, it give bonuses and keep games alive!!

I would likke it if we had access to a map of some sorts before continuing with the orders.

I would likke it if we had access to a map of some sorts before continuing with the orders.
((Maps, locations and stats are in the second and thrid post on the first page XD))

Nocyls rose high in the sky as the bell tolled, signalling the midday church ceremony in every community. Hordes of Nocoii took to the streets, leaving work and home alike to attend. This was a jubilant affair, the people eager to relax in the words of Noco. Seats were taken, and service began, starting, as always, with prayer lead by the appropriate local clergy. Observant attendants would notice the absence of a few prominent men, the three senior clergymen of this community. Most knew the dark meaning.

The Grand Tribunal Hall stood nearly bare, it's thousand-so seats empty. In the center of the circular alignment of seating stood the platform, topped with an extremely fine and large table, hosting the only life in the otherwise dead chamber. The seated trio of men were adorned with religious attire, shuffling paper amongst one another until the hall doors opened, revealing the accused, flanked by two guardsmen. Dragging the bound man down the opulent, purple center carpet, the guardsmen remained emotionless, armoured in ceremonial metals over their silken robes. Once they reached the end, the bound man was violently forced unto his knees and instructed to respect the clergymen. The guards kneeled as their religious superiors arose.

Addressing the accused was the obviously elder of the three clergymen, with an impressive hat that towered over his colleagues. He was well-known as Archbishop Jovok, holding his high standing in the Church for nearly two-hundred years.

"Savlos Rurikon, son of Barton Rurikon, you have been accused of the following charges in order of severity: Slander, Sedition against the State, High Treason against Noco and State, and Blasphemy. How do you plead?"

The bound Savlos was obviously stunned in disbelief, and on the verge of tears. Almost as a whimper, he spoke, "Not Guilty. What is the meaning of these charges, if I may ask your Holinesses?"

The Archbishop motioned to the guards, who quickly marched back outside, returning with a group of people, treating them with care and guiding them into the chamber. Savlos was shocked to see his wife and two children, one eighty-five, the other a youngling of twenty. As they joined the scene, the clergy welcomed the family, asking them to join them upon the platform. The Archbishop requested the family repeat her story, the same story submitted to the Inquisition forces the day prior. With sadness, Savlos' wife recounted the story.

"Last night, Savlos, my once dear husband, confided to us certain beliefs..." The Archbishop blessed the upset woman and insisted she continued. "Last night, Savlos admitted his disbelief of the existence of Noco. He is a non-believer." The children confirmed her words.

Savlos paled, with eyes of shock over this betrayal from his very family. The Archbishop repeated the question, "How do you plead? Do you deny these proofs?" Defeated, Savlos had no choice, "I...plead guilty."

The clergy had deliberated merely seconds before passing the sentence. His punishment would be the standard for all godless heathens. The guards roughly grabbed Savlos, and carried him out of the Grand Hall before his presence could taint such a holy place.

Inquisition agents prepared the punishment, setting up in town square. Soon it smelled of oil and burnt flesh.

The shuttle looked and smelled rich. From the Hygonian furs that served as carpet to the fresh Ygyr salmonmen filets served for lunch all seemed perfectly good with COO Pstha ranKyo Hompf turning to his secretary Mars Vanderdyke.

"A bitch to get but always worth the price." The Entethan's facetecles wiggled happily as he ate another bite of the filet, "Truly is good, make a note Mars, that the salmonmen are to be kept in proto-sapience forever. Don't want them to catch an unwanted intelligence and delicious food becomes taboo eh?" The rotund alien leaned back as Mars scribbled notes into his note pad, an anachronism that took Homf's fancy and one of the reasons he kept Mars as his personal secretary.

"What is the status of our neighbours Mars?" Homf quickly said, hoping he could take Mars by surprise for once. But without a beat, or a look, Mars put up a portable screen with each polity in the Duo Galaxy.

"The Neurax Hives are a massive threat. They serve no purpose and should be eliminated immediately. Though apparently they are fairly tasty if their spines, legs and head are attached. So after their destruction, a high security farm could farm them as a delicacy. Current name we have are "Neuraxian Bits and Bites; So good they'll blow your mind", patent pending."

