• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
T

tywinzo

• I have the pope as vassal, and now I wonder if I can request a Crusade somehow? At least suggest it?
  • I seem to find no way of deposing the anti-pope set up in Benavente (Zamora, Leon, Asturias). The king of Asturias has no casus belli and I can not attack count of Zamora (not independent). Is there a way to get rid of this anti-pope?

- If you have So! and Crusades have been enabled (you should have seen a big window titled "Crusader Kings"), you can request a Crusade by going to the intended target (remember that you cannot target other Christians unless they are of a Catholic heresy) and using the "Request Crusade" diplomatic option. The requirements are that the Pope likes you (being your vassal should give you a +++++ "X is my liege" modifier, but Free Investiture might still prevent it (not sure if it is a ---- or -----)), that he has not called a Crusade previously, and that at least 30 years have passed since the *end* of the last Crusade. If he has called a Crusade already, he has outlived his usefulness after 30 years have passed.
- You should be able to declare war on the Anti-Pope's liege *if* your character likes the current Pope more than the Anti-Pope. If not, try to invite a claimant to the county where the Anti-Pope is located, land him with a county from your demesne, and press his claim. After that, imprison him freely with an excommunication from your puppet Pope until he rebels, take the county where the Anti-Pope is located, and revoke his barony for a -10 tyranny if necessary, followed by a speedy assassination to remove the claim on the Papacy. Release the excommunicated guy again and imprison him until the second rebellion to retake the county you gave him in the first place. If you get truly desperate, try to ruin Asturias in every way so that the Muslims holy war the Anti-Pope into oblivion.