• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lucifer_

Recruit
2 Badges
Apr 19, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hello everyone :) I have been a big Paradox fan since many years. All these years I have been lurking and stalking these forums without participating, sorry xD

I started to modify some basic aspects of the game to suit my preferences. A few mods that I did till now are -

-> Added Concubinage to Messalianism, making the religion benificial and less prone to inbreeding.
-> Made Cathars, Bogomilists and Messalianists able to appoint females at all council and troop leader positons. This doubles the chance for ptential employees. :)
-> Added an event to establish Messalian Papacy (Lucifer Decrees Order !!!) [Very very beta currently]

Now coming to main topic at hand, I have some questions and would be grateful if senior modders take some time in answering my questions :)

First, while marrying close-kin relatives through Messalian religion, it states "Sacred divine blood marriage of Faith". I find this a bit lame and more so very generic in nature. I would like to replace this string with "Sacred Ambrosian marriage of the Euchites". However, I was not able to locate the files where this string is present, any help in this matter?

Second, where are the files with the strings containing religion descriptions located at? I mean the strings which describe religion when you hover your mouse tip over the religion symbol/name.

Thank you all for patiently reading through my post, have a good day :)

P.S - If anyone would like to play the game with one or more of the mods I created, let me know. All of those are just 1 ile replacements and is quite easy to share.

I'm not sure where to find those localisation files (although I'll take a look), but I would be interested in the first two mods (concubines and female councillors). Thanks very much!

(This thread should probably get moved to the modding forum, I guess…)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4o3rw2rvjx665s5/job_titles.txt

The above file should be replaced with the file job_titles in the "common" folder of the game. This makes you able to appoint female councillors and troop leaders for Cathars, Bogolomists and Messalians ONLY.

To add Concubinage to Messalianism, go to "game installation folder -> common -> religions" in this, there should be a file called "00_religions.txt" open it with notepad.
Next, press ctrl+f (find) and search for "messalian" in the search box. Now, in this messalian function, add the line "max_consorts = 3" above the the line "divine_blood = yes". Now press ctrl+s (save) and close the file. This allows concubinage. Sorry I was not able to provide you with the modified 00_religions.txt file as my file contains some other extra mods.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding this.