"The network is a no no as well. A bunch of ladido AIs that the crazy idea of independence, they cannot be dealt with. Evil little things. If we do end up killing them, their parts will make useful supplies for our factories."

"The Hrothmen are mercurial sons of bitches, however they may need of our arms industry. I doubt we need too, but they most likely could be bribed with industrial output, though it's not a permanent option. Honestly they're a bunch a crazy brutes."

"Next up are the Xin Li. I don't trust them and neither should you. They say they are willing to trade, but they are slimy in a way not even the Neuraxians are, and they live in pools of filth before mating with a human mind. Gah. Though I must say that it looks like they lack a robotic component which should serve us well."

"Cygni seems like an excellent market, with their reliance on cybernetics and fiber optic goods, we should make a killing there."

"Voogoonam will most likely be our primary competitor. Though they are some sort of Republic ... thing. We will see in time, there is no hurry. Indeed, we find a useful niche in which to take our advantage there."

"The Clones seem similar to the Cygni in the sense where they shall serve as an excellent market. But these guys give me the creeps. They have a stare that puts you off, and every single one of them have it. Creepy place, but a useful market."

"The Korsen Iavantar seem hostile much in the way of the Hrothmen, though instead of crazy these guys are fanatics. They are also close to us, which is unfortunate. Overall I recommend a distant approach and a careful watch on their politics. Never know whats going to pop up with theocracies.

"Finally the Commonwealth and the Dominion are in the realm of positive assumption. Not much is known, but it seems positive from here."

"Overall this entire system is a hell hole, my recommendation is abandon ship faster than a Ygovian pirate and head to the Unos Galaxy. Much safer there by comparison. By the way Pstha, I have all this written down and duplicated onto your personal data device incase you wish to revisit my estimations."

Homf gives a generous wave of his hand, dismissing Mars from the study. With the politics of the Board, he knew that to keep his job he'll need to develop some markets, and quick. Good thing he had Mars though, he made his life hella alot easier.

Last edited:
President Jargeth Tartegan entered the Cabinet room. He had only just recently been elected President of the United Colonial Governments, over the opposition of the Military's puppet party, the United Security Party (USP). While President Tartegan had been elected by the people, the USP still controlled the Colonial Assembly, meaning Altheria Regertian was the First Minister. First Minister Regertian had of course used her ability to appoint the Cabinet Ministers to appoint all Military supporters, and other hawks.
President Tartegan took his seat, and turned to the Minister of Xenocommunications, "Minister, what have you learned about the other governments inhabiting this galaxy?"
The Minister of Xenocommunications replied, "Well, there are several governments that might pose a problem, such as the Empire of Kronesia. They are an authoritarian monarchy, and seem to have expansionist intent. There is also rumors of an entire AI race that may pose a significant threat to this galaxy. I suggest we prepare for a possible war with this AI."
First Minister Regertian spoke up, "Is it possible that these might be The Destroyers of old?"
The Minister of Interstellar Intelligence responded, "My people highly doubt that. They seem to be a completely different AI force entirely."
President Tartegan sighed, "Regardless of if these are The Destroyers or not, it is important that we keep an eye on this AI," the rest of the cabinet nodded in approval, "are their any possible trade partners, or allies?"
The Minister of Xenocommunication spoke up, "My people believe we might be able to establish friendly relations with the the Federal Republic of the Baekdu. They seem to have just gone through some sort of revolution, and have formed a democratic government. They are not to far away, and could be possible allies."
President Tartegan nodded, "Minister, send your best men to establish contact with these Baekdu. Meanwhile, we will continue with the execution of the Colonial Expansion Act. We need to expand to make up for our losses in the Civil War, and to afford a military capable of protecting us from this AI. This meeting is adjourned." The cabinet slowly trickled out.

