• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Isaios

Field Marshal
77 Badges
Dec 19, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
I've not played significantly with Byzant since LoR came out (played it a lot right around then as one can imagine) but decided to take a playthoiugh to nab the achievements.

Then I thought back to the last time and remembered Born in the Purple and Augustus. Then (having already been rather pleased by the +25 opinion modifier there) I looked over the Rome related achievements and saw that only one needed the Orthodox branch, while the rest just required Christianity. Then I began to mull.

What about a Catholic Rome with a vassal Pope, Free Investiture and Imperial revokation of Duchies.

For a first glance, that's another +10 in opinion modifier, not to mention the ridiculous level of internal power that'd give.

Then I considered an elective approach, giving another +20 for a grand total of +55 before Prestige and traits o_O

I'm drooling and cannot stop. Halp!

Rome is supposed to be a bit op. And you forgot the Imperial Reconquest CB and the kick-ass cataprachts.

Rome is supposed to be a bit op. And you forgot the Imperial Reconquest CB and the kick-ass cataprachts.

YES!

^_^

Oh man, this is gonna be the most OP playthrough ever :p No more surviving by the skin of your teeth as Zoros! No more protracted, horribly bloody, realm-dividing sibling wars as a Pagan! N0o more Decadence! Just smooth, blissful serialconquest.

"Oh, pet Pope, won't you give me an Invasion?" "Oh, pet Pope, won't you please excommunicate this dude?"

YES!

^_^

Oh man, this is gonna be the most OP playthrough ever :p No more surviving by the skin of your teeth as Zoros! No more protracted, horribly bloody, realm-dividing sibling wars as a Pagan! N0o more Decadence! Just smooth, blissful serialconquest.

"Oh, pet Pope, won't you give me an Invasion?" "Oh, pet Pope, won't you please excommunicate this dude?"

Oh, don't remind me about the taxes that guy milks from everyone. I've spent my first century trying to get my bloody church vassals to hate him / like me more just because of the damn pope.

Even better when he goes on a crusade, everyone starts swooning with 100 opinion for the pope. And i don't get paid. BLASPHEMY:angry: I'm always tempted to create an antipope there and then, but i get put off by the potential 'free CB on me' by other christians.

Yeah, a Catholic Roman Empire with a vassal pope (in an era where there are still things to Crusade after; you forgot +30 Both Crusader in your calculations) is basically the holy grail of stability and power in CK2.

It is bloody glorious.

As an Orthodox Emperor it mostly just stacks up pretty well against a Catholic state.

Yeah, a Catholic Roman Empire with a vassal pope (in an era where there are still things to Crusade after; you forgot +30 Both Crusader in your calculations) is basically the holy grail of stability and power in CK2.

Nono, didn't forget, it's just that the bare minimum was so ridiculously OP that anything more became almost moot :p

It is bloody glorious.

^_^ I like that nick.

Catholic Roman Empire is a combination of: Heresy, blasphemy, abomination and everyone who forms it deserves to burn in hell forever.

I kid obviously.

Now that I put it out of my system, if you pull it through and go with the deamon spawn event and get the hand maidens as well....