• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lollibast

Captain
38 Badges
Jan 26, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
Hi, same topic as in AoD forum:

So I ran out of energy, as Japan, and I dont have enough convoys to ship all the resources in and supplies out. The thing is, I produce more than 400 energy in my home islands (I play CORE but the mechanics are the same) which do not need to be convoyed in,yet some days my production falls to around 60 IC which screws up my production lines and TC/supply efficiency. I wonder how that is possible because even when all convoys are used to ship supplies out i should have at least 400+ energy produced and never fall below 200IC. Any ideas or noticed something similar?

and theres a screenie and a savegame. i noticed that it occurs after a big shipment of supplies went out.View attachment icenergylack.rar icenergylack.gif

Slightly overstresses supply lines ......
There's a problem as province 2605 Demchugdongrub' s HQ is still existing, belonging to JAP and sucking-up 9999 energy and metal (probably more over a long time). This is an event setup error fixed in 0.62 - please manually fire 470138 by pressing F12 to open the console and enter: event 470138 ,followed by return.
To get some lost ressources back please enter energy + return and metal + return. Repeat this two or three times and close the console with F12.

Please cancel all supply convoys still running to China as some of them just suck up transports. It could be a good idea to experiment with disbanding all convoys to have the useful one auto-created during the next turns.
If you are still not able to properly feed your industry you could change your +5% IC minister to someone else

thanks a lot for this. I was wondering what demchugdon's HQ was, I also played around with convoys, canceling and creating new ones but it's just too much to be handled manually. Had to disband those going beyond india because I couldnt defend them from allied convoy bombers. anyway, im not sure if that wil solve the problem i encountered because it does not explain what happens to the energy that is homeproduced and needs no convoys to reach my industry. Demchonsomethings HQ is quite at a constant 9999 energy level I believe. so does it suck up 100s of energy when I need them most which is beamed there the moment it's produced?
edit: i tried it, demchongrub dissolving didnt fix the problem. the situation can be reproduced by holding supply shipments of for some time e.g. by not producing and supplies and then put all the IC into supplies which results in a spike in supply shipment, this drops my IC down to around 50 due to energy lack.

well, the problem disappeared after i conquered the USA and their stockpile was beamed to Tokio ^^

all in all i learned a lot about convoys, a single enemy sub can kill several convoys at once as long as your convoy is big enough (my supply convoys topped 700 convoys when resupplying a CTF coming to harbor) which is quite shocking (a popup that you lost 7 transports at san francisco bay when you are deficient of convoys and safely secure the naval bases on the westcoast and all the pacific, think you know that feeling). so my CTF quickly kills that LR-SS and I wonder how it can kill 7 convoys at once when my modern top doctrine 6 SR-SS squad cant kill a single one camping at the US eastcoast (no message convoys would be too heavily protected). So i send my CTF there and it sinks 1 convoy at 1-hour intervals until it runs out of supply. Gets me thinking that naval detection plays a more important role in convoy hunting than convoy attack. and its quite gamey to park your CTFs in the seazone next to a province you know a convoy leads to to supply a troop stationed there (like the pacific isles).

Last edited:
Province 2605 may have sucked-up a lot of ressources given to you by puppets, AFAIR they even receive ressources if they are at max of 9999.
Convoy attack for subs has been a bit reduced in 0.62.
Have you experimented with replacement of your +5% IC minister? You lose some IC but you will also require less ressources. As said above try to disband all convoys and see what happens.

Your industry seem to require 1k energy to run, some of this may be locally used, I assume this offshore usage is colonial factory usage.

i dont think its the sub attack valiue, that is still quite sufficient, compared to my carrierfleet that has similar values but fares a lot better.

well, thats how i solved the problem: icnoenergylack.gif