• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dm99

First Lieutenant
47 Badges
Dec 5, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
I was sure that the first case deserves that title, but the second hit me a lot more.

1. About 900 year. Norse House Reginar controls both Lotharingia and Italy, who are the different kingdoms. In Italy there is a revolution against the tyranny of the King of Italy in favor of the King of Lotharingia. It is headed by a Catholic. And at this moment the Pope declares a crusade for the liberation of Italy from the infidels. For a reason known only to the PDS, it declared the revolutionaries as the beneficiary of this crusade. Five years lots of people are fighting for Italy and then the message appears that the Pope won and the crusade has been successfully completed. And Italy goes to ... the thunder of drums ... goes to the King of Lotharingia, which is norse too.:wacko:

The chain of events is well explained. Revolutionaries were the beneficiaries, they got Italy after the Pope victory and then they immediatly handed it to the King of Lorraine in accordance with their declared goals. And the crusade for the return of Italy from the power of the infidels brought her to power of other infidels.

2. 50 years later. Second Crusade in Italy, which still belongs to the King of Lotharingia (norse). The description says that the beneficiary of the crusade is one catholic gay who has the claim to Italy. Crusade completed, Pope won. Who Got Italy? The King of Lotharingia. The second time all came back. What the hell is going on? :blink:

I looked closely like everything was happening. This is both sad and funny. This guy who had to win Italy, was a humble courtier in the court of the Jarl of Apulia. He really got all holdings in Italy. He is now count of the whole Italy, but as vassal of the Jarl of Apulia, who is vassal of the King of Lotaringia. :confused: No money, no income and will not be, he's deeply into the ass. What he would do? What he can do?
It seems to me that the mechanics of the Crusades is not completely broken but needs a large revision to avoid such cases.

Well, the crusaders need to be silly too, I guess to balance it out. Why would only the Caliph of Idjil (thats one province in western Africa and yeah that teenage brat called himself a Calif...with one province) would declare Jihad for Anatolia on a Restored RE?

See? They balance out :p

After reading your case I really really thing I will never mend the schism early again.

Those sound like they might be worth a bug report, especially the second one.
It sounds like it might be the "cannot usurp a title from another religion if they hold land there" alteration interacting oddly with Crusades.

If you've got a save just after it happened, it might be worth posting up to the bug forum, especially if you also have a save before the crusade finished.

I'm thinking Italy crusades are some how bugged. I was Fratecelli defending a crusade for Italy. I held whatever Duchy Rome is in, and when I won the entire de jure kingdom of italy was given to me. From multiple owners.

the beneficiary of the crusade is one catholic gay

:rofl:
I don't know if that is what you meant to say but it made me giggle for some reason.

:rofl:
I don't know if that is what you meant to say but it made me giggle for some reason.

Oops :eek:o. It's my mistake. Not gay - guy. But turned out so cool.

Those sound like they might be worth a bug report, especially the second one.
It sounds like it might be the "cannot usurp a title from another religion if they hold land there" alteration interacting oddly with Crusades.

If you've got a save just after it happened, it might be worth posting up to the bug forum, especially if you also have a save before the crusade finished.

Surprisingly, but I saved game to 3 days prior to the announcement of victory in the Crusade. I reported this issue on the bugs subforum and gave a link to this save.

But I think it's not so much a bug but big flaw of crusade mechanics. Previously, the winner of crusade also received all holdings. But he was independent and had the resources to transform the newly acquired space to a normal state. And which resources simple courtier may have? Even if he became independent after the victory he could not do anything. Need some special events that give him a lot of money to be able to create and usurp. But they are not provided. Need verification of revolutionaries who were beneficiaries of the First Crusade, but it's absent. And certainly there are many situations that simply are not provided, because it is impossible to foresee all. But in order all ran smoothly at once this foresight is necessary. Or it's necessary find and fix, find and fix and so many times. :(

But new mechanics is much better. Previously, the winner would become the Teutonic Order which has the largest army in Europe in this moment. That would be a big mistake.

Let's wait and see how will pass the Third Crusade for Italy.;)

Crusade beneficiary mechanic is definitely bugged. I've already encountered, twice, the "beneficiary is some random dude who becomes count of all the counties but no independence" so the crusade land always go to some other state.