Report from the General Staff
The Pinnacle, Hongdae District, Neo Seoul
28 Brumaire, An. 20

eYCv6lc.jpg

The Pinnacle, the unified command center for the Republican Navy and National Revolutionary Army

PRESENT:
Son Danbi, Consul of the Republic
Field Marshal Yi Kyunghun, Baekdu Command
Admiral MacArthur Albert, 1st Fleet
General Park Minjung, Colonial Command
Overseer-General Lee Jaesang, Federal Intelligence Service

Consul SON:

Citizens, it is clear to me that the Unos Galaxy is a dangerous place. Though our Revolution has survived for twenty years on our own worlds, the other polities in the Galaxy are expanding. Many of them fear us, for they know that democracy would bring their tyrannical rule to an end. As Citizen Lee Hyori said, "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." As our Republic is nearly surrounded by autocratic empires and enemies of democracy, it is obvious that spreading the Revolution is a matter of national security. How this is done is, of course, up for debate. That is why I have called us here today. We must take inventory of the other powers in the Galaxy and formulate a strategy. Citizen MacArthur will first brief us on his contacts with our immediate neighbors.

icjdvp7.jpg

Portrait of MacArthur Albert, highest-ranking officer of the Republican Navy and the only Mercian member of the General Staff
Grand Admiral MACARTHUR:

Thank you, Citizen Son. Our two closest neighbors respectively represent our greatest opportunity and our greatest threat. The latter is a corpocratic polity known as the Kelmar Union. They will likely be open to trade if we so wish...

Overseer-General LEE:

We will not associate with corpocratic scum! That would be a betrayal of the Revolution!

Consul SON:

Decorum, General. Citizen MacArthur is a loyal officer. Continue, Admiral.

Grand Admiral MACARTHUR:

Thank you. As I was saying, while we could likely trade with them if we so chose, it is clear that we have a responsibility to free other polities from corpocracy and autocracy and prevent the spread of reactionary influence. While we do need other sources of income, we also must remain true to our Republican values. Regardless of the course of action we decide on, it would be wise to keep a close eye on the Kelmar Union. We cannot afford to allow them to fall into the orbit of another major power, regardless of what actions we take.

On the other hand, the United Colonial Governments lie to our galactic west. They are a democratic republic, though their government is far less united than our own; they are recovering from a civil war that ravaged their people. Regardless, they are our natural allies, and we will have to band together if we have any hope of protecting democracy from the forces that would seek to destroy it. Despite their extreme distance from us, it would be wise to seek them out as soon as possible.

Such forces are represented by the last of our close neighbors: the Empire of Kronesia. Their state is ruled by a Daegun with absolute power, a tinpot tyrant who styles himself "Emperor Tercian" like the Xin Li. I have heard rumors of the atrocities this dictator commits, but for now, they are just that: rumors. We must watch them carefully.

Consul SON:

Thank you, Admiral. We will now hear from General Park. She will provide us with a summary of the other polities we have heard of but have made no contact with.

mq5LCF3.jpg

Park Minjung, commander of colonial NRA forces​

General PARK:

Thank you, Citizen Son. Our immediate neighbors to the north are an aloof race called the Adrallan Oligarchy. They have a somewhat peculiar system of government; the upper classes of citizens can vote, but the others cannot. They are essentially corpocrats, but the fact that they have no shareholders and extend their franchise based on merit may mean that they might one day be open to the introduction of greater democracy. It would be unwise to dismiss them out of hand, especially due to their powerful military. The galactic north contains some kind of commune populated exclusively by artificial intelligences, the seemingly isolationist Euterian Empire, and the People's Republic of Karastan, which appears to be a Syndicalist state. Of the three, the Syndicalists at least seem to understand republican values, if not practice them the same way we do, and thus may be valuable allies; either way, it is my estimation that we ought to steer clear of this area at first. The galactic West, besides the UCG, contains two semi-democratic states and a corpocracy. We are likely not yet in a position to be able to interfere with this area's politics as yet.

Consul SON:

Much appreciated, General. I suppose that shall be it for the time being. We shall reconvene after lunch. You are dismissed.

END TRANSMISSION

Rympo82.png

The White Sun Banner, symbol of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Baekdu

Last edited:

To the respected leader of the K.C.U.

