• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dogukan91

Major
97 Badges
Oct 2, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
The other day I made a thread about how inaccurate the game-model is for Muslims and Turks. Anyways, I thought of a simple thing to do. As a Muslim ruler, the way you invite a noble to the court, you should be able to invite a Ghulam, an extremely loyal Altaic Muslim whom you can give lands to. But it should be in such a way that the sons of the Ghulam cannot inherit unless there is a weakened central regime, at that point they can rebel and establish their dynastic rule or even take over the state which was not un-common.
Is this difficult to implement? At the death of the Ghulam the land returns to owner of the state and "revoking" does not cost anything except maybe individual relations.

What do you think?

Are you sure that ghilman were given fiefs and acted as feudal lords? I was always under the impression that they were guards, soldiers and bureaucrats.

oh you might be right...My thoughts were dominated by the Ottomans and to an extend Mamelukes. And probably Seljukids as well.
Does anyone know more about this?

I know very little of early Islamic feudalism.

Are you sure that ghilman were given fiefs and acted as feudal lords? I was always under the impression that they were guards, soldiers and bureaucrats.
Though in old gods start in abbasid caliphate there are a lot of Turks given fiefs

Is this difficult to implement?

I think it is possible to make a small mod with such mechanics. I think you would need two custom traits ("ghulam" and "appointed", for instance) and two custom crown laws ("strong regime" and "weak regime"), then you would need to:
- modify muslim nobleman invite to ensure they are spawned with "ghulam".
- add a new event that in a realm with "strong regime", any landed character with "ghulam" but without "appointed" receives "appointed".
- add a new event that in a realm with "weak regime", any landed character with "ghulam" and "appointed" loses "appointed".
- change the already implemented appointment succession law to also work with any character with "appointed" trait.

Weak and strong could just be specific levels of crown authority instead of custom laws, otherwise you'd need to implement some sort of event chain/mechanism to determine when a realm is considered strong and when it is weak.