• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lollibast

Captain
38 Badges
Jan 26, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
Hi, I noticed in my current nat. china game a few strange twists when the allies DOW Japan. First my alliance with Shanxi was dissolved and my troops in northern China/Korea were cut off from supply because I had no more military access with Shanxi (acceptall fixed that). Later Japan returned to Status Quo with Shanxi which kicked me out of the war as well, removing all my troops from former japanese territory in nothern Korea. I continued a member of the Allies who stayed at war with Japan, just I was no longer at war and all my progress was lost.

Can you go into a bit more detail? When did this happen?

Isn´t that a problem of AoD vanilla, too? JAP DOWs Shanxi, Nat. China, UK, NL, USA. Each of them can then make peace separately.

The only solution in gameplay is to let Shanxi be annexed, so they cannot interfere.

well, I went to war with Japan historically when they invaded the mainland. I had an alliance with Shanxi and the other cliques. When Jap dowed USA, which took them to war with the allies I automatically joined the allies a few days later. I didnt do anything to make this happen. As I thus joined the allies my previous alliances were dissolved. The former ally of mine, Shanxi, was neutral towards me. I made a military access treaty with Shanxi to allow my troops in korea be supplied through their territory. As Japan was pushed back into Korea and Vietnam by me they decided to make peace with Shanxi on status quo terms. I never got a peace offer but at this occasion my war with japan also ended. however, japan remained at war with the allies 8which i continued to be a member of). All my troops in formerly occupied japanese territory were removed (strat deployed to my capital). I included my savegame right after that happened and the latest autosave which is before the Japanese peace. You should be able to reproduce Japan making peace by continuing into Korea and Vietnam. View attachment save games.rar

I see. China is automatically pushed into the Allies by Event (to strengthen AI CHI). In Hands-off tests, we never see them win. I have to think about how to fix it. Not so easy, because there may be Japanese puppet CSXs who should not join the Allies.

i guess eliminating the reason why China drops out of the war when Japan makes peace with Shanxi should solve this, but I'll leave that to the coders and keep annoying you with reporting bugs I find :ninja:

*switching to 0.6.2* :D