• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(401886)

Private
2 Badges
Oct 29, 2011
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
I and many of us fans would like to see new content for this game, but all we get is silence or answers like there are currently no plans or you don't know. It's not good enough.

Kerberos has stated many times that they're willing to continue development and would do so if you guys allowed it. But they can't because of legal reasons. So for this game not to be ruined by you guys and go down the drain, i believe that either new content, continued development, or a way to let kerberos work on the game is necessary.

If you guys no longer provide money to at least patch the game, or continue any kind of development, please please PLEASE either relinquish all rights to the game and return it to kerberos so that they would be able to continue development, or amend the contract in a way to let them do so from their own wallet and self publish content, this will allow you to sell the base game with the 1st exp and them to sell the new stuff they make from their own wallet.

Last observation: The game is still INCOMPLETE with features missing and the multiplayer crashes a lot as well as there are still plenty of bugs to crush not to mention the ai is still not in top shape, it still needs fixing and the missing features to be implemented.

To surmise: Paradox if you are not going to do anything, please dont stand in kerberos' way and let them continue development on their own power.

Nice one. couldn´t agree more.
I have a question for Paradox. why do you still continue to sell this game knowing that it´s broken. at $12.00 a pop too.
If you have no plans to figure a way to let Kerb finish the game isn´t that stealing?
I will turn your attention to the following link :http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208529696, where it seams somebody is trying to get naive people who allready bought the game to buy it again. this was flagged sometime ago but seems to still be up makeing you extra cash.
If its all about the money, it´s not the paying customers fault that both paradox and Kerb screwed this up. If it´s true what Kerb says that the reason they can´t fix SOTS2 is because Paradox wont let them then I have to go with Paradox is scamming the clients. I´ve logged over 700 hours on this game, while learning, crashing, waiting inbetween turns, starting over because of new patches etc. I´m going to have to say that this could easily be an all time classic given some love. but at it´s current state it´s just an empty promiss and for the money if I were to buy it today, I would say a scam.
So if you´re not planning on fixing it to a decent level, or let kerb fix it, and continue selling it I have to go with SCAM.

I wonder what the people from paradox think of this or if they have even seen this thread at all, or if they even care about this game at least a little. Almost 6 months now without any news, patches, and new content. What are you playing at paradox? Why won't you allow kerberos to continue development? Why are you so intent on killing this great but buggy and incomplete game? We would like some answers please.

Last edited:
I wonder if P'dox hates this game because it reminds them of the 3 generations of super-buggy games they put out which their fans put up with because they were unique? Shame they haven't been able to work something out with Kerberos... On the other hand, all that we have to go on as to why patching and development are halted are various hints, rumours and inferences picked up here and there, mostly there. It might be wise to temper our approach absent any certain knowledge of what's playing out between Kerberos and Paradox. I would love to see SOTS II fixed and expanded, but I would be very hesitant to pay very much for an expansion and the franchise has been damaged pretty badly with the 4x playing public in general. A dicey proposition at best.

edit: by 4x playing publi I mean reviewers, forum goers on steam and the 4 out of the 4 strategy gamers I talk to irl, all of whom had heard of SOTS II and gotten a terrible impression (I got one to play it and he had a lot of fun :) ).

Paradox, please either give Sots2 back to Kerberos, or start funding it again. Seriously, this IP has soooo much potential.

Sots2 has its glitches, but it is a solid game by now. Multiplayer games with a good opponent are amazing. This is possibly the deepest strategy game I've ever played, and there is just about infinite replayability with a competent opponent!

Kerberos has done a fantastic job with the lore and universe of this game. I would love to see more done with it. Such a fun and rich story! It would be a tragedy to just let it rot like this. I would happily pay for a new Sots game.

Still nothing from paradox, they're still blocking kerberos, so i don't think that they're even checking on this forum section. This is starting to get ridiculous, the petition thread is a year old now and paradox doesn't even say anything. Looks like coming here to support the game doesn't matter, because paradox simply ignores everyone here.

Still nothing from paradox, they're still blocking kerberos, so i don't think that they're even checking on this forum section. This is starting to get ridiculous, the petition thread is a year old now and paradox doesn't even say anything. Looks like coming here to support the game doesn't matter, because paradox simply ignores everyone here.

One of P'dox's people gave a couple of "perhaps in the future" statements, 14 months ago. Afaik that was the last thing posted until they started redirecting tech support back to Kerberos. The silence (every game company's goto tactic) reflects almost as poorly on Paradox as the initial state of SOTS II did on Kerberos; Kerberos fixed their end, now it would be nice if Paradox would at least let us know if this game has a future.

