• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tjb0274

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 7, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
Not sure whether I'm missing something here and this is expected behaviour, or whether I've found something that shouldn't be happening.

I'm playing an 867 start as Wessex. Everything has been going well, I've got all of lower England, plus York, and have been working on the remaining Norse counties in the Midlands.

Suthrejar has a few holdings down there, so I declared Holy War on them for Jorvik, in order to take the last two counties of the old Petty Kingdom of Jorvik, which Suthrejar have. No problem on the military front - smashed them and their Norwegian allies, and occupied lots of their holdings, including most of those in Jorvik - but somehow Suthrejar is still shown as controlling Jorvik on the warscore screen, and continues to rack up warscore for it.

I control all of the counties from the de-jure Petty Kingdom of Jorvik bar one, which is occupied by another Norse ruler who is also at war with Suthrejar for control of England. I also control a fair chunk of Suthrejar territory in Scotland (most of the rest is controlled by the Scottish king - Suthrejar isn't having a good time).

As far as I can see, Suthrejar doesn't control anything that can be counted as being in Jorvik, so why does the game treat them as controlling Jorvik?

I mean the target of your CB. Once you occupy one holding, ticking warscore for the enemy stops. Once you fully occupy the target, you will get ticking warscore.
From my own experience you won't get a ticking warscore if the target is a duchy and a third independent party has a holding or county in it.

Thanks for the replies guys - looks like I goofed. The county I thought was held by a third party was held by my opponent after all - he must have got it back (maybe a war ended - he had five going at one point) without me noticing.

Thought I'd double checked all the counties before I posted, but must have missed that one. Good learning experience :)