DDRJake at it again - world conquest with the Minghals

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't get me wrong, the Minghal strategy is incredible and his end map will look more impressive and might actually be faster (we'll see), but looking at it I just have doubts if it's strictly "easier".
Haven't done any WC attempts since the Austrian strategy so I don't know how fast they are now, but this is my Minghal in 1601, already have an army FL of 570 (While in TEMPLE STANCE):

CFcEnxj.png

I might be slower than Jake though, not sure.

Last edited:
"I am the Empress?! Am I constantly riding a horse and throwing off children from it?!"

Welp, there went my drink

Is there a list for bugs like the minghals ?
I'd really like to see a list of all big known exploits

And of course it took me until the 1600s to realize that you can just truce break forever (It costs a grand total of 40 Adm points to get from -3 to +1 under the bureaucrats) effectively making coalitions a non-factor.

The only thing holding you back with this strategy is manpower and/or ducats, your ability to reinforce your armies. For as long as you can do that (And you can, against practically anything), you can just sit in permanent war and annex 100% every time.

Using the non-coalition war leader exploit is pretty awesome here as well since you can then 100% every nation.

Last edited:
I haven't watched it but which aspect of gameplay is he exploiting?
In his Sunset Invasion achievement, he used infinite money exploit. Let me guess, he has zero day coring timer.

I haven't watched it but which aspect of gameplay is he exploiting?
If you bankrupt yourself as a OPM you automatically change to the culture and religion of your province. So he culture shifted to a culture that could form the mughals and formed them, but because he started as Ming he still had factions but no terrible modifiers because he changed tag, giving him instant cores with the right faction.

and as to how he did it...
Short story: start as Ming, vassalize Delhi and conquer one of the their provinces, release the Chinese vassals, keep just that Indian province, go bankrupt to force cultural and religious conversion as the OPM, annex Delhi, form the Mughals. The faction system remains but you lose the penalties, have Mughal national ideas, Muslim tech and Indian units.
Hilarious.

And I actually found the way I could have done my religious conversion as Tibet - I didn't know about bankruptcy at the time :(

I would find it incredibly funny if someone finishes the WC before Jake or if Jake actually fails to get the WC :)
I don't find the latter possible, Minghals is a extreme snowball, by 1600 the entire Asia is already under control, and it is easy to take on 10 nations at once given the infinite manpower+money+truce breaking+zero war exhaustion+highest discipline in the game.

last night he showed an infinite money exploit specifically for ming factions, which I remember using from the last time I played ming too, albeit not making nearly as much money. Buy buildings with the Bureaucrats faction for heavily discounted cost, switch to Temple or Eunuch and immediately sell the buildings, which magically give back the full cost and not the discounted cost. combined with no inward perfection, this made him 8000 gold in a day.

Minghals gives me hope on a future expansion on east asia, I'd choose a complete mechanic fleshing out over simple exploit plug any day of the week.

First, I want to see someone form Minglaya though :D

Last edited:
Minghals gives me hope on a future expansion on east asia, I'd choose a complete mechanic fleshing out over simple exploit plug any day of the week.

First, I want to see someone form Minglaya though :D

I thought about that, but you'd have to take exploration first to actually form it, because some of the province requirements start out as uninhabited provinces. Also, Minglaya would take more provinces to form. :(

On the other hand, the colour is ten times more impressive - not to say that the dark green isn't nearly as good. :D

Malaya has terrible ideas for world conquest though. Taumingoo would have been interesting, although instant cores wouldn't unlock until after all the national ideas were.
Another vomit inducing colour unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm trying it too, after 5 failed attempts I'm finally in a good position (even though I had to do 2 bankruptcies, having forgotten Beijing this time around... 80% inflation is no fun). I'm far too slow (1590, half of India and Japan still standing ; but I did block Muscovy) and I don't think I will manage WC but it's still a lot of fun. Thanks jack ! Waiting for your next stream.

PS : do you guys think it would be viable to ignore colonization until after 1610 or so ? With colonial nations it may be possible now, and I really need that Religious idea group...

Malaya has terrible ideas for world conquest though. Taumingoo would have been interesting, although instant cores wouldn't unlock until after all the national ideas were.
Another vomit inducing colour unfortunately.

I don't think Malaya would struggle for WC with factions if they could be formed as quickly as Minghals. That's the problem though; it would take much longer to form Malaya since you have to colonize.

If you have 10 uncored provinces how likely are you to be able to core them all in succession with a coring-mission active? Free admin power if it works!

You have to do at least 1 mission between or wait a while to get the same mission...you can't just spam same mission in a row, so you'd have to find some other easily accomplished mission to chain it.

Can you do the same thing you do with buildings to get infinite admin points? Start coring, switch factions so you lose the discount, then cancel coring? I guess it doesn't really matter if everything you would do with admin points is free.

Can you do the same thing you do with buildings to get infinite admin points? Start coring, switch factions so you lose the discount, then cancel coring? I guess it doesn't really matter if everything you would do with admin points is free.

Except tech. You'd also be able to stabhit yourself through truce breaks and stuff in the confident knowledge that you'll be able to get yourself back up to wherever you want to be.