One of P'dox's people gave a couple of "perhaps in the future" statements, 14 months ago. Afaik that was the last thing posted until they started redirecting tech support back to Kerberos. The silence (every game company's goto tactic) reflects almost as poorly on Paradox as the initial state of SOTS II did on Kerberos; Kerberos fixed their end, now it would be nice if Paradox would at least let us know if this game has a future.

The funny thing is? The early release and the initial state of the game was also paradox's fault. They pushed kerberos into an early release AFAIK.

The funny thing is? The early release and the initial state of the game was also paradox's fault. They pushed kerberos into an early release AFAIK.

With all due respect to Kerberos, given that it took them a year and a half to fix it, it isn't too likely that the schedule not being met was all Paradox's fault. I think it more likely that Kerb bit off more than they could chew by insisting on cutting edge (for their time and genre) gfx and a thorough redesign of the wheel, so to speak. There are some frankly poor UI design decisions holding it back as well. That said, SOTS II comes closer to being my perfect 4x game than any other that I have tried. If they could just streamline the interface and beef up the AI it would be magnificent.

I wouldn't blame too much on paradox. Launch was a disaster, and that's all kerberoses own fault. What paradox needs to know, is that there is quite a fanbase, and there are still new players coming. The game is now at stage that it would just need some attention, perheaps (i know, risky business for paradox) even an expansion so new reviews would be coming. I do can see how Paradox views this game, i'm just hoping that they would reconsider.

I wouldn't blame too much on paradox. Launch was a disaster, and that's all kerberoses own fault. What paradox needs to know, is that there is quite a fanbase, and there are still new players coming. The game is now at stage that it would just need some attention, perheaps (i know, risky business for paradox) even an expansion so new reviews would be coming. I do can see how Paradox views this game, i'm just hoping that they would reconsider.

Actually paradox admitted themselves that they rushed the release so it's entirely their fault.

They even made a thread once in which they apologised for it. Dunno where it went though.

If that is true then pulling off support from this game and blocking kerberos is totally unacceptable. I love paradoxes games, but this would make me reconsider supporting the company in the future. But, that being said, I really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Kerberos is making a new title etc, so they may just be too busy atm to make new patches and to plan content. I'll wait after their next title comes out, what they're going to do then. If they'll break the radio silence.

Hi all,

So here's the deal. We never (AFAIK) prohibit developers from patching/updating games they've made. If the Stalin vs Martian (yes we published that...) devs wanted to do a free update, patch, expansion, DLC whatever - we wouldn't stand in their way. If they want to spend their time and money supporting the game there's no reason for us to stop them.

The game was released in a crap state - since then patched/updated - big props to the developer for that. Today it's in a better/more playable state that we're calling "good enough" - which is supported by the player numbers - a lot of players are spending hundreds if not thousands of hours in the game.

Could the game be fixed up even more? Sure it's software after all.
Are we going to fund additional patches/updates? No - we're still far, far in the red with this project - we made a huge investment into the development and things didn't quite work out. So we're focusing on other things now.
Are we in any way standing in the way of the devs or the community patching/updating the game themselves? No.

/shams

Hi all,

So here's the deal. We never (AFAIK) prohibit developers from patching/updating games they've made. If the Stalin vs Martian (yes we published that...) devs wanted to do a free update, patch, expansion, DLC whatever - we wouldn't stand in their way. If they want to spend their time and money supporting the game there's no reason for us to stop them.

The game was released in a crap state - since then patched/updated - big props to the developer for that. Today it's in a better/more playable state that we're calling "good enough" - which is supported by the player numbers - a lot of players are spending hundreds if not thousands of hours in the game.

Are we going to fund additional patches/updates? No - we're still far, far in the red with this project - we made a huge investment into the development and things didn't quite work out. So we're focusing on other things now.
Are we in any way standing in the way of the devs or the community patching/updating the game themselves? No.

/shams

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,

/shams

Thank you very much for the drama-free update. What you say sounds both reasonable and appropriate. Shame how things turned out.

This has been covered in detail in other places.

Development kept falling behind and we couldn't spend more time on development - we were told the game was in better shape than it was.

/shams

Greetings;
Threre was a patch for SotS2 recently, but developers refuse giving us patch notes, with Mecron (their boss) saying that there is some sort of "danger" behind patching game and claiming that there was no patch, "just swamp gas". I wanted to ask if Paradox have something to do with it.
-T.