The Umaja Commonwealth realizes that trade is a necessity for an economy in this day and age. Something I would hope you know as well. We offer free trade between our Home system and colonies, with the Home system and colonies of the Kelmar Commercial Union. The commonwealth hopes that these terms are agreeable, and you are welcome to make counter offers if not.

From High Ruler Fyn Ortynum

Secrets
Mountain of Fire
March 14th, 2071
18:47
Special Xenonaut Project (SXP or The Project) Headquarters

Commander Kameron Cross was in the meeting room. He was preparing for a meeting with the new President, but a top priority report from the Scanning Department came in. Looking over it, one of the nearby stars, Jexenu, apparently had signs of life on it. Pictures taken by the telescope array from the colony on the Gehosaso system show lights on one of the planets and even a ship traveling to and from the planet.

Cross contacted the Scanning Department. He wanted to make sure that they weren't pulling some kind of prank on him.

"Commander," Wexler said while saluting Cross.

"Wexler. I assume you know why I'm here."

"The pictures?"

"Yes. Are you sure that these are real?"

"I'm sure. We have been observing the system for a few days now. The light from the planet isn't natural, while the ship was observed moving in and out of the system."

"They are ... much closer than I wanted them to be. That is all."

18:56

Peter was led down the hall by two members of the Project and accompanied by two bodyguards. While going to the meeting, he noticed that the hallway, which was wide enough for two people, had light fixtures in the top, and was made of steel, had doors every once in a while. He wondered what was behind those doors, but he wasn't allowed to see anything.

As Peter entered the meeting room, the Commander dismissed the two aides and the bodyguards. Peter was now alone with the Commander, and was very nervous about the meeting.

After Peter sat down, the Commander began to speak.

"Welcome, President Peter. I am Commander Kameron Cross of the Special Xenonaut Project."

"Pleased to meet you as well," Peter said in a neutral tone.

"It was a pleasant surprise to see you win the elections with Romanov's backing. I thought that one of Romanov's ... closer friends would have gained backing."

Peter nodded. He was also surprised, at the time, that Romanov decided to back him. Peter had opposed some of Romanov's actions, like the Implant Requirement, and many considered them to be rivals.

"Since you are now President, I'm obligated, as the Commander of the Project, to inform you of some important facts that will influence your actions."

The Commander gets up and goes up to the screen.

"Mr. President, do you remember the alien invasion thirty years ago?"

"Yes."

Peter was fourteen when the alien invasion started. The images of the aliens, their weapons that spat out strange blue energy, and the oddly shaped alien craft were still in his head. The invasion lasted five months, yet time slowed down during it. During one of the attacks, Peter watched his sister crumble from a barrage of the mysterious weapon. It blew a hole through her, yet it didn't cause any bleeding. Even years later, Peter still has nightmares of that attack.

"So, Mr. President, I assume you don't need to hear all of the details then?"

"No."

"Good. One important detail is that this project was never disbanded. It was disbanded officially, but its functions kept going on. We continued to research the aliens and their technology, eventually leading to new discoveries and applications, like the chips most people have in their heads."

"Why did Romanov keep the Project around then?"

"It's simple. Romanov, unlike most of the other world leaders, realized that there could be another invasion. The devastation and chaos of the alien invasion was partially because of the world being unable to work with each other. Rivalries, ideologies, race, and religion; these things divided us at a time where we, the people of Cygni, could have been destroyed."

"Is this why Romanov decided to wage war to cement control over the world?"

"Yes," the Commander said, realizing that Peter was getting angry. "Romanov wanted to ensure the --"

Jumping up from his seat, Peter shouted, "Bullshit!"

"Mr. President --"

"Are you kidding me? The reason why Romanov united the world is the possibility of ANOTHER ALIEN INVASION? Do you HEAR the words you are spouting out of your mouth right now? If you said that to anybody on this planet, they would call you crazy and would suggest that go to the nearest MENTAL HOSPITAL!"

"I can explain. You see, if we told people there were still aliens, they would be scared."

"SCARED? If you told people there were aliens, they would think you--are--crazy. Do you hear me? CRAZY!"

