• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hurabi

First Lieutenant
107 Badges
Sep 9, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Victoria 2
So, I'm playing my Abbasids playthrough that was started in 2.1.4 and is currently in 2.1.5.1 beta, when suddenly I see my decadence balloon like crazy. I go to the religion tab to straighten up them decadent relatives, when I find that many have it grayed out due to being already asked by someone else. I kept waiting but they stayed decadent and the button stayed grayed out. I thought this was fixed in a previous patch? Also, isn't the game supposed to notify me when a relative becomes decadent?

Eat the tyranny hit and imprison them. Handling vassals who dislike you is easier than handling a decadence invasion.

Is the tyranny malus cumulative?
Seriously, though, I thought this was fixed. Maybe there's something I don't know about?

It's not, but one modder has suggested that PDS screwed up on the flag used. I quote ahhheygao:

"The main issue is that PDS was lazy with their coding and used a global flag instead of timed opinion modifiers; as a result, other characters like the top liege or head of dynasty can't intervene once the character has been "negotiated with" by someone else. A quick and dirty way of getting by the issue is to add something like

Code:
had_character_flag = { flag = negotiated_to_drop_decadence days = 61 }

to get past the global flag but still retain some semblance of a cooldown. I'd also recommend increasing the mean_time_to_happen for event ID 91300 which adds the decadent trait; as it stands, the MTTH (and its modifiers) are just too fast, so even a repentant decadent character would just regain the decadent trait again within a year."

It's odd that it's still not fixed considering that this renders Muslims more unplayable than before, what with the tyranny maluses. So, whereabouts do I go adding that line of code?

Aaaaaand I guess I will put my Muslim ironman game on hold for now, then. Hope this gets patched soon. There was that one-time thing where they could be imprisoned, I think. It should stay like that if they remain decadent.