• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Transvaal and Oranje can enact a " Groot Trek" decision which is supposed to give them migrants but never really worked.
Americas and Oceania will receive 99% of the migrants and as South Africa you'll maybe get a trickle the best days.

Playing PoD I've occasionally seen countries like Belgium, Sweden, and the UK receiving a positive inflow of immigrants. Usually it's because of their reforms. I suppose it's possible to increase immigration through reforms and the like but, honestly, you're going to end up in an arms race of who has enacted the most reforms. That's probably going to be the United States.

On a less related note, when do Asians start emigrating? I have yet to see Asian immigrants. I would love to see a mod that balances out immigration with a heavy initial European push into North America until the 1890's followed by a heavy Asian push into North America and Oceania. After 1890's maybe Europeans start to trickle into the States but primarily focus on Africa/Oceania.

I guess PoD has its own rules but in vanilla Europe won't get migrants of very very few. Asian migration start when countries westernize before that migration is almost nonexistant. A westernized China floods the Americas and Oceania with migrants for 20 years, before it slows down a bit (mostly because China managed to become a GP and provide some employment and welfare to its pops).

I am also curious how SAF can get the same bonusses as North America and Oceania, I really love more Boer pops, currently modding a game to start out as a decent South Africa with immgration potential but I'm stuck at how to get atleast some immgrants.

Also on the asia migration thing, I once had a China divided into all those states, ALL civilized by 1890(no idea how) and almost every country in N and S america got HUGE immgration, like Colombia(the nation of Vancouver but withtout the rest of Canada) got so many immgrants that Colombia itself had more POPs than Canada itself(sattelite of Britain). Expect thousands and thousands of Chinese when they civilize, THOUSANDS.

Transvaal and Oranje can enact a " Groot Trek" decision which is supposed to give them migrants but never really worked.
Americas and Oceania will receive 99% of the migrants and as South Africa you'll maybe get a trickle the best days.

De Groot Trek does work. It's not supposed to give you a homogeneous Boer population but if you play your cards right you can have a 50-60% Boer population as Transvaal by 1940. I believe I had it about 50% or so last time around, and that's with maintaining Reactionary hegemony. I imagine you could get it higher through assimilation as an Anarcho-Liberal.

Couldn't that be mostly because of assimilation and not migration ?

Yes, but the decision gives you a pretty healthy initial push. If you watch the demographics it looks more like it gives +200% assimilation speed rather than the immigration it claims to give. So it does ultimately do what it's supposed to, just not in the manner it claims.

On Chinese immigration, I kinda wished this game would somehow represent the majority population of a country like Columbia suddenly being Chinese in some way. Instead they all assimilate.