• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fanoI

General
2 Badges
Aug 26, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
I remember that with the patch that introduced the College of Cardinals this possibility was added but I've never seen this really... I've tried to look to the diplomacy with the Pope but the only thing added is "Propose Bishop"... I tough it was because I need to wait 50 years but no new button appears I tried to go in the diplomacy of a random Caliph... maybe it was there this button... but it is nowhere to be seen :confused:

They have remove it in a sequent patch or I've not understand in what conditions should appear? I'm mad and this never existed?

It's not in the diplomacy screen with the Pope, you have to do diplomacy the target and the diplomatic option will appear to "Request Crusade" or something like that. Also there's a cooldown period from a previous Crusade.

It is available, i have seen it but i didnt have enough influence with the pope for him to grant the request. The problem is that once the cool down is over the pope will call another crusade for a place of his choosing anyway. Unless you are going to keep track of when the 30 years is up you will never know apart from guessing when the cool down period is over and by that stage a pop up will come on screen saying another crusade has been called for an area not of your choosing. Also i think while the cool down period is in effect the button doesnt actually show up, or maybe that was fixed in one of the patches im not too sure.

I've used it. I believe the target has to have a certain number of holdings in the kingdom in question.

Example, I had a distant cousin in my court with a claim on King of Jerusalem, a kingdom which had been conquered by the Muslim rulers of Egypt, but I could only request crusades for Egypt against them, not Jerusalem.