• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry but the Persian unit pack just looks bad. It's the faces that screw it up. It makes it feel like it's rendering from 2006.

The render from the low angle doesn't do the faces so much justice, but you won't ever see them like this ingame. This is how they look in CK2:

ss_7034c5a2c1f234a7731eb4d44278d873ad33964e.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful! great work! I have them all.
but is there a bug with some of the Warriors of Faith units? when hiring the jomvikings and Varangian guard they showed up fine but the holy sepulchre and bektashi showed up as vanilla cavalry units! shouldnt the dlc sprite overwrite the default unit sprite? I havent had the chance to check out all the others yet.
I really like the Turkish portrait pack, except the dark soulless eyes the females tend to have, I much prefer the ingame ones to the small few that are on the store page. I hope youre not planning to change them,update the store page instead!

Some personal requests:
I'll add my vote to a Finno-ugric portrait pack, hard as it may be to represent the diversity.Split in two maybe?
A Saxon portrait pack, perhaps more of a clothing and helmet pack?
Andalusian portrait pack.
East African portrait pack.
Maybe more councillor packs.
A religious portrait pack or update to have monks/nuns/holy orders look unique and appropriate. I'd like the Hochmeister to have his unique helmet!,if it can fit! maybe in the Holy orders unit pack too.

Also:
Please tone down the fake tan in the mediterranean pack, I agree with others that these renders look better.
Fix the black eyes that the Turks have(mainly women)
I love the Indian portraits/units but a lot of the women seem to prematurely age and can be very wrinkled in their teens and twenties! a bug?

Thank you, I eagerly await what's next.

I really do wish they Mediterranean portraits really did look how they look here. I've disabled them several times when playing serious games in the region because of how weird they look. I remember before I bought it, (before I realised there actually were face packs other than just the usual White/Arab) when I saw screenshots with them used I thought they were from some sort of funky mod.

I've always called the Mediterranean portrait DLC "The John Boehner DLC Pack"
110408_boehner_bigstory_ap_605.jpg

Now that's a Mediterranean portrait for you. :p

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals!

Thanks for your valuable input!

Some of the images youre seeing in the OP might be slightly different from what you see in game.
This might have to do with last minute changes, Source content render settings or coloring done in game.

I'll discuss this with the team and see how they feel, but I can't guarantee any major changes being done at this point.
We always aim to please our fellow gamers and this is a great way to get a feel for how you recieve what we put out.

The med portraits quality have been an issue for most people here on the forums since the day it was released because of the strange skin tones and overall quality that was inferior to the other portrait DLCs (or vanilla portraits). I think it would be a nice gesture if your team could get around fixing it so it looks more like the render picture.
Now that we can see it actually looked quite good at some point give us hope that it can be one day "fixed".
I think many people would appreciate it, and it would show that Paradox south care deeply about their products and customers :)

Last edited:
The med portraits quality have been an issue for most people here on the forums since the day it was released because of the strange skin tones and overall quality that was inferior to the other portrait DLCs. I think it would be a nice gesture if your team could get around fixing it so it looks more like the render picture.
Now that we can see it actually looked quite good at some point give us hope that it can be one day "fixed".
I think many people would appreciate it, and it would show that Paradox south care deeply about their products and customers :)

Indeed, fixing the Med Portraits would be really nice!

The med portraits quality have been an issue for most people here on the forums since the day it was released because of the strange skin tones and overall quality that was inferior to the other portrait DLCs (or vanilla portraits). I think it would be a nice gesture if your team could get around fixing it so it looks more like the render picture.
Yep, after seeing from the renders how the Med portraits might look, it's even harder to stand their current appearance in game.

Please take a look at them... a ton of user forums/customers will surely be most obliged to you for doing so!

I support this statement dearly!

Please give us some feedback following on from your last post here, Lars. The Med. portraits in the render you posted look far, far better than the ones that were released. The Turkish and Persian portraits are also horrible, but I haven't purchased those.

EDIT: If those renders had been the preview images on Steam workshop at release, people would rightly be accusing you of false advertising.

Last edited: