• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hyena Dandy

Captain
11 Badges
Jan 1, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
I'm working on my AAR, Dulcedine Sanguinis, pretty rapidly. To the point that I just about have another one ready to go, and I just posted my last post a few hours ago. But with no comments on it, I worry that it might be considered a bit rude to double-post like that. Is it rude/improper/etc.?

I wouldn't say it was rude or improper as such, and to the best of my knowledge there are no rules against it, but I would advise you hold fire anyway. Often, when an author is firing through updates at an incredible pace, people get left behind and find the speed to great to follow. It may well therefore hinder any comments you get, which I imagine is not something you want. Posting another update only a few hours after the last one would be, in my opinion, overkill. Why not wait and see if anyone comments in the next few days and then post the next update? With my first AAR, I was posting an update every day at the start, which I suspect contributed significantly to the dearth of comments later on in the story. (As an aside, I actually burnt out all of my enthusiasm for writing that particular work 45,000 words in, and haven't updated it since November – the final update coming after a period of posting one update per month.)

Of course, you're free to ignore my advice completely, but I thought I'd just give you some feedback from my own experiences. :)

Ah, no problem. :) I will let it rest for a while. It's just so hard not to post. :p I trust the advice of those with more experience. I've tried a couple AARs that fizzled due to computer/personal reasons (Major anxiety and whatnot. Probably the reason I post so much, I'm afraid if I don't, I'll end up not finishing)

Indeed, it would appear that delaying is the better idea. Going to try to go to an at most bi-weekly schedule, then.

Last edited:
Ah, no problem. :) I will let it rest for a while. It's just so hard not to post. :p I trust the advice of those with more experience. I've tried a couple AARs that fizzled due to computer/personal reasons (Major anxiety and whatnot. Probably the reason I post so much, I'm afraid if I don't, I'll end up not finishing)

Indeed, it would appear that delaying is the better idea. Going to try to go to an at most bi-weekly schedule, then.

Well you can always just pre-write your updates, that way you have them done and then all you need to do is just come to the forum and copy and paste the chapter and be done with it. That's how I've been doing my EUIV Milan AAR, its made things a lot easier and happier while I write.

But yeah like Densley said, its probably best to wait a few days at least, especially since it appears your's is more text driven/narrative.

Gameplay AARs that are picture heavy and few words, can usually get away with a post a day though.

Dulcedine is text-based, yeah. Game of Chair Things is more gameplay-ish, and now has a musical number. :p Pre-writing is good, though. I certainly have motivation to do so.