• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Commander-DK

General
26 Badges
Sep 30, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
In an effort to conquer Nat. China but also keep my war going, I dow'ed Com. China about 10 days before Nat. China finally fell.

But as soon as it did, Japan also made peace with Communist China. Why?

Is there any way to avoid this? Or do I have to start my war with Com. China after the fall of Nat. China? Thereby having to loose my good law and then pay to institute them again?

I'm guessing they must have allied themselves.

Was the fall of NatChi handled via event, i.e. Seize the Coast? If so, then the event is what did it. Seize the Coast imposes peace with all the Chinese states.

I had the same happening with that southern Chinese minor. I haven't checked but I think Nat China guarantees all minors and therefore becomes automatically the senior partner in an alliance when you DOW one of them. The only way out seems to finish off any minors first, before you make Nat China surrender.

Was the fall of NatChi handled via event, i.e. Seize the Coast? If so, then the event is what did it. Seize the Coast imposes peace with all the Chinese states.

I had enforced conquer on Nat. China, but I saw no way to delete the "Seize the Coast" war goal that is in effect, once the Marco Polo Bridge-war starts?

I had enforced conquer on Nat. China, but I saw no way to delete the "Seize the Coast" war goal that is in effect, once the Marco Polo Bridge-war starts?

I've never had a problem with this.

I just add the wargoal "conquer" and off I go.

NO :( :( I usually dow most of the Chinese factions when i go to war with NatChina and its always the same....Almost defeated Xibei San Mei, or whatever its called, and you end up with a truce and can do it all over again. The main problem isnt the truce though. As soon as you conquer NatChina any other dow will seriously infuence the US and will result in an early embargo and usually an early dow.

As soon as you conquer NatChina any other dow will seriously infuence the US and will result in an early embargo and usually an early dow.

Too many DoWs. If you are issuing a DoW at every Chinese state not directly drawn in by Marco Polo, that alone has driven up your threat enough that USA's war entry is being advanced. What you are seeing after re-declaring is just the final straw. If one of your strategic goals is keeping the USA out of the war until on or after their historical entry date, then you need to declare on fewer (or no!) extra Chinese states beyond those you automatically hit from the Marco Polo decision, add whatever war goals you want to those before they surrender, then when Seize the Coast fires lie doggo and prepare for the bigger war to come in a few years. You may not like going back to peacetime laws, but it can actually be to your advantage to have two or three years of peace before starting the final, bigger war that will not end until the game is over. That is just one approach, obviously, but probably the easiest to make work until you get more experience with how to leverage Japan's few strengths to offset their couple of major weaknesses so you can better deal with earlier USA war entry.

If extra years of peace are out for fun or other reasons, then at least try ignoring one or more of the more anemic Chinese states. After all, what does Xibei San Ma give you that is worth facing USN Death Stars two or three years ahead of schedule? Not much in the final analysis. Most of the tasty goodness can be had just from the Marco Polo decision chain, including creating Mengkukuo, though adding a conquer wargoal to NatChi can yield big bennies on top of that. A puppet wargoal on NatChi might yield even better long term bennies, so there is another option to consider.

I know and i'm not complaining, i just keep on doing it so i don't have any enemies in my back by the time i actually go for the big war. Usually the USA doesnt dow me any earlier, but they embargo me usually somwhere around 1938. But by that time that's not a real problem. First of all because I try to trade as much as possible with the USSR for obvious reasons. Second, because China and the warlord states have quite a bit of resources, enough to get everything in the green :) Which in turn means I need to export less supplies and can use that IC for building new units.

It's also part of a bigger strategy: You can only get some of the strategic bonusses, later in the game, by controlling all of China. So i annex all Chinese states except Xibei San Mei, which i puppet. Cause they will usually deal effectively with partisans in inner China so I need less occupation forces. But another reason is that Japan hasn't got much IC. Restarting the war means I need to leave troops in China to finish the job while I really need those troops elsewhere (India, Malaya and the Pacific).
Another part of the strategy is that usually war with only NatChina is not enough to get Veteran Army bonus while Japan really needs that bonus in LS.

Another part of the strategy is that usually war with only NatChina is not enough to get Veteran Army bonus while Japan really needs that bonus in LS.

While I agree that you can easily defeat China in 100 battles, you can also drag out the war and get 250 battles by 1939. Simply form a static line of defense and let the Chinese crash like waves against it :)

I know but thats too gamey for my liking ;) Anyway its part of a bigger strategy, so for me it isn't a problem.