• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tigrislove

Sergeant
57 Badges
Apr 8, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
Is there any way to find out if an ally of the country I attack will become warleader or not, such as a base tax ratio or something similiar?

In my Granada game I have conquered Rome and I have a claim on Ancona, belonging to Urbino. Urbino has no other provinces but is allied to Milan, which has it's starter territory plus Liguria. Milan is already being beaten in a war, so I can easily win if Urbino stays as warleader. If Milan becomes warleader, they are allied with France and I won't stand a chance..

A combination of factors with military size being the most important. Russia always becomes war leader in the endgame if you attacks it's smAller allies even though they don't stand a chance against western units.

I saw occurences where not the strongest nation took warleadership. It was getting beaten in another, so I would say it's the standing army that counts, but it's just a guess.

Standing army, current manpower and prestige is factored in, as well as unit pips.

Army tradition might have some bearing as well, as may dependencies. (2pm Savoy could become warleader over Austria when they had Spain in a PU, though Austria had just been beaten quite badly, so that may be what did it.)

I was playing as Austria and my HRE friends kept calling me into wars. I was a bit surprised that despite me having 3 times the soldiers and 5 times the territory, Brandenburg remained the war leader when they called me into their war of conquest (a CB which allows the war leader to change). It would be really nice if the tool tip would tell you that you will or will not be the war leader if you accept the call to arms (or if you DOW).

I was playing as Austria and my HRE friends kept calling me into wars. I was a bit surprised that despite me having 3 times the soldiers and 5 times the territory, Brandenburg remained the war leader when they called me into their war of conquest (a CB which allows the war leader to change). It would be really nice if the tool tip would tell you that you will or will not be the war leader if you accept the call to arms (or if you DOW).

Warleader on attacking side doesn't change except in coalition wars.