• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kenlin

Ideas Man
36 Badges
Jul 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
I'm sure we all agree that the Red Skull functionality for deaths is a neat and intuitive addition to the game - you click the red skull, and you go to the killer's character page.

When you get the "plot discovered" notification, though, sometimes the plotting character is planning on killing someone you don't recognise the name of, and you don't want to be a spoilsport stopping every plot. So why not make the little dagger icon for Plot to Kill into a pointer like the red skulls? Then we can see if the character they're planning on killing is worth protecting. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hopit said:
Or you could, I don't know? Look at the intrigue tab?
Under known plots? Might change your look on the world.
Yeah, sure. Let's remove the Red Skull, nobody needs it anyway. Let's also remove the marriage tab, since you could just use Find Character?

My realms frequently have dozens, if not over 100 (the count right now is 132), plots ongoing. I don't care about most of them. I also don't want to scroll through that list every time to find someone who may or may not interest me

Yeah, sure. Let's remove the Red Skull, nobody needs it anyway. Let's also remove the marriage tab, since you could just use Find Character?
Why would you need to remove anything?
Is it too much to ask to remember a name?
My realms frequently have dozens, if not over 100 (the count right now is 132), plots ongoing. I don't care about most of them. I also don't want to scroll through that list every time to find someone who may or may not interest me
They usually should only interest you when you get the imprison popup thingie at the top of the screen

Last edited:
Let's also remove the marriage tab, since you could just use Find Character?

Considering how restricted the marriage menu is at times, I personally rarely use it...

Is it too much to ask to remember a name?

You could, sure. But I don't see a particular disadvantage to adding this except for the (presumably not too extensive) coding and debugging time to do it. It would make the UI more intuitive, consistent and streamlined, which is never really a bad thing - especially for a game with a UI which scares quite a few newbies.

And my current game has over 200 people in my dynasty, of whom nearly all the men are counts in my realm. There are duplicate names, believe me!

I did not know this. Should I start a new thread there, or will a friendly mod move this over?

I think the key thing here is that the actual suggestion should be posted in the Bug Reports forum - If you want to start discussion on how to formulate a suggestion and flesh it out, you should still do it here.

In addition to the original suggestion, could clicking on the "iron bars" prison logo hovering over at the top right of an imprisoned character's portrait act as a link to their imprisoner?