"Mr. President. Please calm down."

After a minute, the Commander gave Peter a folder.

"The folder contains photos and details on the first encounter with traders from The Bevoo'i Robotics Company on Gehosaso."

After looking over the contents of the folder, Peter tosses it back to the Commander.

"It is too easy to fake photos and documents these days."

"Well, if that doesn't satisfy you, what about alien artifacts from Derhad --"

"Commander Cross. I'm sorry, but I refuse to support your organization's nonsense. I'm leaving now."

"Mr. President. If I were you, I would be careful about where I tread and who your friends and enemies are. Some people and organizations have a lot of clout and would make your job a lot ... tougher."

After leaving to the President's Ship, Peter receives a message from an unknown source. Curious, he reads the message.

Who really rules Cygni, Peter?

March 15th, 2071

This is the Cygni News Network. We have been informed recently by the government that they have detected life on a nearby star using the Gehosaso Telescope Array. In response to this new discovery, the Special Xenonaut Project has been reformed in order to investigate. We will bring you more information on this as soon as possible.

Inferiors, Morons, and Assorted Freaks

Location: The Triumvirate chambers at the pinnacle of Altabessemer Tower

flag_091.jpg

High above the bustling capital city below, the leaders of the Adrallan Oligarchy oversaw the first comprehensive report over the various alien polities that had been discovered within the galaxy. None of them were a danger to the great oligarchy, but information was the key to establishing control, and the Triumvirate was nothing if not ambitious. They oversaw the greatest Utopia ever created by anyone, anywhere. Everyone had a role, and everyone had a place, but still something to strive for. The Oligarchy had stood for millennia, and none had the slightest doubt that it would last for millennia more. This was a time for great expansion, and nothing would stop the greatness of the Oligarchy.

Exarch Jaq Cibio, Arcarius Zamin Nibi, and High Counselor Dela Arick were seated around a crescent-shaped table watching the electronic wall of information in front of them. Information on the various polities found, and their structure, and what strengths and weaknesses they each had.

Exarch Cibio spoke first after examining his datapad to cross reference the information with military scout reports, "There are many polities discovered through the galaxy, with the possibility of more being found ever present. Among the ones seen so far though, none worry me. Our ships are strong, and our economy massive," Arcarius Nibi grinned widely at that, "far more than any others, meaning it is as simple a matter of maintaining the initiative to defeat any opponent."

High Counselor Arick shook her head, "Perhaps, but there might be better ways to spread our power. Trade deals, cultural exchange, and other peaceful means will show our inherent superiority and cause the barbarians to come begging to join our glorious system. We are superior to them in all things, and with time they will surly realize this. It is a matter of time."

Arcarius Nibi chuckled, "No, no they won't. You give the inferiors far too much credit. They're inherent inferiority means they will not understand how much greater we are, and they will remain deluded in the belief that they have the better culture. What makes them inferior to us, also makes them unable to understand us. Because if they could truly understand why we are great, then their cultures would've already reached our level. No as moronic barbarians, the best we can do for them is too conquer them, and forcibly show them our greatness. Anything else is hopelessly naïve."

Exarch Cibio frowned, "Whether or not that is true, we can not maintain a constant war against every other polity. If even for a time, we must pretend to accept them, as our ancestors did in the Dark Ages, playing the inferior tribes against one another to allow for enlightened rule. And inferior though these races may be, they have numbers, and if 2 or more unite against us, it would be a tough fight.

Exarch Cibio gestured across the table in front of him, bringing up files on specific polities.

"Three dangerous polities are right on our doorstep. The People's Republic of Karastan lives to our immediate North-West, and is a nation of idiotic communists, who refuse any ships from entering their space. With diplomacy impossible, and their government an abomination, we should eliminate them immediately. They probably exploit their slaves to build a military, so the conquest might not be quick.

To our immediate North-east is the Euterian Empire. Outside of the fact that they are an empire, we have no idea about their government. They have a very small population though this is made up for by being very high-tech. It is worrying that they are so close to us, but I think we could beat them in a war, with our larger population, and superior economy.

