• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yonderTheGreat

Colonel
114 Badges
Dec 12, 2002
www.planetdungeonsiege.com
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I've played Muslims a few times, always to great disaster within the first century.

I know that one of, if not THE, main thing(s) regarding Muslims is the maintenance of Decadence. Beyond that, I'm fairly confused... just in general. I also THINK I know that having a large family is a bad thing once you get past 2 or 3 sons.

Is there a good guide, complete with hand-holding, somewhere that could explain a thing or three. I dunno why I'm having such difficulty with it.

As always, thanks!

Abuse Holy Wars and conquest mechanics. Watch your decadence, rake in the money and hire mercs. Also abuse the endless Holy Orders Muslims get. Finally, no matter how tempting it is, past the first couple generations, you probably don't need 4 wives and the 20 sons they produce.

Follow these "rules" and generally Muslims become CK2 easy mode.

It's really very easy. Decadence is a breeze, always has been, especially if you keep your family tree trimmed. You get a million CBs, high tech (further compounded if you follow the Mu'tazillah school) and a bunch of other advantages. Remember your Ramadan and keep a temple handy.

Abuse Holy Wars and conquest mechanics. Watch your decadence, rake in the money and hire mercs. Also abuse the endless Holy Orders Muslims get. Finally, no matter how tempting it is, past the first couple generations, you probably don't need 4 wives and the 20 sons they produce.

Follow these "rules" and generally Muslims become CK2 easy mode.
Pretty much, but don't forget the free duke title revocations make managing the kingdom way easier. And while Muslims have it pretty good, an excess of holy orders isn't their thing. Actually with Catholics and Hindus Holy Orders are more your bane.

Don't forget the secular religious head thing. The Caliph increases the Moral Authorithy with his diplomacy and piety, which is awesome. If you want to be a Calpih, but hate the Abassid blob, try the Rustamids. They're Ibadi and can create a Caliph titles on their own. You also start in a great position between a weak Aghlabid fighting the Byzies and a soon to be destroyed Idrisid. Oh, did I mention that Caliphs can call their own Jihads?