• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frigkas

Private
Dec 4, 2012
Hello guys.I own CK II with all DLC's.My favorite starting geographic positions are Ireland or England with the long - term goal to form Brittania.So my question is of this nature.I know that CK II isn't as simple as it seems.The game hides many micromanagement gameplay especially with marriages and diplomacy.So till now i award titles only to my vassals if the are 1) unhappy or 2) powerfull.Are those titles only for vassals or must i give them to my dynasty's members?? ex. my wife , brothers , children etc. A second question is about intrigue and plots.So in the intrigue tab there are many options for great hunt , feasts indulgence of sins etc.Must i continiously pick up one of those options every month that they happen??At the end i have a question about how must i play....taking care ONLY about my Dynasty or must i care about my courtiers too??I mean when a vassal is unhappy i bribe him in order to chenge his opinion towards me.Must i care too about unhappy courtiers??Courtiers as i know from guides are good in children's education.Thank you all for your help....;)

Don't have too many unhappy courtiers. If anyone wants to plot against you, they can help with the plot if they are unhappy.

Landed titles can be given to anyone, except for women. For the most part, unlanded women cannot be given landed titles, although if a woman already inherited land beforehand, she can be given landed titles.

Those events you mentioned costs gold. If you can afford it, by all means go for it.

Hello guys.I own CK II with all DLC's.My favorite starting geographic positions are Ireland or England with the long - term goal to form Brittania.So my question is of this nature.I know that CK II isn't as simple as it seems.The game hides many micromanagement gameplay especially with marriages and diplomacy.So till now i award titles only to my vassals if the are 1) unhappy or 2) powerfull.Are those titles only for vassals or must i give them to my dynasty's members?? ex. my wife , brothers , children etc. A second question is about intrigue and plots.So in the intrigue tab there are many options for great hunt , feasts indulgence of sins etc.Must i continiously pick up one of those options every month that they happen??At the end i have a question about how must i play....taking care ONLY about my Dynasty or must i care about my courtiers too??I mean when a vassal is unhappy i bribe him in order to chenge his opinion towards me.Must i care too about unhappy courtiers??Courtiers as i know from guides are good in children's education.Thank you all for your help....;)

First off, I would not give already powerful people more power or unhappy people power. You can give them to courtiers or nobles you invite from the intrigue screen. You don't NEED to go hunting or feasting or summer fairing all the time, but I find it helps until I get 2000 prestige. I also always educate my heir.

As for titles i don't mean land titles as i know that i must distribute them only to Dynasty members or my Heir.I mean titles like Master of the Horse , of the Swans Cupbearer etc.Are they titles that chenge ONLY the opinion of a character or in the background they give them more power??Of course thank you all for your answers....

As for titles i don't mean land titles as i know that i must distribute them only to Dynasty members or my Heir.I mean titles like Master of the Horse , of the Swans Cupbearer etc.Are they titles that chenge ONLY the opinion of a character or in the background they give them more power??Of course thank you all for your answers....
All they get is the opinion change toward you and a microscopic salary. Probably some minor prestige as well, but nothing worth worrying about.

A lot depends on how your laws are setup. You have to take full advantage of all laws.

For instance if you are using elective then only land non dynasty members as they get a +20 opinion and family vassals get a -5.

If you want less marriage between your vassals switch to agnatic succession early.
If elective give your chosen heir the most prestigious honorary title.
Don't land him.
Always educate your heirs.
Always give landed titles to characters with same religion and culture as you. Try using randomly created characts under intrique you can invite noble or invite holyman for 5 piety.

Your next decision is Free investiture or Papal Investiture. If you go with Papal you can ask him for money (twice your yearly income) and claims on counties and duchies. Very powerful for a good catholic. Plus you can send your chancellor and bishop on missions to improve ratings with pope. If he doesn't give you a claim try assassinating the other leader to a kid comes on the throne.

Plus papal is good for getting the invasion CB. A united Ireland can get the invasion CB on Scotland. And a united Ireland and Scotland can get an invasion Cb on a united England as it has more holdings then Ireland and Scotland combined.

Yearly feasts give nice bonuses when you need them. I avoid hunting since RoI patch.