• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frigkas

Private
Dec 4, 2012
I have a question about game's character filter (finder).I use this tab only when i want to find a decent woman for marriage.I also wonder if from this filter you can arrange your whole council...I mean to find a good steward or spymaster etc...I don't know how to use it unless i want to find a spouce...I click search all , unmarried etc.How can i use this filter for other options??For instance if i want to find a good tutor to educate my heir??Thank you....:D

I have a question about game's character filter (finder).I use this tab only when i want to find a decent woman for marriage.I also wonder if from this filter you can arrange your whole council...I mean to find a good steward or spymaster etc...I don't know how to use it unless i want to find a spouce...I click search all , unmarried etc.How can i use this filter for other options??For instance if i want to find a good tutor to educate my heir??Thank you....:D
Err, easily? Just click on the respective stat's icon header. For Marshal, click on the crossed-swords icon header for the red Martial stat column in order to sort by that stat.. though if you click on the "Appoint" button in the Council window, the character search is automatically sorted by the relevant stat for that council position, so there's no need to even use the Character Finder unless you want to invite foreigners instead of using existing vassals/courtiers.

3HyOizZ.jpg

Now, if you do want to manually search for Court Chaplain candidates via Character Finder rather than the Appoint auto-search button, then click on the book icon header for the gray Learning one to sort by that stat:

iSMniUI.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any way to sort by traits (charitable, drunkard, etc)?
Yes, this was implemented shortly after RoI. Type in the trait's localized name in the search field. For example, typing in "stress" will filter characters with the Stressed trait. You can then sort these Stressed characters via name, dynasty, stats, age, religion, ambitious, etc.

n88COL7.jpg

Yes i know how to search via this filter but i don't know how to re - assign the new character.What i mean is that for ex. i want to appoint a new marshal.So i will go to this character filter and i will search for men via the ''swords icon''.Then if i open the diplomacy menu of this character (scroll) it doesn't say somewhere appoint as marshal...It only says gift him , educate child etc.How can i make the new character chancellor??Thank you....

Yes i know how to search via this filter but i don't know how to re - assign the new character.What i mean is that for ex. i want to appoint a new marshal.So i will go to this character filter and i will search for men via the ''swords icon''.Then if i open the diplomacy menu of this character (scroll) it doesn't say somewhere appoint as marshal...It only says gift him , educate child etc.How can i make the new character chancellor??Thank you....
I'm not sure, but I think he needs to be in your court or a vassal of you. Some random person on the other side of the world can't sit on your council I think.

Umm, read my post again. Carefully, this time. You click on the "Appoint" button... and then click on the portrait of that new guy you want to pick... and boom, the previous Marshal is now fired and replaced by the new guy you just picked. Now, if the person you "scouted" in Character Search doesn't appear on the list when you click on "Appoint" button, then that person probably wasn't your vassal/courtier and most likely not even in your realm in the first place--you'll need to invite him to your court before you can hire him.

Yep, you have to invite a dude to court first before appointing him.

Also, you should pretty much always tutor your heir. It's really the only way to ensure he gets good traits. I guess the exception might be if you have a terrible skill or you want him to have a skill other than your own, such as being a strategist vs. a theologian.

wow, never new that search feature was implemented. Will save me hours of meticulous trait searching.

Is that a China mod?

Ok thank you guys...i understood now that firstly i must invite someone to be my courtier to assign him as counchellor.Now as for my heir i've read that is good to become me (my primary character) as his tutor...that's suppose to have good traits.That's the reason i always make a custom character than playing with the one the game itself suggests.Thank you very much for your help though....