To our immediate south-East is the Federal Republic of Baekdu, a true republic, with all the bureaucratic inefficiency that brings. They also seem quite vocal about spreading their democracy, which could cause problems. They also seem to rely heavily on cloning. Together this means they can possess a large and fanatical army. Man for man, our army is superior, but A ground war against them will not be won without high costs. Peace is our best course with them for now, but war seems inevitable."

Exarch Cibio gestures again, bringing up new files.

" More distantly, but still close, we have the Empire of Kronesia far to our south. An autocratic monster, it represents the very worst of it's kind. The usual hereditary discrimination, even going as far as slavery by heredity, as well as the expected corruption. somehow this anachronistic monstrosity has a large fleet, and great ambitions upon the galaxy. A sure sign of apathetic and weak civilians if they allow such a horrible system to oppress them. sooner or later we will meet on a larger scale, and they will have to be annihilated.

Also far to our south is the Kelmar Commercial Union. Another monarchy, however it seems to have higher standards for acquiring wealth, so they might be brought around by our obvious superiority in wealth and power. Beyond that they seem to be a minor faction, most likely we won't encounter them for some time.

Far to our North-West lies the Collective. An AI state, little is known of them. They seem to be quite numerous and hate organic life-forms. Another possible threat as we get closer to them, but ultimately they will not have any allies, and our superiority will lead us to victory.

Also to our North West is The Nocoii Covenant, a fanatical cult on a massive scale that seems to worship the delusions of men long dead. The only possible explanations are specie-wide hypnosis, or mental insanity. As such we doubt any common ground will be found. However they are weak physically, and have an intense hatred of technology, specifically AIs. Being so close to The Collective, war seems inevitable between them, which helps us immensely."

Gesturing once more, Exarch Cibio brings up the last files.

"On the other side of the galaxy there is The Gnarek, a primitive oligarchy, whose government is much like the VOC. We know little of their society, but they have most of their technology taken from another, dead, race. They are extremely primitive, and unlikely to survive long, which is a shame, since they seem quite likely to accept our superior system if they were made aware of it. But they are too far away, and lack sophistication.

Also far away, we have the V.O.C. Trade Empire, a corporate monarchy that exists by exploiting random citizens on the basis of hereditary discrimination. such primitive notions of civilization are problematic, but the upper echelons of their government is more reasonably defined. They seems to be well developed to trade, and with a propensity for greed, meaning they wouldn't be too hard to bring around to our more enlightened system, but they are far away.

Little is known of the distant Umaja Commonwealth. They claim their government is a 'commonwealth', but we know of no such government type, so we assume it is a translation error for communist. They seem isolationist and highly defensive, much like Karastan. We should deal with them similarly to how we will deal with Karastan.

Finally there is the United Colonial Governments. They are in the corner of the galaxy, and have a larger, high tech fleet, and the capabilities of rapidly building more. Luckily they are poor and unstable, meaning they are unlikely to sustain themselves. They are a republic, but beyond that we know nothing of their government. We won't see them for a long time, and when we do, the war will end shortly in our favor.

In conclusion, our primary worries are the 2 empires, The AI Collective, and the Republic of Baekdu. Everyone else can be dealt with through simple means. For the short term we will want to secure our borders through deals, while expanding, and crushing the abominable communists."

The other two replied by nodding silently, as they thought of ways to prepare the Oligarchy for the long road ahead.​

Last edited:
Diplomatic Report

To the Serene Doge and Council of Viceroys

Gentlemen, events are swiftly overtaking us. As you know, with the recent advances in language-thought technology, we have finally made contact with [Code: Other]. The Rediscovery of [Code: Other] after centuries of isolation and civil strife promises to bring untold prosperity to Voogoonam.[Code: Other] is a diverse group, with there own political factions, rivalries, and alliances. I have highlighted the different factions below in order of threat. Please note we have gathered signals from a nearby celestial body, possibly an alpha-class galaxy.​

1. The Bevoo'i Robotic Co: A seemingly Corporatist state, they seem to be the most reasonable and trustworthy race. Our diplomats were greeted warmly, and we have already signed a non-aggression pack. With time, trade and even an alliance seems likely

2.Allied Clones (Homo Imitatus)- A peculiar race with neither Males nor Females, their entire civilization seems to be made up of doppelgangers. Nevertheless, they seem to be mostly harmless, and their distance insure nominal neutrality for both their party, and ours.

