• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

der Kriegsherr

Simp for the Constitution
38 Badges
Oct 27, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
This is coming from a DH veteran who's played countless games as Germany, but I can't figure out for the life of me why you would want to release the Reichskommisariats? Germany needs the resources and IC taken from the Soviets if they're ever going to stand up to the USA, and the RKs would just remove the IC/resources from your direct control. I can't figure it out from the puppet angle either, as Germany will have plenty of those by this point.

Unless you get to eventually integrate them into the Reich itself, I don't see much point in releasing them.

As far as I understand it, you have only 3 reasons to release RKs.
1. Roleplay
2. Free up TC
3. Good-looking map
However, you won't receive notification when a rebel pops up! Other than these 3 reasons, it's better off leaving it to direct control.

They are useless because when you try to release them from occupied soviet territory, they don't get ANY of the land except the capital city and there is no way to transfer the land to them.

This is the biggest problem with them, they cannot be set up until after the soviet union is defeated, and by then who cares? the game is over.

And you cannot liberate the countries,so is or you liberate the useless Reichkomissariats or you occupy the whole soviet territory,destroying your TC

Because "generalplan ost"

Last edited:
As far as I understand it, you have only 3 reasons to release RKs.
1. Roleplay
2. Free up TC
3. Good-looking map
However, you won't receive notification when a rebel pops up! Other than these 3 reasons, it's better off leaving it to direct control.

True, so if you use them don´t forget to watch its map from time to time. I lost Norway once that way.:angry:

Once their stockpiles have reached a threshold, RKs give to their controller nation everything above the threshold. Considering that their resource output is 1/3 higher, that's a bargain in my opinion. Plus they will start to produce units which can be used to control their partisans under control once they will be military controlled. If these units are sprinkled on the territory with the anti-partisan order, they will start engaging partisans in the surrounding provinces and the controller will receive warnings since the RK units are military controlled.
Furthermore, they remove quite a load from the master's TC. And there is the cool factor on the map. So, to answer the OT question, yes, I have started to use them in my AAR.

Once their stockpiles have reached a threshold, RKs give to their controller nation everything above the threshold. Considering that their resource output is 1/3 higher, that's a bargain in my opinion.

That's a good point Luci, I'd forgotten it entirely. Since you have your AAR in progress I wonder if you can shed some light on a related point - whether that output 'bonus' extends to provinces gifted to them or applies only to their listed cores. I did experiment with this once myself but can't for the life of me remember the outcome.

That's a good point Luci, I'd forgotten it entirely. Since you have your AAR in progress I wonder if you can shed some light on a related point - whether that output 'bonus' extends to provinces gifted to them or applies only to their listed cores. I did experiment with this once myself but can't for the life of me remember the outcome.

Yes its a good point, but again it has to be said:

These things CANNOT even be released until after the bitter peace (or you annex USSR completely) beyond as one province minors since you cannot give them their claimed lands.

And the game is over after bitter peace. Sure you can invade North America for fun, but there is no more challenge and thus those RKs are useless.

I guess I'll make another suggestion in the suggestion section but this needs to be addressed, letting them be formed from occupied territory so the RK's can do their evil work squeezing the occupied territories while it actually matters (USSR still alive).

I guess I'll make another suggestion in the suggestion section but this needs to be addressed, letting them be formed from occupied territory so the RK's can do their evil work squeezing the occupied territories while it actually matters (USSR still alive).

There's no doubt that would definitely be a substantial improvement. Even as it stands, though, I've found their contribution useful when Stalin comes knocking to ask for his ball back while I'm busy trying to get get the fat American lady to sing.