• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

spiller68

Lt. General
43 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
jchs.png

On the 19th of july 1870 war began between the north German federation and the French empire of napoleon III, and it is from this conflict that our empire emerged. The military legacy left on Prussia by Fredrick the great can still be felt through the now Prussian now German military. In 1870 Bismarck’s Prussia faced Napoleons France, battle after battle the French where defeated. In the battle of Sedan 200,000 Prussian and Bavarian troops encircled 120,000 French troops lead by the French emperor himself inflicting large casualties on the French and taking 103,000 men prisoner including the emperor himself. In 1 battle French hegemony of the continent came to an end along with the 2nd French empire. Prussia united he German minors into the German empire under the leadership of emperor Wilhelm I and the great statesman Otto von Bismarck.

For the rest of the 19th century German power continued to grow with the establishment of a colonial empire abroad and the expansion of German industry. Colonies where established in the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East and the Far East. In 1888 our current emperor Kaiser Wilhelm II became emperor, he was young and ambitious under his leadership the army and navy where greatly expanded. As time went on he grew suspicious of the other powers believing them to be conspiring against him. His fears have not been helped by the by the French who continue to vow to re-acquire Alsace Lorraine. In recent months we have been provoked constantly by our neighbours in January the German embassy in Vienna was attacked, in March French forces incurred on our territory in West Africa, in April a German ship was seized in Amsterdam and it was discovered France had been funding polish rebels in Silesia. Despite these provocations in recent months we did not retaliate.

On the 17th of May that all changed, it is a day that will go down in history as the event that sparked war in Europe. Of the 17th of May 1911 crown prince Wilhelm heir to the thrown of the German empire was assassinated in Luxembourg by the French separatist Leo Adrien. Upon hearing the news of his son’s death the Kaiser reportedly lashed out in anger and ordered the mobilization of the army. Upon the order of mobilization both the Russians and the Austrians voiced their support for the French.

empq.png

The time for war has come and it is now time to punish the French for what they have done. On the 3rd of June after weeks of attempting to avoid war the Kaiser issued a formal declaration of war on France, the next day France’s allies Russia, Austria-Hungary, Spain, Netherlands and Switzerland join the war against us starting the largest conflict in Europe since the Napoleonic wars ended.
Note: during this AAR I might declare war on nations and then for story purposes write it as they declared war on us.

gr22.png

gdcx.png

Nice idea! Is this from a game you were already playing or is this some modding on your part?

Nice idea! Is this from a game you were already playing or is this some modding on your part?
i was already playing no moding, i should probaly mention i will be going over the infamy limit just for fun :D. i was just playing and then a started a war and thought this would make a nice little AAR so i went back to the save game when the war started and started taking pictures, also the title is a reference to my prussian AAR

Subbed! Looking forward to your AAR - I like the starting date you chose.
thanks always nice to have another follower :D, just thought id mention part 1 will be posted Monday.
Edit- also to anyone who might want to know what the world map looks like here you go,
smji.png

Last edited:
WW1 in 1911, eh? Interesting.:)

Part 1: The Guns Of June

i4p2.png

11 years prior to the war the German general staff created several plans for war against the Austrian’s and the Russian’s. von Moltke the younger’s plan involves a swift offensive to capture the major industrial region of bohemia and the easily defendable mountainous areas on the border before the Austrians can organize their defences and mobilize the full might of their army. The plan to combat the Russians is to create a defensive barrier in eastern Germany and allow the Russians to ware themselves out attempting to breach our defences while we knock Austria out of the war. Once the Austrians are defeated offensive operations can then be conducted against the Russians.

sj81.png

8ohe.png

The plan against the French depends on whether we are facing only France or other European nations. In the event of a 1v1 war against France a series of large offensives was planned. But due to the situation the plan has been modified to a way where we will take a defensive posture in France while dealing with the Dutch and the swiss.

