• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As said above, vikings. Other pagans can raid cut even if I border them they're not a problem. But vikings..... Wherever I play I always seem to be the priotary target, if I'm next to the sea. And particulary in 1066. They're only two norse states left - but anyway, these two will send me all their men, year after year. Nearly impossible to catch them, and it seems they only go for you. Bloody vikings

I'm not sure if the Catholics hold the same belief, but in my denomination (Southern Baptist), the Church IS its members. By attacking the Church, you attack her members. Christ is the Head of His Church (regardless of denomination). Baptists have no spiritual head, no liturgy except the Sacraments/Eucharist and baptism, and no hiearchy except ones they voluntarily enter. For the best comparison, since Christ is the head, the Pope (or Patriarch, etc., depending on the denomination) is the neck, because he is the first of all bishops.

Yep, church means community. People are members of a sect because they believe what it says (or at least the majority of what it says). Attacking the community is attacking those that the community is comprised of.

The Knights of Santiago. They are the largest duchy that I have ever seen, having half of Spain. Playing as a Norse pagan, I fear them during the inevitable Crusade. That and a Byzantine Karling. That is the worst thing ever.