• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Land of the Rising Down Under Sun

Colonize all of Australia as Japan

You know, it'd be kind of cool if modders could make non-Steam achievements for stuff. Sometimes its just nice to have a unique challenge to aim for, and then get something for it (even if its just something you'd have to screencap to prove I guess).

I just want my Touhou achievements, bwhahahaha.

I don't play ironman and couldn't care less about getting achievements, but I do like that achievemens drive strategy discussions and Let's Plays. So here are some suggestions that might be fun to watch:

1421 - As Ming, own colonial nations in the Caribbean and North America east coast X provinces, and own Y provinces in Australia.
Republic of Tea - Get "Trading in Tea" as a republic
American Indians - Form Hindustan, own all colonial nations in the Americas, and no Native American states exist
Kublai's Revenge - conquer Japan as any horde.
Silk Road - Control trade in Hangzhou, Beijing, Yumen, Samarqand, and any of the following: (Persia and Constantinople), (Astrakhan, Crimea, and Constantinople), (Astrakhan, Kazan, and Novgorod), (other inland combinations flowing west from Samrqand)
Not ivory coast - get Trading in Ivory while owning no coastal provinces
Not gold coast - get Trading in Gold while owning no coastal provinces
Holding it together - As a monarchy, maintain -3 STAB and sub-50 legitinacy for 100 years without accepting rebel demands or going bankrupt

There should be an achievement for forming the Netherlands as a minor german nation like Gelre or something. I see many posts on how this is hard and yet there's no reward for this.

Divine Wind...? - As the Mongol Khanate, occupy and annex Kyoto.
A People's Revolution - Transform from a Monarchy to a Republic
Et Tu, Brute? - Decline an ally's call to arms and then declare war on them.
Not Today, Jones - As a nation in the Germanic culture group, win a war against Great Britain
El Presidente - As a Caribbean colonial nation, successfully declare independence against your overlord, and then transform your government into a Republican Dictatorship.
Crimea a River - As Crimea, own at least 10 Estuaries.
Déjà Vu - As Normandy, successfully own all of the 'England' region.
Champagne, ALL the champagne! - As Champagne, own all wine producing provinces.

The Great Brittany - Own the entire Great Britain region as Brittany
Fashion Week - own every cloth province as a Milan
Democracy Bringers - as the USA, own at least 1 province in the Middle East
American Tea Party - get a trading bonus from trading in tea as the USA
A name that fits - own Yamasee, Muskogee and Chiaha as Georgia
No more Hung(a)ry - eat a Turkey (own entire Turkey region as Hungary)
Manchu Picchu - own Cuzco (not certain though) as Manchu

League of Lezhe - Own all Balkan peninsula as Albania

Nusantara - Own all Indonesian islands and Malay peninsula as Majapahit

True successor of Muhammad - As Shiite nation, capture and convert all Sunni provinces in 1444 start into Shiite

Eat Kimchi, not Sushi/Korean Wave - As Korea, conquer all Japan islands and change the culture into Korean/Conquer Japan + South East Asia and change the culture into Korean

The King in The North - [joke]As Robb Stark, conquer all Westeros[/joke] - As Sweden, own all northernmost provinces in the world

Last edited:
Coming Full Circle - Destroy Castille, Aragon, or Spain as Portugal and form Spain.

I Can Foix That - Form France as Foix

Orange County - Own southern California as the Netherlands or have a Dutch Colonial Nation own it. (For those of you that don't know, Orange County is a rich area in Southern California near Los Angeles)

Somali Pirates - As a Somalian cultured nation, own the majority of trade in the Gulf of Aden node.

Dai Viet - Own all provinces in China as a Vietnamese cultured nation.

Sorry Timmy - Form the Mughals as any nation besides the Timurids.

That's Nasty! - Own all provinces in China as Pegu. (In Chinese, butt is pronounced as pee guu, and Pegu sounds similar to that, so the Chinese are gonna have to live under the Butt Kingdom :p)

Khemer and Get Some! - Beat a European nation in a war as Khemer. (Note: Can be done anytime, Westernized or not)

That's all I have for now!

You know, it'd be kind of cool if modders could make non-Steam achievements for stuff. Sometimes its just nice to have a unique challenge to aim for, and then get something for it (even if its just something you'd have to screencap to prove I guess).
Hmm..
This might actually be possible.

Ulmtimatum: As Ulm, win an offensive war against the current emperor of the HRE.
East..Francia? Frisia? One of those.: As East Frisia, form Germany.
Irish Vodka: As an Irish nation, own the provinces of Novgorod and Moskva
Urbinum Romanum: As Urbino, own all Umbrian culture provinces.

Beachfront Property: Own all the world's (habitable) coastland

Keeping it in the family: With at least five independent rulers in your religious group, become the only ruling dynasty in your religious group.

World War Zero: Lead a war involving 80% of europe.

We're the new Indians: As a North American country, control land in India

Wrong Georgia: As the USA, own a Georgian core.

Revenge of tutorial island: Form Ireland and take over the british isles (I don't think you can form GB as irish culture).

They expected the Spanish Inquisition: As Castille, get converted by religious rebels.