3. Xin Li- The Xin Li are an autocratic nation, a nation that feasts upon the fear and respect of their Emperor. The Emperor himself, along with his advisers, are shadowy and aloof. The citizens, once men and women of a proud Republic, have been reduced to fodder for the emperor. Had they been closer, and had a certain circumstances been different, they would most certainly be near the top of this list. As it is, other factions take precedence.

4.The Korsen Iavantar- The Korsen Iavantar are an anomaly. It is the only theocracy in known existence where the religious and political head is also the deity! This brings new faith and obedience from its followers, so much so that one of our party stripped off his uniform and joined them in one of their many celebrations. We never saw him again, though I am assured of his safety. I must admit, I was and still am tempted to join him.

5. Republic of Cygni- The Republic of Cygni is, in all senses of the word, a misnomer. For all intents and purposes, it is a military dictatorship. All attempts at communication led to blatant avoidance. What intelligence we do have on the so called republic is through observation. We will persist in attempting to make contact with this secretive race, as our proximity makes us both uneasy neighbors for the near future.

6. The Network- Advanced AI, the Network is the product of an experiment by a Dr. Graf. which created one of the most, if not the most, advanced computer systems of the entire galaxy! There intellagence is remarkable, their emotions, almost nonexistent. The only emotion gauged from my encounters is something akin to longing when they speak of their lost master. Peace between our nations is essential for our, if not their, survival.

7. Hroth Emergency Union- A warlike people, the five shahs rule the union by using both strength of will, and strength of force, in liberal amounts. It requires such brutality, for civil strife is a common occurance. There distance from us is a safeguard against aggression from these barba... excuse me, shahs, but one which may not last in time.

8. Commonwealth of Xarvis -Unknown

9. Diclonius Dominion -Unknown

10. The Neurax Hive- The distance between our systems and theirs is vast. They are microscopic in size, nothing more then insects or even bacterium to us. And yet... I fear them most of all. Like the AI, they have no emotions. Like the clones, they are a collective, one mind, a million bodies. The only intelligence gathered from them are from second or third hand sources, legends and old sailors. Merchants refuse to fly within a thousand Light years of their space. We know extremely little about them. They are on the other side of the Galaxy. They are Microscopic. And they Must be destroyed with all due prejudice.

~Signed

Dr. David Livingstone
Senior Advisory in Diplomacy

Live or Die

The Empire of Xin Li, had known peace for a very long time as it advancements in colonizing locals planets have brought many a fortune. But now it was time for peace to end and for the Xin Li to walk to path of war and domination, tho the Xin Li are not barbarians they know that allowing other nations to become vassal states is another way for them to benefit. So the nation that Xin Li set it sights for was the Allied Clones.

Within a week his entire fleet bearing the Xin Li imperial insignia had approached the Clones border ready to charge but, they did not move as his highness wanted to make a broadcast to the Allied Clones before he would ever order an attack.

A huge projection screen came from the flagship and showed the Emperor himself, with a golden dragon statue in the background.

decree_by_luminoire-d414kq6.jpg

"This is a announcement to the Allied Clones! I am Emperor Xin Hua 32nd Emperor of the Xin Li Empire, I am broadcasting this message to all of the Clones present in your stars systems. This is a message not of peace but of war! It is hard for me to say but as Emperor I must think of my Empires well being and it seems your nation can benefit us in many ways, so I can also offer another ultimatum. Ahem! If the government of Clones would wish to continue its rule over their systems then they must swear fealty to the Xin Li Empire and become a vassal state, refuse and we will crush you into the ground. So choose wisely, I will give you a few days to make your choice, and since I am a benevolent Emperor I will give your leader a chance to modify the deal any way he would like as long as it is within reason that is. So thank you for listening and have a nice day."