• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

d1x

Private
59 Badges
Sep 15, 2010
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Where in-game exist any culture from Israelite culture group (Ashkenazi or Sephardi). They are listed in in wiki http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Culture but I didn't manage to find them in any province.
Or do they appear somehow by event?

It would be nice to play them but if you choose this culture in ruler designer, then you are unable to get it in any of your lands (because you will never have neighbor with such culture), right?

What I found that only some administrator/spy..etc. appear at your court with this culture.

Where in-game exist any culture from Israelite culture group (Ashkenazi or Sephardi). They are listed in in wiki http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Culture but I didn't manage to find them in any province. or do they appear somehow by event?

Said culture groups only appear in form of courtiers which can appear in courts of "organised religions" (= Christians, Muslims, Jews & Zoroastrians. I am not sure if they pop up in India) and the actual culture only spawns if you land them and make them independent so they can convert province culture. Alternatively a landed Ashkenazi/Sephardi vassal can be used to train your future heir so he gets the culture and your realm slowly culture converts if you keep the same culture going for a few generations.

Only playable Jews in game (unless you land a courtier and move to play as him) are Khazars in the Steppes and Semien in Abyssinia, who are part of their respective Altaic/East-African culture groups. In "Old Gods" start Khazars are strong and Semien in a bit of a pickle. In Stamford Bridge, Khazars are subjugated vassals of Cumania while Semien/Axum is the biggest power of East Africa, unless you count Egypt as such.

Last edited:
I thought those Ashkenazi/Jewish courtiers who show up couldn't pass their culture/religion on to your children if you have them educated by them? I thought Paradox made it that way because the Jews that show up in your court often have good stats and often get used as guardians, so you'd end up with half the world's nobility turning Ashkenazi/Jewish lol.

Although in my last unmodded game, the Umayyads had converted to Jewish religion by 900 AD and stayed Jewish long enough to start converting all their lands. Jewish Sayyids =D

I thought those Ashkenazi/Jewish courtiers who show up couldn't pass their culture/religion on to your children if you have them educated by them?

If teacher is not landed, he cannot pass his culture or religion onwards, which actually makes it worthwhile to have your heir educated by them without fearing your realm immediately rises in revolt when you have new ruler with different religion and culture.

...if you land them and make them independent so they can convert province culture...

So the AI-controlled ruler (e.g. count) can convert the culture in his province even when the culture is not anywhere in the world? It is some in-game mechanic that is not available to human players?

So the AI-controlled ruler (e.g. count) can convert the culture in his province even when the culture is not anywhere in the world? It is some in-game mechanic that is not available to human players?
It's available to human players, it's the "bring the boys from home" event. Even though there is no "home", it still works as far as my cursory reading of the code goes.

Event 55001

Requires a different religious group and different culture group as well as no neighbor of same culture.
You can also just console the event and it will happen in your capital.

Event 55001

Requires a different religious group and different culture group as well as no neighbor of same culture.
You can also just console the event and it will happen in your capital.
This is a popular misconception. Although it will change the religion of the county if it does not match yours, there is no requirement that they be different for the event to trigger.