On the 5th of June the offensive against the Austrians begins with an attack on the disorganized and ill equipped Austrian garrison in Aussig. During the battle we exploit the fact that the Austrian army is not yet equipped with gas masks and inflict huge casualties on the Austrian forces. Some in the government object to the use of gas believing it to be inhumane but most are in favour of anything that will give us victory. Meanwhile the offensive against the Dutch is already in full swing with most of the country being occupied by German troops. The Dutch navy poses a threat to our supply lines and as a result the German grand fleet is already on its way to neutralize it.

tasv.png

5xn1.png

On the 16th to the delight of general staff the 1st phase of the Austrian offensive ends in a German victory as German troops defeat the Austrians in Aussig through a combination of superior numbers, skill, and firepower. While battles continue to rage on in northern Bohemia an offensive against the Swiss begins to capture the mountain passes that lead into southern Germany. Leading the attack is veteran Bavarian general Florian Von Arentschildt who will be leading the 2nd army in an assault on Basel.

plw1.png

vo42.png

While we attempt to defeat the allies on our borders our sole European ally the Ottoman Empire is coming under an increasing amount of pressure as the Russians advance down the black sea coast and the Austrians invade Montenegro and southern Serbia. The question is how long will the sick man be able to hold out against the superior numbers of the Allies?

pzb9.png

9uc4.png

By the 20th of July the German navy has finally began to engage the Dutch fleet a few miles off the coast of Amsterdam, while our army fights a difficult battle for control of the city. On the 21st we have our 1st victory against the French in the fields of Nancy, we suffer the largest casualties in any of the battles so far with 10,000 Germans lying dead and an additional 8,000 dying from their wounds. On the 22nd the German army under the leadership of Konrad Behncke manage to wrestle control of the Dutch capital from the leader of the Dutch forces Paul Brandt. After 5 brutal days of battles in the street Konrad managed to cut the Dutch forces in half but failed to prevent the remainder of the Dutch army from escaping southwards to Rotterdam.

chtb.png

g35n.png

While the city if now under our control the water surrounding Amsterdam is not as the naval battle continues, but things get harder when the Russian fleet arrives to aid the Dutch. Luckily for us most of the Russian fleet is obsolete and might not make a difference to the outcome of the battle. On the 6th after the German flag ship Delphin destroyed 2 of the 5 Russian destroyers single handedly the remainder of the Russian fleet retreats leaving the Dutch to their fates.

u92c.png

Victories over the Dutch continue with Konrad forcing Brandt to retreat from Rotterdam at the cost of 12,000 German lives, but once again he fails to prevent their retreat allowing the Dutch army to fight another day. After a second failure to prevent the Dutch retreat Brandt has been warned that failure to do so again will see him replaced by his 2nd in command in the Dutch front Paul Groener.

gcl0.png

As Konrad continues to wrestle with Brandt for control of the Netherlands, Admiral Otto Von Manteuffel defeats the remainder of the Dutch fleet. Even with the Dutch army no longer in control of the city of Amsterdam the Dutch continue to fight on. On the 31st our forces under Georg Schree manage to defeat a Dutch uprising in Amsterdam. 60,000 Dutch citizens took to the street’s under the leadership of retired general Dick Everton, after hours of vicious brawls in the street’s the battle comes to an end with 20,000 lying dead in the streets, 30,000 wounded and 10,000 Dutch taken prisoner. After the battle Schree complements the Dutch bravery but also comments on them their foolishness in attempting to resist German occupation.

ox1n.png

On the western front we slowly force the French out of Franche comte throughout august but will we be able to keep it up. For the moment we have an advantage against our enemies, however the longer this war goes on the more difficult it will be to take on the joint armies of the Allies. We have a larger standing army than all 3 of the opposing great powers individually but once they fully mobilize we will be vastly outnumbered and will have to rely on our superior training to defeat them.

pw7q.png

Last edited:
Interesting....
Subbed.

A massive amount of opponents. The General Staff will have to act wisely.

So what are the British doing? I know that it's France, Russia, and Austria-Hungary vs. Germany and the Ottomans, but are the Brits neutral? What about the USA?

So what are the British doing? I know that it's France, Russia, and Austria-Hungary vs. Germany and the Ottomans, but are the Brits neutral? What about the USA?
USA are on my side but so far they have only sent i think it was 15,000 troops so they arent any help what so ever. britain will be joining the war eventually and for once they will actually fight :D. i said this above in the intro "Note: during this AAR I might declare war on nations and then for story purposes write it as they declared war on us." dureing the beginning of the war i went over the infamy limit hoping everyone would join against me but they didn't hence the note^^^. if you have any other questions like about what happened before the war or you wanna see a screenshot of something just ask.

i hope you'll like this AAR, also i second what you said in your sig "Also, France must be destroyed" lol

That all started because the French were being a pain to me as Germany in Vicky2. So hooray?

This looks fascinating - definite sub