• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually how does relationships effect ?

what does mean +200 and - 200..

SOmatimes even with +200 relation they don't join allience.. :(

As far as I know it only relates to what that other country thinks of you. It is still not a guarantee that they will ally with you. That depends on the situation at the time of the proposal and whether or not you are in an advantageous position or share the same government type.

As far as I know it only relates to what that other country thinks of you. It is still not a guarantee that they will ally with you. That depends on the situation at the time of the proposal and whether or not you are in an advantageous position or share the same government type.

Yeah, pretty much.
It also has to do with your target's interventionism slider and (I assume) your own belligerence.

Diplomacy in the entire HoI franchise (DH included) is not as dynamic as it is in other PI games, such as the EU or Victoria series. HoI is pretty much a direct path to WWII, and it's a total war of annihilation/annexation, at least for the major nations.

Among some of the minor nations (which aren't closely linked to WWII events), you can get a small sense of the dynamic diplomacy that exists more strongly in other PI titles, but even there the game is heavily skewed towards the whole WWII era. HoI is basically a war game. I kinda miss the more dynamic/flexible/open diplomacy of the other titles sometimes. But, at least in HoI you have a clear purpose/objective. Less options & flexibility, but... your task is very clear.